Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KRONOS Polyphony Problems
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NIO0850 wrote:
You are a troll.. Im waiting for the Kronos Successor. You can stick that Yamaha where the sun doesnt shine. Good thing it has a super knob.... lol

[.
[/quote]

are you done, yet ?
NIO0850

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really ? Rolling Eyes

GregC wrote:
NIO0850 wrote:
You are a troll.. Im waiting for the Kronos Successor. You can stick that Yamaha where the sun doesnt shine. Good thing it has a super knob.... lol

[.

are you done, yet ?[/quote]
BobTheDog
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
NIO0850 wrote:

[.

are you done, yet ?

unfortunately probably not.
Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NIO0850 wrote:
Have you ever seen inside of a Kronos? It looks like $500 of production cost.

What you see inside in terms of hardware is not a testimony of what a Kronos is or the R&D involved.
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NIO0850 wrote:
Have you ever seen inside of a Kronos? It looks like $500 of production cost.

For that matter, have you ever seen the inside of an iPhone or iPad? It's not the sum of the parts that determines value - it's the software and what the company can make it do for you that determines a fair value for the item.

Pepperpotty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NIO0850,

We don't have many rules on this forum but it's just basic forum etiquette really. You don't come on here and try and cause arguments by offending our long standing members.

You're talking to members who have many, many years experience on this forum of helping people out. Show some respect please.

Of course you're entitled to your own opinion but if someone disagrees with you then you don't call them a troll.

Either drop this now or you can go and find yourself another forum to frequent.

Pep.
NIO0850

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earlier in this thread 3 of your long time members called me a troll making several personal attacks against me. So when Im in here just stating my opinion, on topic you publicly call me out? Really Question You need to read the whole thread and warn those attacking new people that just joined. Just because a forum newbie isnt waving Korg flags and eating Korg cake doesnt mean all the forum members and mod jump in attack.

Pepperpotty wrote:
NIO0850,

We don't have many rules on this forum but it's just basic forum etiquette really. You don't come on here and try and cause arguments by offending our long standing members.

You're talking to members who have many, many years experience on this forum of helping people out. Show some respect please.

Of course you're entitled to your own opinion but if someone disagrees with you then you don't call them a troll.

Either drop this now or you can go and find yourself another forum to frequent.

Pep.

Last edited by NIO0850 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pepperpotty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Wiki a troll is.....

"In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into ..."

I don't think the other forum members were out of line there.

Sorry but you're trying to cause arguments and slating a synth just for the sake of it. You can't expect to come to a forum as a new member and shout out about how bad a synth is and not expect some backlash when your claims are unwarranted.

Pep
NIO0850

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am 100% on topic because I also had the same issue and why I sold mine. Thats not bad to say. Im exicited to own another Korg. I cant wait for what is next. Wink My Kronos was and excellent synth. I had polyphony issues with the big piano samples. I believe the netbook mainboard and atom cpu 32bit doesnt have the power to full do what Korgs trying to do with it. It needs to be current 64bit with 16gb of ram possibly fix the issues I was having. Im just jumping off the Kronos wagon saving for the Successor. Smile

Pepperpotty wrote:
According to Wiki a troll is.....

"In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into ..."

I don't think the other forum members were out of line there.

Sorry but you're trying to cause arguments and slating a synth just for the sake of it. You can't expect to come to a forum as a new member and shout out about how bad a synth is and not expect some backlash when your claims are unwarranted.

Pep
NormC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Atom Processor used is an x86-64 bit processor. The "problem" is the 32 bit Linux Kernel they are using. They could implement a PAE and address more memory if they chose.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormC wrote:
The Atom Processor used is an x86-64 bit processor. The "problem" is the 32 bit Linux Kernel they are using. They could implement a PAE and address more memory if they chose.

lets connect the dots more.

does this involve or presume more sophisticated software development ? Software development/programming is always the biggest cost of these embedded type devices
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I keep saying this, but the only reason this even comes up is because the Kronos' internals resemble a common PC so much. You don't see the same kinds of complaints about the Motif, simply because it doesn't have a Mobo with "Intel" printed on it.

Treat the Kronos like a synth and most of these misgivings will be void.

I'll also be hoping for a higher performance model somewhere in the coming years. But it's not going to be top shelf performing PC hardware, ever. Even disregarding cost, if they just did custom software development, stability testing and mass production they'd be years behind the most current hardware releases. It's amazing that they used hardware as recent as they did. This is not Windows, that you can slap on basically any random configuration of hardware and it will boot (and then gets crap for not being 100 percent stable 24/7).
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
Honestly, I keep saying this, but the only reason this even comes up is because the Kronos' internals resemble a common PC so much. You don't see the same kinds of complaints about the Motif, simply because it doesn't have a Mobo with "Intel" printed on it.

I'll also be hoping for a higher performance model somewhere in the coming years. But it's not going to be top shelf performing PC hardware, ever. Even disregarding cost, if they just did custom software development, stability testing and mass production they'd be years behind the most current hardware releases. It's amazing that they used hardware as recent as they did. This is not Windows, that you can slap on basically any random configuration of hardware and it will boot (and then gets crap for not being 100 percent stable 24/7).

All solid and reasonable points.

Its a wrong assumption that the numerous key components of a Kronos are simple plug and play, like my uncle's windows PC. And those PC tasks are somewhat simple in nature.

Plus hardware/CPU strength advances every year. An owner can toss away his commodity PC every 2 yrs if he/she is so hardware inclined.

A 'custom ' or sophisticated device like the Kronos has a 'useful' life span of at least 6 yrs or many more.
PatrickD

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy works for Nord This is his ID badge number NIO0850. Very Happy
CUBASE 11.5 Halion 6
NormC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:

Exactly. I think the Kronos is fantastic! That is why I bought it and joined this forum to learn more about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: