Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M1 VST as a standalone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlCo71

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:19 pm    Post subject: M1 VST as a standalone Reply with quote

I'm certain I'm not the first to post this question. However, I've searched this forum (and others), but I haven't found this question posted anywhere. My apologies if this has been asked before.

I've installed the M1 VST software on my Win 7, 64-bit PC. I can open it as an instrument track in ProTools (10.3.x). I can control it using my Roland Fantom G keyboard (again, within ProTools). All good. No problems there.

However, if I launch the M1 software outside of ProTools (as a standalone), I can't control it with my Roland keyboard. I can click on the M1 keyboard with my computer's mouse and I can hear the notes/sounds. I just can't get my keyboard to interact with it as a standalone. I've gone through all the possible settings in the M1 software (drivers, clock, devices, etc...), but to no avail. I'm running all audio through my Midas Venice F24 firewire mixer, and I'm using an M-audio 4x4 MidiSport MIDI interface.

I plan on using this as a standalone, with a dedicated MIDI keyboard controller. But, before I go and purchase a MIDI controller, I want to make sure this works. Any ideas out there?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions you may have.

Regards,

AC
rock machine

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay Alc, hope this helps you: At the top left of the GUI, you will see System. Left click to get the drop down where you will see Preferences. Click on that and now you will see a window with MIDI settings, where you can have up top 3 MIDI inputs. As long as your system has a MIDI or USB controller loaded, the drop downs should list all of them available.
AlCo71

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rock machine wrote:
Okay Alc, hope this helps you: At the top left of the GUI, you will see System. Left click to get the drop down where you will see Preferences. Click on that and now you will see a window with MIDI settings, where you can have up top 3 MIDI inputs. As long as your system has a MIDI or USB controller loaded, the drop downs should list all of them available.

Hi, Rock. I already tried setting my inputs. I can select my MIDISport 4x4 for all 3 MIDI inputs. I tried setting all 3 inputs, and I tried setting just 1 input. No luck. This allows me to use the M1 software as a plug-in in ProTools. I also tried setting the clock as well as leaving the clock source "blank".

I appreciate you taking the time to provide me with some guidance. Any additional info you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

Regards,

A
rock machine

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Probs A. Okay, that sounds like a weird issue then. The only thing that comes to mind off the top of my head is that you can't have any other sound software running at the same time, such as your Pro Tools, unless you have some kind of control-usually in the audio preferences menus-over the whether something like Pro Tools gives up its control over audio when another sound things, such as your M1 is open. In Reason, it's a box you can check called Play in Background.
AlCo71

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Rock. When I'm experiencing this problem, I don't have any other program open. I noticed that Korg also has a "Play in Background" box in their settings that is checked by default. I haven't messed with this setting.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to help me out. Much appreciated!

Regards,

A
AlCo71

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? Nobody else has experienced this issue? If anybody has any information that could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. I've tried changing the Driver type (ASIO, Direct Sound, MME), the Driver, and MIDI settings. I can tell by the flickering LED on my MIDISport 4x4 that my keyboard key presses are reaching it. I can't explain why the key presses are not making it from the MIDISport to my computer/the M1 standalone.

Regards,

A
AlCo71

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

I uninstalled the 64-bit version and instead tried the 32-bit version. Same results. I, then, got my hands on a Yamaha keyboard (S30), and it worked! I can now use the M1 plug-in as a stand-alone while I have the Yamaha keyboard connected via MIDI, but not the Roland (Fantom G6). Hmm...

That's as far as I got. I haven't had a chance to make certain that I can still use the plug-in in ProTools with the Yamaha keyboard. I had no issues using the plug-in in ProTools with the Roland keyboard. Once I know, I will post my findings.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what may be going on here?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Regards,

A
zaphod77

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Roland keyboard is NOT class compliant, tu has usb.

the yamaha only does midi and serial.

Was the roland hooked up with usb? If so did it pop up an error when you tried to select the device??

If so, that's often a symptom of not having the proper USB MIDI driver.

If not, then most likely it was sending on the wrong midi channel.
Solderball

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:40 pm    Post subject: Korg Legacy Collecton Reply with quote

Make sure that your Global Midi Channel selected in the "Global" page matches that of the controller keyboard.

I am having an issue where I cannot control M1 parameters (Resonance, cutoff, attack, decay sustain, release) from a Yamaha Motif XF using the cc knobs. This same setup works perfectly in the Polysix model, however! Notes, Pitch bend and MW work fine. Midox indicates I am sending CC messages properly. No messages are filtered.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: