Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I can not boot Korg pa4x instrument: hard reset is it exist?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hewad wrote:
korg1 wrote:
Have you tried the diagnostic test mode ?
.. Yes it fails by bank 2.
The problem began after i worked on a set, i renamed some multi samples and loaded more samples to the set, the max size of samples was reached (15000).

How and with what tool/menue did you rename multisamples?

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Hewad

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How and with what tool/menue did you rename multisamples?

In keyboard, sound ,record , multisample.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hewad wrote:
the only thing that left is, to format the [KORG DISK] maybe that is the problem for freezing the keyboard while booting.
with (OSv2.0 for Pa4x) is that not posible.

As spoken by musicankill , if full resources OS v2 can't recover your Pa4X , then problem is deeper and not concerning only internal flash memory.
You are running under the worst scenario of corrupted Bios that can't be recovered under any service center and they will only replace your Pa4X
motherboard , so visit official Korg service center !
Next time bear in mind that loading garbage from net , can again lead you to the same unrecoverable results.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:44 pm    Post subject: pa4x freezing Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
.. the worst scenario of corrupted Bios that can't be recovered ...

How and by what process can you imagine that loading or manipulating data can damage data in the BIOS?

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hewad wrote:
korg1 wrote:
Have you tried the diagnostic test mode ?

Yes it fails by bank 2.
The problem began after i worked on a set, i renamed some multi samples and loaded more samples to the set, the max size of samples was reached (15000).

It fails on bank 2? You mean TGL Ram Bank 2?
Can you post (or pm me) a picture of the issue?
Also , is your 4x upd or pkg?

Also , there is no bios in these keyboards.
The cpu has either no programmable bootloader memory or an OTP (one time programmable) bootloader so it can't get corrupted.If it had somehow got corrupted (which is impossible as you can at most write it only one time and this has been done during the manufacturing process at the factory), the keyboard wouldn't boot at all (black screen).
If it fails on TGL Ram Bank 2 then it seems the cpu board has a hardware fault and this must be irrelevant to whatever got loaded into it except if there is a huge bug in the kernel which hangs the cpu with 100% utilization and so it got overheated.Still it would have to remain in this hanged state for a long period of time (more than 20-30 minutes which i believe nobody would leave a not responding keyboard at that state) for heat to build up to that stage if that can even be possible..

So lets clarify what is the exact error it gives so we can see what the next step could be.

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
Hewad

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

musiccankill wrote:
Quote:
huge bug in the kernel which hangs the cpu with 100% utilization and so it got overheated.Still it would have to remain in this hanged state for a long period of time (more than 20-30 minutes which i believe nobody would leave a not responding keyboard at that state) for heat to build up to that stage if that can even be possible

i think you are absolutely right. the first time it took about 7-10 min to start and then was everything normall and the secound time just freezing for ever, i also tried more than 2 hourse, it has a timeout i think after 2 hours will be automatic off.

picture: https://ibb.co/FxypzKt
SampleRam Testing: bank 0 is ok, bank 1 is ok and bank 2 is very short and then appears failed.
hamta

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:26 am    Post subject: factory reset file for both "pa4x" and "pa4x Reply with quote

Paolo@Korg wrote:
Arsalan, if the reset file I sent you didn't work, I fear there is something else. May you please contact the shop, or a service center?

Paolo

hello Paolo:
My private message is not active, so I sent you a message here
I installed OS Version: 3.1.0 in my pa4x .
and now the keyboard stays in the Craig logo and doesn't boot. The new OS will not be installed either.
So I urgently need a factory reset file.
My other friends have the same problem with the "pa4x oriental" version keyboard. So please send me a factory reset file for both "pa4x .pkg file " and "pa4x oriental .upd file" versions.
Thank you very much
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: factory reset file for both "pa4x" and " Reply with quote

hamta wrote:
.. factory reset file. same problem with the "pa4x oriental" version keyboard. So please send me a factory reset file for both "pa4x .pkg file " and "pa4x oriental .upd file" versions ..

Downloads -
Pa4x: https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/0/516/
Pa4xOriental: https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/0/572/

karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi hamta

Your quote from Korg does not seem to be relevant to this topic.

The above links from siebenhirter are for the complete OS installations.

I recommend that you install V2 first, then go to V3.

Did you follow all the instructions as per the update guide? Clearing all user samples first etc?
If you did this correctly and the keyboard freezes on start up you should get Korg service to check it out.

Let us know if you need help.

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
hamta

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: factory reset file for both "pa4x" and " Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
hamta wrote:
.. factory reset file. same problem with the "pa4x oriental" version keyboard. So please send me a factory reset file for both "pa4x .pkg file " and "pa4x oriental .upd file" versions ..

Downloads -
Pa4x: https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/0/516/
Pa4xOriental: https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/0/572/

thanks . but i need reset factory file
hamta

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Hi hamta

Did you follow all the instructions as per the update guide? Clearing all user samples first etc?
If you did this correctly and the keyboard freezes on start up you should get Korg service to check it out.

Let us know if you need help.

Pete Very Happy

I updated several times in versions 2 and 2.2 and there was no problem. But I encountered this problem in version 3. Now, after turning it on, the keyboard goes directly to the update and freezes on the korg logo, and it doesn't allow you to pour a new OS except the factory reset file.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hamta wrote:
......and it doesn't allow you to pour a new OS except the factory reset file.

What "factory reset file"???

Are you saying that you cannot re-install the OS at all now?

Just trying to understand this

Pete Very Happy
hamta

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
hamta wrote:
......and it doesn't allow you to pour a new OS except the factory reset file.

What "factory reset file"???

Are you saying that you cannot re-install the OS at all now?

Just trying to understand this

Pete Very Happy

this is factory reset for "Korg Pa4X OR MG2"
https://www.musicgear.me/pa4x-mg2/
volume is 2.6GB

Pa-Series – Factory Reset
Introduction
The procedure described in this document allows you to install the Operating System and the original Factory data in the instrument’s internal memory, by loading the Factory Reset files from an USB storage device. This operation is only due when the instrument appears ‘frozen’, due to memory corruption or loading of incompatible data.

dealers.korgusa.com/svcfiles/pa_files/PA1000/Pa_SeriesFactoryResetManual.pdf
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah! Thanks - I am afraid I know absolutely nothing about this file nor where to download it.

Sorry - can't help.

Pete Very Happy
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:39 pm    Post subject: Full Package OSv2.0 Pa4x Reply with quote

hamta wrote:
.. factory reset for "Korg Pa4X OR MG2" ..

From www.korg.com for Pa4x and Pa4x Oriental each package OS v2.0 is a "Full version" (Complete Package). That are "Complete Packages" made for factory reset, wheras OS v3.1 is a "Minimal Package" for OS-release update only (but be shure instrument already includes OS v2.x.x before installing OSv3.1).

There are also Complete packages for PA4X MG2 from www.musicgear.me with a full version splitted to six downloads (for slow connection) or same version (2,5GB) for fast connection.
If you made a Factory Reset to v2.0 and before you want to update OS for v3.1 it is necessary to clean the User Sample memory as failing to do so will prevent the new system from loading.

After loading the new OS 3.1 execute a Factory Restore (Media > Utility > Factory Restore command) to update the musical resources - that is why musical resources are loaded with the operating system, but must be updated using this command.
After you did so install the updated musical resources (if you had some), reload the Add-On data (if you have an Add-On installed), reload your custom data (Media > Load) and in case of separate user resources you want to mix your own User data and the original content, You are free to load single banks or resources from file Pa4X NEXT Musical Resources.SET as described in manual Pa4X NEW FEATURES OS VERSION 3.1.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: