Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MP3 Recording

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject: MP3 Recording Reply with quote

Has anyone else noticed when recording a MP3 that on playback the track sounds like it's underwater and has a bubbling effect and drop outs, the first couple of recordings I did sounded fine but now every take is like this.
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this has been mentioned before

Can't remember who it was (or was it by you?)

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I thought I had read somewhere about this but thought the poster was talking about insert effects and this type of problem. Korg must have tested this recording function and if there is a problem companies like Zoom can make low cost recorders which work and on a three grand product this should work without problem.
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the link to other related subject:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=101764&highlight=underwater
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it sound like that on other devices too? Say if you played it back on a computer/ipod..etc?

mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more experimentation today, When I first started mp3 recording I was able to say lay a Piano Track down, then overdub via Sound Mode to build up a number of tracks. When I returned to do some more I then found this odd effect was there.

Now if I use the sequencer to lay a Piano Track down and then record that into the mp3 recorder then over dub its fine, same if I use a style, then record a mp3 track with styles, then record that on mp3 and then overdub its fine.

Cant get my head around exactly how this happens but is anyone else finding this ???? Could it be latency with the Hard drive ? In fact does anyone know what make of drive is fitted to the Pa4x 76 and what model it is so we can check the specs. For the retail price of the Pa4x I cant understand why Korg did not install a SSD
Paolo@Korg
Korg Italy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mintjamman,

May you please record an example, and let us listen to it?

Paolo
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent PM Paolo
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While we are investigating the MP3 recording problem I have with my Pa4x can one or two of you who have the product try a quick test and report back your findings. The object of this is to either narrow down this issue or widen it dependent of feedback.

Try recording just a Short Piano piece with your Pa4x in Style mode, select say Concert Grand with no key split and add some Reverb, now record a short piece about 18 bars using the MP3 recording feature saving it to internal disk.
Now remove the reverb effect and repeat recording the same piece.

Now go to song mode and load up both players with each track, play back each one and see if you notice anything odd.
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well ! Thought someone might have been either curious or concerned to see if their own Pa4x exibits this issue but I am guessing your all having so much fun playing the Pa4x
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I leave mine at the venue where i play Tuesdays through Saturdays. I go in a little early sometimes and make some edits to styles and setup, but really no time to experiment.
I use an external recorder directly from my mixer to record my performances so have not even tried the built-in recorder yet.
DonM
Vex

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have already wrote about mp3 tracks time length issue in Log topic. That's I have been noticed.
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This I think harps back to the mp3 issues and hardrive wake up does it not ??

This issue is about unwanted issues when playing back recored mp3 tracks made on the Pa4x and nothing to do with start and end times.

So has anyone tried this experiment and if so what are your findings ????
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: