Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg electribe esx sd into korg sq 1 via midi sync

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Giudal

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:17 pm    Post subject: Korg electribe esx sd into korg sq 1 via midi sync Reply with quote

Hello,
I just bought an Electribe ESX and I'm trying to synchronize it with my korg SQ 1, which controls a korg MS 20 mini. I tried to connect from the electribe midi out to the SQ 1 SYNC-IN, I set the clock global setting of the electribe to Int, to be the master, but when I press play on the electribe the SQ 1 doesn't start. I tried the same thing with the SQ 1 as the master but It doesn't work again. Am I doing something wrong? Any help will be appreciated. Thank You!

Giulio
Jiggins

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are plugging into the analogue sync jack on the SQ1, this is not midi. The SQ1 cannot be synced to the Esx via midi directly.

The positive is you have a workaround because the ESX has extra outputs. You can use one of these outputs to sync the SQ1.

You will need to sequence a clock signal on 16ths and send it out to the SQ1. A rimshot should work for this. I do not have either kf these units so i cant test it, but in theory it should work. Many other analogue equipment is synched in thjs way.

You may have to check the manual of the SQ1 to adjust some sync polarity settings if you cant get it to work. Maybe others who have done this can chime in?
Jiggins

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, ignore this. I just read up on ths SQ1 and it will accept midi clock signal via the sync in jack, but it won't read midi start/stop commands.

You will have to manualy press play on the SQ1 to start the sequence, but at least it will keep in time with midi clock
Giudal

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok! you were right about the sync-in. I just used the midi out of the SQ 1 to the midi in of the elecrtibe (so without using the sync out). In this way they are in sync. I don't know if the sync-in accept midi because by using that I couldn't make it start even by pressing the SQ 1 play button; it just didn't start. With the midi out of the SQ 1 it's working, but I only can be master with the SQ 1 I suggest(there is no midi in in the SQ 1)
lowph

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello may I ask how did you actually managed to get them sync with MIDI? what kind of electribe you have?

thank you
hopefully you can help out, kind of desperate here Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: