Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Q:SQ-1 Sync in MIDI out problem ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpuTniC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:46 am    Post subject: Q:SQ-1 Sync in MIDI out problem ?? Reply with quote

so i got my sq-1 and for testing/experimantation i hook up a volca beats to the sq-1 and the sq-1 via midi to my volca keys

using the "stereo" sync cable from the beats

beats sync out > sq-1 sync in > keys midi in

the problem is if i start the beats first and then the sq-1 it plays the first step and then i get only scratchy tunes out of the keys maybe a few steps more but at some point its only scratchy until i start activating slide

if i start the sq-1 first and then the beats its working fine

after a short lookup i saw the sync connections are mono and not stereo ok i thought lets try syncing it with a mono/patch cable and wonder oh wonder it works flawlessy if i start the beats first and then the sq-1

sq-1 manual says: "IN - SYNC - OUT jacks (mini monaural phone jack, SYNC IN: maximum input level 20V, SYNC OUT: output level 5V)"

beats manual says: "SYNC IN jack (ø3.5mm monaural
mini-phone jack, 20V maximum input level), SYNC OUT
jack (ø3.5mm monaural mini-phone jack, 5V output level)"

so my question is can someone reproduce this error so i can be sure the sq-1 is not faulty i also tried sync voltage increase and decrease on both the problem exists

havent tried usb to midi out so this will be the next adventure after i read there are also problems

the other question is why does korg give us a stereo cable if sync is only mono well at least it works flawlessly with the volcas so far

thx in advance
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: