Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Power supply solutions.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
moog666

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:41 pm    Post subject: Power supply solutions. Reply with quote

So, as I am thinking of adding more gear to my desktop I am starting to worry about the shortage of power points. Space is also becoming an issue. With my Tribe, Kaossilator, Sampler, and Kaoss pad all vying for a spot I'm thinking about solutions to power them all but using less sockets. I really don't fancy having a ten gang extention with all individual plugs.

I know of "power bricks" which a lot of guitarists use to power their effects boards off just one socket. Was wondering if anyone on here is using something similar to power their gear?
thesigma

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't done it yet, because I need to trace down the proper tips, but I've got a 12v open frame power supply I'm going to use to run my EMX, ESX, and KP3. My EMX and ESX are the SD version that run on 12v. Just a matter of mounting the supply in my desk and wiring it up, with fuses on each line.

Most of the guitar pedal supplies are 9v. Would work fine for 9v gear, like original electribes. Just be sure the supply has enough current for all the gear you want to run. Just add up the amp rating off each wall wart your replacing, or get the current draw from the manual.
jbvdb493

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have 2 power bars with surge protectors, not sure what more you would need
1 powers my laptop, interface, push and monitors whilst the other powers electribe, blofeld and MPC 1k
Might have to get another one to power some guitar pedals I am GASing for but that will be an issue for when that comes!
Tarekith
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monster Pro 2500 here, works great and you can keep an eye on voltage fluctuations.
thesigma

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: Power supply solutions. Reply with quote

moog666 wrote:
thinking about solutions to power them all but using less sockets. I really don't fancy having a ten gang extention with all individual plugs.

I think some of you guys are missing the main point here.....
Tarekith
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: