Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DS-DAC-100m on OSX El Capitan

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dumbledad

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:45 pm    Post subject: DS-DAC-100m on OSX El Capitan Reply with quote

I have been on El Capitan for a while, and today I brought a Korg DS-DAC-100m. After installing the Korg driver my Mac (and my son's Mac) crash every time we plug in the DAC.

There's a Korg news article pointing out the incompatibility, but that's from the beginning of October. Given that we'd swapped to El Capitan three months before buying the Korg DAC we cannot wait before upgrading to OSX 11 (as the article advises)

How do we find the timescale for this? When is the driver for El Capitan going to be released?
ricotti

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Exactly in the same situation. I've got a brad new iMac, and a new DAC 100 I can't use. I bought it two months ago : are Korg people serious ? How can they sell a product that we can't use ? When I read their article from October, I thought I thought I would be OK after a few days. Now it's a few months... Incredible !!! I can understand that Capitan has a complicated sound architecture, but it should have been written on every seller's pages ! Mad
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apple has a habit of throwing 3rd party manufacturers under the bus with every new update. I get notifications from Native Instruments about every OSX version telling me to wait. El Capitan especially was a big issue. I have no doubt that this will be fixed and as you noted, Korg did publish the warning, but I'm sorry you're in this situation.
cloggy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:15 pm    Post subject: ds-dac-100(m) and El Capitan Reply with quote

@SanderXpander, you cannot blame Apple for this extreme lack of effort on Korg's side. Apple releases multiple beta versions of their operating system, well before final release. Korg could have taken the effort to test/adapt/release a compatible version of the driver, especially by now going to almost 6 months after release.

Instead they preferred to focus on the release of the new DS-DAC-10R, which looks to be compatible with El Capitan, leaving their existing customer base with an obsolete/unusable ds-dac-100(m).

For me it is once and never again a Korg product, and consider the purchase of the ds-dac-100m a lot of money wasted. Almost worthy of a class-action.
sosad2046

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

f*ck, I just buy the DS-DAC-100 and using Mac. I cannot believe a company don't resolve the issue after the new OS released about a half year, but still selling the product on webshop. What the hell!?
dumbledad

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:31 pm    Post subject: RE: DS-DAC-100m on OSX El Capitan Reply with quote

The beta driver is out: http://www.korg.com/us/news/2016/032202/
sosad2046

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: DS-DAC-100m on OSX El Capitan Reply with quote

dumbledad wrote:
The beta driver is out: http://www.korg.com/us/news/2016/032202/

Oh thankyou!
I'm so lucky because the driver released after I bought it a few days.
I hope KORG should update the driver quickly next time. Nobody want to suspend the new OS update about a half year only for the DAC. People must abandon your products.
Kel101

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:53 am    Post subject: Av lag Reply with quote

Hi guys. I just got the 100m and installed the beta driver and there is a noticeable lag when watching video with the audio being a bit ahead. Does anyone else have this issue? I have an imac with an i7 and 16gb of ram so the hardware shouldn't be an issue. If there's no solution I'll have to return the device.
sosad2046

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a problem about this DAC recently.
I play YouTube video on Firefox, obviously you can see the video & audio is not sync...
But got no problem on Safari.
Also, I play DVD on Mac default DVD player/VLC, video & audio is not sync too.

That's so bad, please fix. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mac Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: