Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Open editor for electribe sampler
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the awesome work, Brakio!
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
aubrey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brakio wrote:
Just to inform you that there is a new release available (v.0.0.12).
https://github.com/JonathanTaquet/Oe2sSLE/releases

main changes since v0.0.11:
- you can now edit most of the values with text inputs (keyboard or copy/paste for instance)
- sample category is now edited with a combobox
- fixed an issue with the setting of the sampling frequency:
- the new sampling frequency was not taken into account by the electribe (a specific parameter was not updated in the .all file)
- if you have a .all file with such a problem, just open it with this new release and save it.
- fixed an issue with the character encoding of the sample name. ascii should have been used but utf8 was.
- other minor fixes

- For Mac users: I'm sorry but there are still important issues to be solved before I can publish a release.

- For windows users: if you are on windows 10 (maybe on previous versions also), if you have too much samples loaded there seems to be an issue with tkinter: some widgets are not displayed. Try to not have more than 775 samples opened at once if you don't want to wast working time... (all possible samples numbers filled up to 872).

This bugs seems to not occur on windows XP.

Dear Brakio

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
From South Africa!
Korg Electribe Sampler
Yamaha UX256
Focusrite Saffire PRO 40
Novation LaunchControl
Novation LaunchPad
Lenovo i7/16GB/47TB
Ableton Live 9.5
Brakio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMK wrote:

Thanks for the awesome work, Brakio!

aubrey wrote:

Dear Brakio

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
From South Africa!

Thank you!

I work on the editor to solve the windows and mac os issues. I have released a new version (v0.1.0-alpha-1). I consider this release to be still in alpha testing, because some refactoring was made and there may be some remaining bugs. Check https://github.com/JonathanTaquet/Oe2sSLE/releases

I hope that some users may test it to report me problems they encounter.
With this release there is a Mac OS X version. It is my first mac application distribution, so let me now if it works!
Brakio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that if there are no new comments nor new issues on GitHub it is because it is quite stable now.

I just published a new revision (0.1.0).
Still check https://github.com/JonathanTaquet/Oe2sSLE/releases

Quote:
main changes since v0.1.0-alpha-1:
- when you export samples,
- loop points are exported in smpl chunks
- slice start points are exported in cue chunks
- some code accelerations
- fix slice points that were not properly positioned when a non zero start point was used
- other minor fixes

I hope that the new feature will be useful if you want to edit (or have edited) your samples on the electribe and want to use slice points or loop points in a daw.
aubrey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brakio wrote:
I hope that if there are no new comments nor new issues on GitHub it is because it is quite stable now.

I just published a new revision (0.1.0).
Still check https://github.com/JonathanTaquet/Oe2sSLE/releases

Quote:
main changes since v0.1.0-alpha-1:
- when you export samples,
- loop points are exported in smpl chunks
- slice start points are exported in cue chunks
- some code accelerations
- fix slice points that were not properly positioned when a non zero start point was used
- other minor fixes

I hope that the new feature will be useful if you want to edit (or have edited) your samples on the electribe and want to use slice points or loop points in a daw.

WOW
Thank you so very much for all your effort and work!
Korg Electribe Sampler
Yamaha UX256
Focusrite Saffire PRO 40
Novation LaunchControl
Novation LaunchPad
Lenovo i7/16GB/47TB
Ableton Live 9.5
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brakio- Great Job as always.

I think the next step is to make an ipad/iphone app of your Electribe Sampler that includes the ability to sample live from the mic and works with AudioShare. Charge about $9.99 for it...I'd buy in a heart beat.

Right now I still have to rely on my PC to take samples I make from Korg Gadget and dump into my Electribe Sampler via the SD card.

IMHO iOS app for ipad should be your next step. Afterward you can work on the Android version.
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music

Last edited by SMK on Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Loudest

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMK wrote:
In fact don't waste time on the MAC version since most MAC users have iPhone or ipad

I am a MAC user but I don't have an iPhone/iPad Sad

Smile

anyway
keep up the good work!
thank you so much Brakio!! Cool
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loudest wrote:
SMK wrote:
In fact don't waste time on the MAC version since most MAC users have iPhone or ipad

Sorry about that Loudest. Every Mac user I know went for the complete Mac eco system because of how it all works together. Anyhow I wish that Korg would hire Brakio to do a complete Electribe Sampler Editor that was for all platforms.
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
stahlwerk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMK wrote:
Loudest wrote:
SMK wrote:

Sorry about that Loudest. Every Mac user I know went for the complete Mac eco system because of how it all works together. Anyhow I wish that Korg would hire Brakio to do a complete Electribe Sampler Editor that was for all platforms.

I'm also a Mac user (since 9 years) and I've never had an iDevice (though my wife has an iPad.) From what I've seen among my colleges, this is more common than the "full Apple solution".
bloomes

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

same here. owning a mac but no iphone. and honestly i don't want/need to manage my samples with a telephone.
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bloomes wrote:
same here. owning a mac but no iphone. and honestly i don't want/need to manage my samples with a telephone.

First off, again, I apologize for making such a blanket statement, yes I see there are MAC users that don't use iPads and iPhones.

Next bit.

The reason I am hoping that Brakio does make his editor into an iOS app is because there are many of us (whether new like me or nor not) into making music with iPad, and conversely iPhone. Having an Electribe Sampler App for iPad is just way more convenient. With the pro apps that support audiocopy and audioshare you can create your own sample or sound in (for example) Gadget then port that over to the Electribe App and thus keep adding sounds that way (on your leisure) until you build up a bank and then that bank gets exported out to a sample.all file through dropbox and your done!. The only purpose for your PC is to move that file to the SD card of your Electribe sampler.

More over when Korg figures out how to get the usb connection to read as a drive then you won't even need a computer. you just go straight from iPad to Electribe Sampler!

To me Brakio's software made into an IOS App is worth the $10.
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
Brakio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, thank you for your comments.

Just to inform you: I just released a bug fix version (0.1.1); as usual check https://github.com/JonathanTaquet/Oe2sSLE/releases.

Also, I'm currently working on another project: a pattern editor with midi communication to the electribe. But this project takes some time as it is the first time I'm working with midi.
I think we may wait a lot before I will be able to publish a first release...

I will continue to use python but I think I will use QT (or kivy depending on which one will be the more easy to use) so that it will be more simple to make an android or iOS version. Then I'll will probably integrate sample management to that application....

Regarding Oe2sSLE application, I'll will continue to maintain it with bug fixes, but I do not think I will develop new features or take time to port it on android or iOS (at least not before I will have made the other software).
_INTER_

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Kivy lends itself well for iOS or Android music apps.
(Though I only use desktop applications, so I'm not urging you to proceed with creating a phone/tablet app at all)
Steeplemouth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brakio wrote:
Hi all, thank you for your comments.

Just to inform you: I just released a bug fix version (0.1.1); as usual check https://github.com/JonathanTaquet/Oe2sSLE/releases.

Also, I'm currently working on another project: a pattern editor with midi communication to the electribe.

Legend! Somebody buy this man a beer.

Thanks a lot Brakio, you're doing the electribe community a great service.
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brakio wrote:

Also, I'm currently working on another project: a pattern editor with midi communication to the electribe. But this project takes some time as it is the first time I'm working with midi.
I think we may wait a lot before I will be able to publish a first release...

I think we are all so happy to read that you will be tackling the pattern editor.

I highly recommend going over Xanadu's work on the similar project he did for the E2.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=95368&highlight=

All of his notes file requests from users and the final version of his project are included. It was a massive undertaking but he produced a very awesome pattern editor that did it all; patterns, parts, knob settings...all of it. He only focused on editing the all pattern file. I loved this system.

Unfortunately as Korg updated the Electribe he couldn't keep up with Korg. I am not sure if his software will work on the latest updates (pattern chaining) and he had no interest in making a pattern editor for the Electribe Sampler. Reach out to him...maybe he can help you.

Also, I suggest that like what Xanadu did and what you have done with the sampler editor, focus on only .es2allpat file editor FIRST...and put the midi communication to the electribe aside until you're nailed down the editor. It is critical that you nail down the creation of awesome pattern editor which includes parameter settings, and part management that will spit out the .es2allpat or .es2pat files that work with the electribe sampler. Also since it sounds like midi communication could add to the time it takes for you to complete the first pattern / part editor.
I wouldn't even consider midi communication to the electribe until you have the pattern editor and the sample editor working together as one complete software.

Honestly, one of the coolest features of the Electribe sampler is to simply move these types of files from computer to tribe with the SD. I know there are users who'd see midi and tribe communication as a boon, but lets stick to perfecting the simple parts first.

Brakio wrote:

I will continue to use python but I think I will use QT (or kivy depending on which one will be the more easy to use) so that it will be more simple to make an android or iOS version. Then I'll will probably integrate sample management to that application....

Good to read that you are into making an iOS app version. Yes integrating pattern editor with sample management and editor is a must.

Thanks for all of you hard work and time on this.
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: