Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe VS. All 4 Volcas and the Beatstep Pro sequencer?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gnomebe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:37 pm    Post subject: Electribe VS. All 4 Volcas and the Beatstep Pro sequencer? Reply with quote

I am just wondering if buying an Electribe is worth it "sonically" sound wise, or just buy the Beatstep Pro. for my Volca's. Embarassed Rolling Eyes

Or buy an Electribe AND the Beatstep Pro. sequencer.

Help
jbvdb493

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy them all!
gnomebe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why?
gnomebe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why?
jbvdb493

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait this isn't gearslutz!
Seriously either setup would have pros and cons
But an electribe will obviously bring more sonically to the plate than a BSP esp the sampler I would imagine, if you can deal with sample management
Kites

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, it really depends on your personal workflow, the genre of music you produce, analog vs. digital preferences, etc.

Not sure if the Beastep Pro would really benefit sequencing the Volcas alone IMO. All the Volcas have built in sequencers anyways, it's just a matter of syncing them right? I think the BSP really benefits with gear with multiple CV inputs and triggering drum machines with individual triggers ( like Nord Drum )

I own an Electribe 2 , but it gets sync through my iPad and Iconnectaudio4+, while the BSP is strictly used for my Eurorack modular system. So I ended up selling all my analog Volcas because they weren't as diverse for me compared to my analog modules and they took up space, BUT, I did recently buy the Volca Sample just because it's so fun and instant.
gnomebe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply! Helped
Tarekith
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downside of the Volcas is no memory too, you can't save multiple song/preset set ups.
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it depend more about what your are used to in your set up and what your expectations are more than just acquiring cool gear.

If you are really into the analog sound quality of the volcas and you have made this really work then the Beat Step Pro is the most logical upgrade to your setup. If you have all of the volcas then the Pro would solve a lot of headaches. Getting the E2 could introduce new ones.

If you are used to how the ESX or EMX work then I would urge you to look up Sauces videos on the E2. He does great comparison videos on the ES2 vs ESX.

If discovering that the E2 is not anything like an EMX or ESX is not an issue for you or you've never owned an ESX or EMX then watch Tarekiths video reviews on the E2. These are so well done!

It's important to really do your home work. There is enough resources here and on youtube to tell you if the E2 is right for you.

Try before you buy. Is there a music store that has demo one? Go there, mess with it!

If you do buy the E2, buy it from a place like Sweetwater or MusicansFriend. You can send it back if it is not right for you.

My personal experience with the E2 is simple. When I saw that there was a Kaoss pad and trigger pads, I was all in. The E2 with it's 16 parts/tracks easily playable with the track pad and triggers was going to solve a huge headache for me; too much gear at live shows!
I came from the Kaossilator and Kaoss pad world. I was using 4 different types of Kaoss gear in my set up plus 2 ES1's, a Volca keys and a micro Sampler. That's 8 pieces of gear I replaced with one box! I am very happy. I got the Sampler (I needed a sampler) and now everything I could ever want, in a studio or live, fits in one case.

I knew what I was getting into; a Kaossiltor Pro on steroids. This is exactly what I wanted!

Know your needs. Happy shopping Smile
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
NickZoll

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with SMK it depends on what you are going to use your gear for and what you what from it.
I loved my EMX, it's easy to program, has great sequenser features and very useful for live performances but... drum samples are out of date and outputs are so noizy. So I purchaised e2 hoping to resolve that issues. E2 has better drum samples and overall sound quality is way better but it is weaker as sequencer so I decided to keep both.
I suppose if you decide to get e2 you'll add a lot to your sound since there are modern drums, polyphony, effects that you can use for external sound as well. but e2 is not as good sequencer as BSP. You may also want to check Novation Circuit which gives you extra 2 synth sounds and 4 drums but it's easier to program than e2. Not sure if it has audio in to use internal effects for external sound signal.
Tarekith
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No audio in on the Circuit unfortunately.
gnomebe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:36 pm    Post subject: Not sure ... Reply with quote

The Notation Circuit would be great if I could plug my Volcas into that.
Steinberger

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI - BSP has 2 monophonic melodic sequencers and 1 drum sequencer so your covered on the Keys, Bass and Beats. The Sample, like the Electribe2, requires special note/channel mapping with an external solution so that becomes a complex item to use with the BSP but it is workable. If polyphony is a requirement then the BSP won't help. If not it's an awesome sequencer.
gnomebe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:01 pm    Post subject: Hmmm.... Reply with quote

Can I sequence one of the Volcas with effects with the Electribe?
jbvdb493

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I get what you are asking, you could sequence the volca from the electribe and set that channel on the E2 to external oscilator and then use the extra filters and fx from the E2 if that's what you mean
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: