Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why has the save/write glitch not been fixed yet?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaxStatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:36 pm    Post subject: Why has the save/write glitch not been fixed yet? Reply with quote

Seriously, the write glitch is epically annoying and while it has gotten better on the last few firmware, seeming on the last update it even got a hair worse. I find it so annoying that I honestly put the box down and stop playing with it. Given the short pattern length and no song mode, seemless write is the only way to juggle between different patterns while performing. Every time it jacks it up.

Is the E2 already abadonware?
musicmagus
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try saving with the record button on. Someone recently posted this, and I tried it last night and it definitely smoothed things out (mostly).
I am on the original 1.05 OS on the E2s.
sauce
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, they're not fixing anything. I'll be stoked if I'm wrong, but also extremely surprised.
sauce
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the repeats.

Last edited by sauce on Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
sauce
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..my internet was terrible earlier, lol.

Last edited by sauce on Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
IncredibleTendril

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try clocking your Electribe with an external source. Then press write while in record mode. It works for me basically 100%. There may be a millisecond gap but it's entirely unnoticeable to me. Again, it may be the fact that I'm clocking it with my RC-300 looper.

I'm on the previous OS update (not the most recent one).
MaxStatic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole point of something like the e2 is that it can be a standalone performance device...bringing along other gear to clock it from so it doesn't fart out in between patches or saves isn't exactly an acceptable trade off.

Between this and Roland's JD-Xi not being able to save while a pattern is running...I just don't know what developers are thinking now a days.

While I've made some cool loops with the e2, it's shortcomings are starting to get to me. This glitch really kills it as a performance peice to me as there is no other way to introduce variety and keep it there for when you shuffle back from additional patterns. At least not without killing the groove.

I think I'm abadoning ship, like Korg seems to have done. Once it sells I'm 1/3 the way to an A4...
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that Korg views saving as an administrative function, not a performance function - so the fact that hitting Save glitches playback was not important to them.

You also can't update the OS while playing seamless patterns. Another administrative function.

Now, if the electribe community decides that seamless playback while saving patterns is important, performance-critical, and not administrative, then yes, we've invented a problem.

Maybe Korg will solve it, maybe not. Maybe there are many thousands of satisfied customers, and a few squeaky wheels.

Frankly the lack of filter keyboard tracking and the lack of a shift function for effects is a far bigger drawback than a few milliseconds of glitch when hitting save.

Solution? Don't hit save when you're on the mainstage of the mega-festival you're headlining. Why would you make destructive changes to a pattern in a performance, instead of planning out the patterns beforehand?
IncredibleTendril

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of us like to build whole patterns LIVE, as opposed to having everything be pre-sequenced. It's more "legit" that way. Some of us write SONGS with lyrics... some of us think it's less cool(more boring) to simply turn a few knobs on stage. I'm thinking of selling my E2 as well (song mode would change my mind). I want to sequence only the drums and record everything else live:(
musicmagus
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No external sync, Record button lit... Hit save..
Does it smooth over the glitch for you?
Tarekith
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just did this, and with Rec lit up, there's no glitch at all. Without it, I still occasionally get the glitch.
IncredibleTendril

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! I accidentally stumbled upon this gem of a workaround. The groovebox spirits are smiling upon us today Wink

Enjoy it, and make the most of it.
MaxStatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running off internal clock, nothing but line out plugged in. Still stutters and putters rediculiously.

And the reason why I would want to save is it's the same workflow I used on the other electribes as well as other sequencers. I make three or four patterns and scroll between them to introduce change since there is no song mode. As I go in between, I will slowly build in more motion control or filter elements, I will save those as I go so when I go back to it, it's where I left off. This is utterly pointless if when I hit the save button the flow gets totally bonked out. This is how I would use it live and clearly that's not going to work.

I have a buyer coming by for it tomorrow, I'm done with the e2 and going back to EMX-1 and RYTM for this sort of thing. It appears Korg has redeemed itself with the Minilogue but the e2 is a bomb. Pitty, there are some really good tones in it but it is too stricken with performance wrecking qwerks.
1_inch_punch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

talking from the ES2 -

it *was* working better using the record button on...

woohoo!

so flushed with that success i ploughed on and

glitch...

glitch...

glitch...

Using the internal sequencer only - but from my experience it's far from fixed.
sauce
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaxStatic wrote:
going back to EMX-1 and RYTM for this sort of thing.

I should say so.. That's a pretty formidable pair.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: