Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Live usage: quick sound change in Combi mode - HELP!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeyB97

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject: Live usage: quick sound change in Combi mode - HELP! Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

Is it possible to quickly change between sounds within a Combi? That means, muting one and jumping to another - maybe via switch pedal? I don't want to change Combi, just change between the sounds inside it.
Is there a way? I'm currently using an expression pedal to control single volumes, so I can smoothly add layered sounds. But when I want to completely change sound, I don't know how to do it.

I'm sure you all have way more knowledge on this matter than I do, that's why I came here.

If you happen to know, please give me a hint! Smile

Thanks,
Luca.
ErnstDabest

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: Live usage: quick sound change in Combi mode - HELP! Reply with quote

The obvious way to do this is by plugging-in a second MIDI keyboard.. You'll simply need
to assign the 2nd keyboard a different channel other then the "Gch" (global channel)...

The next way is by creating key zones, or octave "splits".
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I do is...Tap and highlight a channel and use the value slider to fade volume levels in and out. Kind of like a mixing board.
KeyB97

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all,

I was familiar with both methods, I guess I'll need to try and get used to it! Very Happy

Thanks for your replies,

Luca.
ErnstDabest

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two keyboard setup is best... simply liftoff your hand(s) from one kb onto the other.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree about a second MIDI keyboard.

In the absence of that, one way to extend the number of octaves is to use the SW buttons, assigning one to raise an octave and the other to lower it. Assign your extra sounds to the new extra octaves (not forgetting to pitch shift them back ).

You can also layer up sounds using two different velocity levels, but it's not ideal.
ausser
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is another, and IMO, quicker way around it.

If you convert the COMBI to a SEQ over the first 8 tracks, (depending on whether or not the Combi is EFX heavy) you might be able to assign the 9-16 tracks to your proceeding soundset.
You could do this by taking note of which midi channels in SEQ mode are on the 1st 8 channels assigned to the same midi channel in TRACK SETUP mode.
Then its a question of selecting the last track for the 1st 8, and then using the DATA ENTRY KEYS to switch to the 9th track, which would bring you on to the 2nd COMBI setting except in SEQ mode, with the appropiatly assigned midi channels for the second soundset, eg all assigned from 9-16 on midi channel 2.
That would achieve the patch switch without the woeful cutoff.
Regarding muting, it would be simply a question of copying the original Combi from the SEQ 1-8 to 9-16, then making your volume level adjustments on 9-16 except on midi-channel 2.
Then selecting and saving the SEQ slot at TRACK 8, so when you come to play, you simple DATA ENTRY SWITCH from channel 8 to channel 9 (Midi channel 1 to midi channel 2)
You get the the mix changes without the Master L/R cutoff.

Peace
Ausser.
ErnstDabest

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ausser wrote:
There is another, and IMO, quicker way around it.

Nah, that's too much work..
but to each his own I guess if one doesn't have an additional KB or a sound module.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: