Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Grey Electribe MIDI Sysex manual
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xanadu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject: Grey Electribe MIDI Sysex manual Reply with quote

KORG released a full MIDI / SYSEX manual for the grey Electribe at
http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/manual/0/367/2666/

Besides the MIDI and Sysex details it contains tables with information about parameters and motion sequences.

It is possible to receive (tested with firmware 1.10) and send (not tested yet) pattern data to the Electribe through a MIDI connection. So no more hasseling with SD cards. You can set up all parameters and motion data straight from your computer.

This manual arrives a full year late. I think that cannot be considered a bug or sloppiness from KORG. This a criminal assault towards the users of the Electribe.
captain johnson

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that read at first as sexy manual ................... Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil
apapdop
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope anybody who reads that first post AND actually has been "criminally assaulted" isn't too insulted...

Purleeezzz...

Volca Sample, FM, Beats, Kick. OP-1, Monologue, Pocket Operators. And an ipad.
captain johnson

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Criminal assault by a sexy manual........
Poumtschak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Grey Electribe MIDI Sysex manual Reply with quote

Xanadu wrote:
KORG released a full MIDI / SYSEX manual for the grey Electribe at
http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/manual/0/367/2666/

You can set up all parameters and motion data straight from your computer.

Thanks for the head-up (minus the final overstatement as apapdop pointed out).

This could lead to a full-fledged editor/librarian, either from a freeware/commercial third party or with an hypothetical e2/e2s "expanded " OS2.0@Winter NAMM... :wishfulthinking:

In the meantime, this allows to save the electribe2 current edit buffer as SysEx in a software MIDI sequencer - 1990s style - which I'm very very cool with.

Very Happy
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The midi implementation chart for the Electribe Sampler is available as well:

http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/manual/0/368/2665/

This is great stuff. With this information we have the beginnings of creating a great self contained program to edit both the E2 and the ES2 in one piece of software.

Xanadu, please tell us you are going to work your magic. Actually what would be fantastic is if you got together with one of the two programmers here who made fantastic sample editors for the ES2.

This collaboration would be worth my money. Who else agrees?
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
Frenzies

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Criminal assault?

Some people got some entitlement issues.

Moog Sub 37 - Arturia Microbrute - Roland Gaia SH-01 - Boss DR660 - Akai S1000 - Akai S01 - Yamaha RM1x - Roland SP-404SX

https://soundcloud.com/beardsound
Xanadu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMK wrote

Quote:
Xanadu, please tell us you are going to work your magic. Actually what would be fantastic is if you got together with one of the two programmers here who made fantastic sample editors for the ES2.

Thanks for your trust SMK.

I wrote some strong language on KORG being late with this full MIDI manual. I wished I had this reference a year ago. It would really have helped me writing my pattern editor. I will update the pattern editor using this new manual. I'm afraid the updated pattern editor will be MaxForLive only. There are some subtle differences between Max and MaxForLive, mostly UI related. That make it quite laborious to adapt a program from MaxForLive to Max.

I've not updated my firmware so I still can switch my Electribe into an Electribe S. But I've got a Volca Sample now and I think that will fit my needs. I've translated the SYRO library to MaxForLive so I can integrate a Sample editor for the Volca Sample into Ableton Live. I expect to publish the first version of that within two weeks.
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xanadu wrote:
SMK wrote

Quote:

Thanks for your trust SMK.

I wrote some strong language on KORG being late with this full MIDI manual. I wished I had this reference a year ago. It would really have helped me writing my pattern editor. I will update the pattern editor using this new manual. I'm afraid the updated pattern editor will be MaxForLive only. There are some subtle differences between Max and MaxForLive, mostly UI related. That make it quite laborious to adapt a program from MaxForLive to Max.

I've not updated my firmware so I still can switch my Electribe into an Electribe S. But I've got a Volca Sample now and I think that will fit my needs. I've translated the SYRO library to MaxForLive so I can integrate a Sample editor for the Volca Sample into Ableton Live. I expect to publish the first version of that within two weeks.

Just make it for MAX not the MAX for live. All we need is something to edit the parameters. There are E2 users who don't use Ableton. There is no reason to make this integrate into Ableton. Just do it as one self contained software. don't do double duty and like I said you are making this for EVERYBODY instead just for those who have LIVE.
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
thesigma

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't you still have to have MAX? Or can MAX make standalone exe? Sorry, not used MAX before...
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thesigma wrote:
Wouldn't you still have to have MAX? Or can MAX make standalone exe? Sorry, not used MAX before...

Xanaxu's first one was absolutely amazing! The whole file system encluded some MAX files but it was a complete stand alone. You didn't have to go hunting for MAX or pay for it, or have Ableton. I was just all in the files in one easy zip!
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
Chapterhaus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KORG's way of saying "Figure it out yourself."
immon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Xanadu, I'm looking forwards to seeing what you come up with.
bingkingbo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pls Xanadu~ pls make it happen!! i really want that for my E2/ hacked E2s too!
Poumtschak

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One also could use Ctrl to build a cross-platform editor :
http://ctrlr.org/

On the positive side, there's a lot of (reserved) space in the data structure. Which mean that some new parameters could be added to the sound generator and FX without breaking the compatibility with non latest OS updated electribe2.

Except for the step sequencer data.

Code:
TABLE 6 :Part Parameter
 OFFSET : Offset in the Pattern Parameter
+-------------+--------------------------+--------------------------------------+
|  OFFSET     |    PARAMETER             | VALUE/DESCRIPTION                    |
+-------------+--------------------------+--------------------------------------+
| 0           | Last Step                | 0,1~15=16,1~15                       |
| 1           | Mute                     | 0,1=OFF,ON                           |
| 2           | Voice Assign             | 0,1,2,3=Mono1, Mono2, Poly1, Poly2   |
| 3           | Motion Sequence          | 0,1,2=Off, Smooth, TriggerHold       |
| 4           | Trig.Pad Velocity        | 0,1=Off,On                           |
| 5           | Scale Mode               | 0,1=Off,On                           |
| 6           | Part Priority            | 0,1=Normal,High                      |
| 7           | (reserved)               |                                      |
| 8~9         | Oscillator Type          | 0~500                                |
| 10          | (reserved)               |                                      |
| 11          | Oscillator Edit          | 0~127                                |
| 12          | Filter Type              | 0~16                                 |
| 13          | Filter Cutoff            | 0~127                                |
| 14          | Filter Resonance         | 0~127                                |
| 15          | Filter EG Int.           | -63~63                               |
| 16          | Modulation Type          | 0~71                                 |
| 17          | Modulation Speed         | 0~127                                |
| 18          | Modulation Depth         | 0~127                                |
| 19          | (reserved)               |                                      |
| 20          | EG Attack                | 0~127                                |
| 21          | EG Decay/Release         | 0~127                                |
| 22~23       | (reserved)               |                                      |
| 24          | Amp Level                | 0~127                                |
| 25          | Amp Pan                  | -63~0~64=L63~center~R63              |
| 26          | EG On/Off                | 0,1=Off,On                           |
| 27          | MFX Send On/Off          | 0,1=Off,On                           |
| 28          | Groove Type              | 0~24                                 |
| 29          | Groove Depth             | 0~127                                |
| 30~31       | (reserved)               |                                      |
| 32          | IFX On/Off               | 0,1=Off,On                           |
| 33          | IFX Type                 | 0~37                                 |
| 34          | IFX Edit                 | 0~127                                |
| 35          | (reserved)               |                                      |
| 36          | Oscillator Pitch         | -63~+63                              |
| 37          | Oscillator Glide         | 0~127                                |
| 38~47       | (reserved)               |                                      |
| 48~59       | Step1 Step Data          |                                      |
| (48)        | Step1 On/Off             | 0,1=Off,On                           |
| (49)        | Step1 Gate Time          | 0~96,127=0~96,TIE                    |
| (50)        | Step1 Velocity           | 1~127                                |
| (51)        | Step1 Trigger On/Off     | 0,1=Off,On                           |
| (52)        | Step1 Note Slot 1        | 0,1~128=Off,Note No 0~127            |
| (53)        | Step1 Note Slot 2        | (same as Slot 1)                     |
| (54)        | Step1 Note Slot 3        | (same as Slot 1)                     |
| (55)        | Step1 Note Slot 4        | (same as Slot 1)                     |
| (56~59)     | (reserved)               |                                      |
| 60~71       | Step2 Step Data          | (same as Step1 Step Data)            |
| .           |                                                                 |
| .           |                                                                 |
| 741~752     | Step64 Step Data         | (same as Step1 Step Data)            |

64 steps, fixed, so 8 bars is a no go. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: