Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MS20 Mini Key Issue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevepratt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:01 pm    Post subject: MS20 Mini Key Issue Reply with quote

Hi,

I've had my MS20 Mini for a long while now, and it's absolutely fantastic - however, recently I've been experiencing a few strange issues with some of the keys.

Just before Christmas I noticed that 4-5 keys at the bottom end of the keyboard had become unresponsive (lower E->G) and would not respond to pressing, nor would they send midi values. As it was just prior to Christmas I figured that I would wait until after the expensive holiday season before I looked to get it repaired.

However, things took a strange turn last week as I hooked up the MS20 to my SQ1 - and with that triggering the Keyboard - all of a sudden these keys sprang back to life. Now it appears to be intermittent - if they stop responding I hook up the SQ1 - fire a little sequence through it, and then it seems to be ok again.

Initially I was convinced it would be a keybed/switch issue, but it doesn't seem to be the case - anyone got any ideas?

Steve.
christof1971

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I had the same problem with my ms20 mini, except for me it was keys 6,7 and 8.

Luckily mine was still within its 3 year warranty so I have sent it back to korg to look at, will let you know when I get it back what the issue was.

Chris
el_hombre

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this problem a lit with mine. It seems to come right after turning it on and off a bit and letting it sit for 10 minutes or so...
christof1971

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Sorry don't have answer as to what was wrong with my MS-20 mini.

Korg have replaced the whole unit with a brand new one

Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG MS20 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: