Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M50/USB OK in device manager, not recognised by DAWs: SOLVED

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarwinianSwing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:21 pm    Post subject: M50/USB OK in device manager, not recognised by DAWs: SOLVED Reply with quote

EDIT: It turns out, I should have used the Korg driver uninstall utility and selected the M50 from the MIDI device list there, instead of just uninstalling from the Windows control panel. Uninstalling that way, and then reinstalling using the Korg utility, fixed the problem.

Intending to use it as a MIDI controller, I connected my M50 to my Win7 (64-bit) PC via USB, and for several hours it was working fine in Reaper, where I made some recordings and generally had a great time.

My plans were then to start taking advantage of the M50's capabilities as a sound source, but for now I was content just using it as a MIDI controller. I'm really pretty much a novice at this kind of thing, but I know enough to do some basic MIDI and audio recording using Reaper or Ableton.

However, after switching off and on, it no longer appears in Reaper's list of MIDI devices, nor in Ableton Live's list of available inputs. I'm using the 64-bit versions of both, and they're otherwise working fine. I have a Novation Launchkey Mini which still shows up as an input and works OK. Nothing else changed at this time - I accidentally powered off the M50, restarted it, and it's not been recognised since.

The M50 is listed in Windows' Device Manager under "Sound, video and game controllers", shown as "working properly", and the drivers are listed as 1.15.13.1, with the following files:

https://gyazo.com/fda10fbee75f855b33ad3403c15110e2

I've tried swapping the MIDI cable, but that makes no difference. I've reinstalled the latest firmware on the M50, uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, powered the PC and other hardware off and on, but still nothing.

Also, I've installed the M50 editor, but that either crashes on loading, or when it doesn't crash, doesn't seem to be communicating with the M50 in any way (the mode lights don't sync, for example). This isn't software I'm familiar with, however.

When it was working, the hardware I was using for recording is a Novation Audiohub 2x4 as output (with the M50 connected to one of the USB inputs) and the Novation Launchkey Mini, plus a Samson C01U mic. But I did try unplugging all those and connecting the M50 directly to the PC's onboard USB ports, and that didn't work either.

I've searched here and elsewhere for anyone else reporting similar experiences, but no luck. I'm stumped, and at my wits' end. How can it show as working fine in the device manager, but not appear on the list of available input devices? What else can I try?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: