Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Time and Volume Manipulation Effect on Kronos 2?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShaiCobra

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:15 am    Post subject: Time and Volume Manipulation Effect on Kronos 2? Reply with quote

My Kronos should be here in a few days, I'm so excited. One thing I forgot to look into was if Kronos has an effect similar to FL Studios Gross Beat? If it doesn't I did find a work around, but it is limited and time consuming. For the record I dont have a computer, I will at some point. For me getting the kronos is more important..
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum.

Having tried it briefly many years ago, but not being familiar with FL Studio, the Gross Beat means nothing to me, so a sample of it on Soundcloud or Youtube, or links to what others have done using this effect, would help.

Taking a Venn diagram approach to Kronos owners and FL Studio-familiar folk, the overlapping region of people having both is going to be relatively small, reducing the chances of an effective answer, without being given some example of the desired sonic result.

ShaiCobra

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks man for the warm welcome. In this video he explains the effect very well and shows a before and after. I have another question to ask, how ever it's simple and the answer would be a yes or no.Would it be okay if I ask here or should I make another post? I tried looking on the forum but had no luck.

Thanks for taking the time to help me it means a lot.
ShaiCobra

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/KBiyiCWtPAw

Sorry forgot to post the link
alland
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By now you have probably already realized that there is no IFX like Gross Beat in Kronos. However there are several Karma patterns and elements that may sound or can be tweaked to sound similar.
Gross Beat is somewhat similar to another Korg technology called Kaoss. Alongside my Kronos is Korg Pa4x where Kaoss pad is buit in, but you cannot achieve that on Kronos easily (theoretically you may get pretty close using external Karma editor to construct all those filters and gates and multiplicators etc).
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: Time and Volume Manipulation Effect on Kronos 2? Reply with quote

ShaiCobra wrote:
My Kronos should be here in a few days, I'm so excited. One thing I forgot to look into was if Kronos has an effect similar to FL Studios Gross Beat? If it doesn't I did find a work around, but it is limited and time consuming. For the record I dont have a computer, I will at some point. For me getting the kronos is more important..

There is no Gross Beat effect in the Kronos, but you can approach it by combining different effects (like Scratch, Reverser Reverb, Pitch Shifter, for example). But you will have to create your own IFx chains.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: