Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Differences in the original microkorg? Not mk vs xl...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
subluxator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:51 am    Post subject: Differences in the original microkorg? Not mk vs xl... Reply with quote

I recently purchased a new to me original microkorg at a local shop. It's nice but I couldn't justify the price for a used item so I found one on craigslist for much cheaper (I'm still within the return period for the first one).

I noticed there are some minor differences and curious if there's anything else that's changed over the years. The serial numbers are about 100,000 apart from each other.

The newer one (higher serial number) has an electronic on/off switch where you have to hold it down for a few seconds to power off, whereas the older has a clicky, physical switch. Also, the newer one has an amber lcd display while the older one has a red display.

Of the two, I prefer the older one (clicky switch, red display) but wondering if there were other changes that would warrant hanging onto the newer one.

I apologize if this has been discussed. All the search results were comparing the original to the xl.

Thanks.
subluxator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also noticing that volume is much greater on the older one (both volume knobs at 12 o'clock) and the volume changes accordingly thoughout the full range of the knob.

The newer one's volume remains about the same from 2 o'clock on.

edit: actually, disregard this post. I swapped cables and the exact opposite occurred. Had no idea that cabling could make such a difference!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: