Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Factory styles Pa4x can be loaded and played on Pa3x?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
byme88

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:17 pm    Post subject: Factory styles Pa4x can be loaded and played on Pa3x? Reply with quote

Does anyone know if the Factory styles Pa4x can be loaded and played on Pa3x?

If yes how we can proceed?

Thanks,
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Factory styles Pa4x can be loaded and played on Pa3x? Reply with quote

byme88 wrote:
Does anyone know if the Factory styles Pa4x can be loaded and played on Pa3x?

If yes how we can proceed?

Thanks,

I think the only way to do would be to open the PA4X style on the PA4X style editor and export the style as a midi. Then import that midi into the PA3X styles editor.

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
byme88

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion. Does this apply also to the styles that converted from "MIDI to Styles" on the Pa4x too?
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

byme88 wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion. Does this apply also to the styles that converted from "MIDI to Styles" on the Pa4x too?

Yes.

Johann Sebastian Bach

Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
byme88

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, Thanks so much....
I will need to look for a Style Editor Software and try it out!
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the styles released by Korg (#24 I think) for the PA4X will NOT play in the 3X. I accidentally tried to load them and got error message "not a usable style".
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Styles in Korg Pa4x holding more store info, that Pa3x.
They have more effects setting, memorizing chord progressing etc.
Just guessing not sure.
That required rebuild structure of style, we all knew this was coming, always been with new generation of arrangers Smile
Thoraldus gave us the best , free & fastest solution Wink
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

byme88 wrote:
OK, Thanks so much....
I will need to look for a Style Editor Software and try it out!

You should use the built-in Style editors in the PA4X & PA3X

Johann Sebastian Bach

AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:25 am    Post subject: Re: Factory styles Pa4x can be loaded and played on Pa3x? Reply with quote

Thoraldus wrote:
I think the only way to do would be to open the PA4X style on the PA4X style editor and export the style as a midi. Then import that midi into the PA3X styles editor.
Well , not so easy as it looks like , since factory styles do not necessarily use Standard Midi Library architecture , more analytical !

- Every Pa has it's own library , different sounds in different positions and frequently DKs with different mapping than standard midi.
- SMF0 use root C as a record key , so if a style track is recorded on other key than C (as ought to be for more native transposition
of each instrument) , then the resulting after SMF importing will be more like "bad news" !
- Guitar mode might have different positions and octave in automation events (like Guitar Modes 1 & 2)
- You have to export as single SMF every single Var/intro/fill/Ending/Brake multiplied with every CV1-6/CV1-2 that are
active in a complex style (maybe more than 20 SMF per Style) !
- You need both Pa3X & Pa4X for trial & error test in Pa3X style editor after importing every single SMF.

Just some of issues I had faced when I did the same for some of my Pa3X commercial styles transfered to Pa2X

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V

Last edited by AntonySharmman on Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:34 am    Post subject: Re: Factory styles Pa4x can be loaded and played on Pa3x? Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
Thoraldus wrote:
Well , not so easy as it looks like , since factory styles do not use necessary Standard Midi Library architecture , more analytical !

- Every Pa has it's own library , different sounds in different positions and frequently DKs with different mapping than standard midi.
- SMF0 use root C as a record key , so if a style track is recorded on other key than C (as ought to be for more native transposition
of each instrument) , then the resulting after SMF importing will be more like "bad news" !
- Guitar mode might have different positions and octave in automation events (like Guitar Modes 1 & 2)
- You have to export as single SMF every single Var/intro/fill/Ending/Brake multiplied with every CV1-6/CV1-2 that are
active in a complex style !
- You need both Pa3X & Pa4X for trial & error test in Pa3X style editor after importing every single SMF.

Just some of issues I had faced when I did the same for some of my Pa3X commercial styles transfered to Pa2X

Pretty sure you do not have to export style elements separately. Use SHIFT-EXECUTE to export all style elements at once to a single SMF with markers .

re: Differences in libraries between the two keyboards, that goes without saying. Wink

The PA3X and PA4X both use Guitar Mode 2

Johann Sebastian Bach

AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: Factory styles Pa4x can be loaded and played on Pa3x? Reply with quote

Thoraldus wrote:
export all style elements at once to a single SMF with markers

Be sure that it was my first step in that time ! Try it between Pa3X & Pa2X to see what I mean Wink , (since I do not own yet a Pa4X) !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is about pa4x to pa3x. Wink

Johann Sebastian Bach

AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No reason to point me the obvious , I just shared my experience with equivalent backwards style conversion for anyone
that might need it when trying this !

Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
No reason to point me the obvious , I just shared my experience with equivalent backwards style conversion for anyone
that might need it when trying this !

I think that just added confusion to the thread as discussion of the the PA2x and earlier keyboards would not be on topic. IMHO Wink

Johann Sebastian Bach

Vex

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Factory styles Pa4x can be loaded and played on Pa3x? Reply with quote

Thoraldus wrote:

Pretty sure you do not have to export style elements separately. Use SHIFT-EXECUTE to export all style elements at once to a single SMF with markers .

This function is presented in Pa800/2x OS 2.0 and later, so , this is working on Pa2x,too ( Shift+Execute) - just for the record Smile . Been there,done that Smile

And about converting styles Pa4 to Pa3x, it could be done by the same way (export SMF), but complete style setup must be done manually - complete mix,effects,track edit, choosing DK and sounds. Although, this is so normal,because midi can not save in there Korg's style setup Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: