Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Poll - Do you use Auto fill or you want FILL TO VAR back?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you using Auto Fill on Pa3x/Pa4x or do you want FILL TO VAR back on Pa4x ???
Yes , I'm using Auto Fill now and used before,I like it
15%
 15%  [ 6 ]
No, I'm using fills manually , Auto fill is not good function
18%
 18%  [ 7 ]
I miss a lot "fill to var "options from previous Korg models, I want it back on Pa4x
57%
 57%  [ 22 ]
What is Auto fill and fill to var ???
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 38

Vex

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:21 pm    Post subject: Poll - Do you use Auto fill or you want FILL TO VAR back? Reply with quote

Let's see how many of you is using Auto Fill option on Korg Pa4x or you miss Fill to var options.

Please vote if you used/USING Auto fill on Pa3x to.

My opinion is that "Auto fill " is useless function, only trouble on live gig, and that Korg should bring " Fill to Var" options back, that has more purpose than Auto fill.

What you guys think?
pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am for bringing back fill mode. Good solution would be have Fill mode as an additional alternative for smart fill.
zoric

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 from me!!!!the most important option for the live performance!
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Poll - Do you use Auto fill or you want FILL TO VAR back Reply with quote

Vex wrote:
My opinion is that "Auto fill " is useless function, only trouble on live gig, and that Korg should bring " Fill to Var" options back, that has more purpose than Auto fill

This kind of poll seems to be no good idea, because there are more than four possibilities to decide.

It only seems to be important not to reduce functions we already had in previous models, because that would be steps backward.
My decision is not to select one of that features while at the same time should give up others - including the flexibility suffers equally!
I want to use AutoFill, Fill-Mode and Smart-Fill etc - all of them are suitable to be used flexible.

Maybe is ones opinion that "Auto fill " maybe useless because having troubles on live gig. I do not want to participate in such voting generally, as I never had troubles with "AutoFill" and maybe I do not use it in some situations - but never it would be described as "no good function".

Use of features is situational - but no competition between various counterparties, as that leads into a one-way without flexibility.

My desire is to reimplement "FillMode" in recent Pa4x/Pa900 etc with an update, as we are used to from Pa3X with all its Fill-to-Var parameters - nothing else and in particular without devaluation of auto-fill.

It's just a matter of how to set up features conveniently to suit for ones playing needs - these keyboards are flexible and configurable and i do not want to miss one of its precious features in recent line.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Vex

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auto Fill is already there, but Fill to Var is rejected... I'm just trying to make a point that "Fill to var" options are more important than Auto fill. But, of course let it be a choice for both auto fill and fill to var like that was on pa3x and let users decide how and what to use.... An Of course it is impossible and irrelevant to add many vote options... So, I hope that you got my point here. Wink
newkorgguy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss a lot "fill to var "options from previous Korg models, I want it back on Pa4x!!!
zoric

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see what will Korg do about this matter....!!!
Minneapolis Musician

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless I am doing it wrong, I do find that using say, fill 3 while playing in variation 1, does not always sound correct.

PA4x harmonies, Beach Boys song: https://youtu.be/3drsnU6j8Po?t=3m25s

All songs: http://www.reverbnation.com/GlennGalen
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss many things on 4 X and thats why i do not order any.
So if KORG takes this seriously YES, I can consider to BUY!

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering (looking at the votes today) how many of the "16" who voted for "I miss a lot "fill to var "options from previous Korg models, I want it back on Pa4x" actually own a PA4X and if they have actually tried Paolo's suggestions and the alternatives.

....I said, just wondering....

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Salto

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete,

I cannot speak on what the Pa3X did versus the Pa4X.

I do own a Pa4X and have used it the way Paolo describes since I got it naturally....It goes to the variation I need.

I set it fill to target variation, so my song progresses forward...I DO NOT USE SMART FILL

When I want a different fill, I simply hit the fill and then the variation I want it to resolve to in the same motion, my hand leaves the keyboard once....

It goes where I need it to and the fill I request.....

It hasn't bothered me 1 bit.....

www.stevealtonian.com

Korg PA 4X 76-Korg Triton Extreme-Breedlove American C25-Fishman Artist Acoustic Guitar Amp-Tascam DP 24 Digital Multitrack
Vex

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Just wondering (looking at the votes today) how many of the "16" who voted for "I miss a lot "fill to var "options from previous Korg models, I want it back on Pa4x" actually own a PA4X and if they have actually tried Paolo's suggestions and the alternatives.

....I said, just wondering....

Pete Very Happy

Pete, please, if you can not help, don't make things worse.

I claim that people who are not used "fill to var " on previous Korg models ( and other advanced stuff that I'm talking about on this forum) are Korg newbie or other target people who play arranger keyboard @ home for fun ,and they don't care at all about advanced options.

So, according to your posts,and some others- some of us,advanced arranger users should not write here on this forum?
I can not understand that some people make jokes from some serious posts. ( Or what I have red looks like joke to me...I wrote one thing,and get answer " Have you read the manual"? Maybe I should wrote :" I haven't" ? so story can end??? ) I don't get it.

How strange times are now... If you start topic harder than " My keyboard can not power on" ,other people look at you like fallen from Mars.

Korg really should have official forum ,and some real tech support ,so some advanced users could find proper answers and help... On the other side, here, you can post about keyboards for fun and everyone will be happy.
newkorgguy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vex wrote:
So, according to your posts,and some others- some of us,advanced arranger users should not write here on this forum?

Vex, bud, gotta learn to ignore him in same cases, i could quote at least 100 of his posts with similar purpose -of doing nothing - but not helping community members to try to get what they wish from Korg, at least from our(this) unofficial forum.

"....I said, just wondering.... "

karmathanever wrote:
Just wondering (looking at the votes today) how many of the "16" who voted

I bet 15 of them just Google-d , Korg and randomly selected that vote, just because it looks that we miss something? (perhaps)

Neighbor here, very good, helpful, old musician, have Tyros 2, 5, Pa1x, Pa4, and so many workstations, trust me, he never noticed/found no bugs or anything wrong with those machines ever - its simple, he select style, piano/organ, sometimes some string , press start/stop depending on situation - some will have to read this comment about neighbor twice to understand, some ( i bet most )already know what im taking about because they are in same boat.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vex wrote:
Korg really should have official forum .

Not so easy.

Right now it takes 7 of us to keep this forum online. 5 of which manage the forum, as in deleting spam, putting filters in place to keep the forum clean of robots posting spam, not to mention the fact we moderate threads so people don't argue with each other. 2 other people then do nightly backups at 12 am every single night without fail, and fix and maintain all issues with the server and databases as well as various other things like paying the cost of the server running, right down to the temperature of the room it's sitting in since we don't use a Web Host.

All while trying to push an agenda of "Community Spirit" and getting people to help each other because there's so many questions asked daily that need to be answered.

On top of that, you and everyone else also share in the workload by helping others with their questions whether you know it or not because that's how our "Community" works.

We need everyone playing their part, including you.

And.... all this takes place for $$$ "Free" so everyone can benefit from it. It's actually quite a complex and amazing machine we have built here and everyone is responsible for, especially advanced users like you.

KORG would be nuts to have their own forum. It's already a monster to manage a free community let a lone an official one where people would start demanding things.

Quote:
,and some real tech support ,so some advanced users could find proper answers and help

KORG employ a team of people to answer all Tech Support emails.

This forum also serves as a place for advanced users to ask any question they like. But the community can only do so much. It can never replace KORG's official support.

Long story short, this is our forum, our community. Every single one of us are responsible for all this working as we all work together. This is something an official forum could never be, so let be happy with what we have got and do what we can to keep on improving it.

Regards
Sharp.

Last edited by Sharp on Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total
newkorgguy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
This is something an official forum could never be, so let be happy with what we have got and do what we can to keep on improving it.

Sharp for President!
We for sure are lacking on supporting each others in some cases, if some of us dont need such/proposed feature , we can at least support our colleagues , just an example!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: