Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sync problems Kaossilator/ Volca Sample

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Valieman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject: Sync problems Kaossilator/ Volca Sample Reply with quote

Hi everybody.

I have a question. I want to hook up several devices with midi, to let them simultaniously play in sync. But i cant find the right settings to do so.

My setup:

1) Kaoss Pad. I use this device first in the chain. Midi clock on "internal". Midi out cable to midi in of:
2) Kaossilator. 2nd device. Midi clock on "automatic". Midi out cable to midi in of:
3) Volca Sample. 3rd device. Midi clock on "automatic".

After the Volca Sample i use a 2nd Volca Sample and after that a Volca Bass (sync with the Korg stereo mini-jack cables) but that's ok for now.

My problem: when i change tempo settings on the Kaoss Pad the Kaossilator takes over the new settings, but the Volca's keep running on the original tempo (so there is a miscommunication between the Kaossilator and the 1st Volca). Do i need to change settings in the Kaossilator? Or do i need to change something in the 1st Volca? Been reading a lot of manuals and tutorials but i can't fix this.....

Looking forward to your reaction.
Cheers! Valieman
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midi out and midi thru are two different things.
You want midi out to hit your volcas ,from KP. For this the KO would need a thru to pass the midi input signal (the KP) onto the Volcas. The (KO) midi out won't do this -it only outputs midi from itself - no midi is passed thru the machine.
I think this is your problem. Consider a midi splitter box of some type.I can't recommend ,other than iCM4+ is what I use and this is too pricey for your needs.

Last edited by Spheric El on Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe check Kentons web site.
thekik

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just buy a midi out splitter cable . That costs less than 10 euros.
Plug the splitter cable in the MIDI Out of the Kaoss Pad, and the 2 outs of the splitter to the Kaossilator MIDI IN and the first Volca sample MIDI IN.

Alternatively, you could could use the MIDI out mod on the Volca Sample to send the clock to your other devices?. E.g. : Volca sample as the master, midi out with the splitter cable to Kaoss pad, and Kaossilator. Others Volcas synchonized via gate out...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: