Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg PA4X Pro harmonizer and mp3 files

View previous topic :: View next topic  
grafcable

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:19 pm    Post subject: Korg PA4X Pro harmonizer and mp3 files Reply with quote

Hello,
I tried to get the answer of my problem but no responds. Sorry to make similar topic but I'd like to get clear answer. PA4X Pro harmonizer presets don't work with mp3 files only with MIDI for me. On my old PA3X Pro those presets worked without any problem. Also PA3X Pro has preset that automatically scan harmony when playing mp3 files. PA4X Pro doesn't have it. Is it true or I just can't find some hiding settings. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
Paolo@Korg
Korg Italy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This feature is not included in Pa4X.

Paolo
grafcable

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paolo@Korg wrote:
This feature is not included in Pa4X.

Paolo

Thank you very much for the quick respond. And shame on you Korg to downgrade ability of new PA4X Pro. I used harmony presets on my old PA3X
all the time and now I can't do that with new PA4X flagman keyboard. All my songs in mp3 format.
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would really help if Korg publishes a chart of discontinued features each time they release a new model.

grafcable

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:
It would really help if Korg publishes a chart of discontinued features each time they release a new model.

I'm 100% agree. If I knew about it I've never bought this keyboard.
mabcomp

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Korg PA4X Pro harmonizer and mp3 files Reply with quote

grafcable wrote:
Hello,
I tried to get the answer of my problem but no responds. Sorry to make similar topic but I'd like to get clear answer. PA4X Pro harmonizer presets don't work with mp3 files only with MIDI for me. On my old PA3X Pro those presets worked without any problem. Also PA3X Pro has preset that automatically scan harmony when playing mp3 files. PA4X Pro doesn't have it. Is it true or I just can't find some hiding settings. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
Its true: Korg say that the MP3 Option wasnt really being used to any extent although how they could determine that? it a puzzle, did they follow people around to check?
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg PA4X Pro harmonizer and mp3 files Reply with quote

mabcomp wrote:
grafcable wrote:
Hello,
Thanks
Its true: Korg say that the MP3 Option wasnt really being used to any extent although how they could determine that? it a puzzle, did they follow people around to check?

They needed to free resources for other things....

The hugest dissapointment of the pa4x is still its processing power that is only about 10%. Of an iphone...

(Same goes for all Yamaha instruments)
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well given the two I know which one I would have more fun and use for ! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
alfredokiwi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pa4X seems to use the same mainboard as the Pa3XLe, Pa900 and Pa600 cutting a lot of features from older Pa3X because new Pa models use an OMAP single core ARM DSP chip processor for all the tasks. Such single core ARM OMAP technology is also used on early single core tablets and smartphones meaning that processing power on Pa4X is limited comparing previous Pa3X.

www.facebook.com/alfredokiwi

www.alfredoblogspage.blogspot.com.ar
Snoopy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

the reason, why using mp3-files for the vocalist is no longer possible is simple :

MONEY

As I´ve been told TC-Helicon wanted to have much more money for the license to use this feature.

PA4X MUSIKANT, OS 3.1.0, PKG-Version
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snoopy wrote:
As I´ve been told TC-Helicon wanted to have much more money for the license to use this feature.

... interesting - who told you that?

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Snoopy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dealer and a Korg-demonstrator Wink

PA4X MUSIKANT, OS 3.1.0, PKG-Version
the_boss81

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will see if when comes a new flagship it has this function...?
alfredokiwi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem unfortunately is the lack of enough processing power on DM3725 CPU because such function implies decompressing first the mp3 and scanning the chords harmony using FFT DSP functions. Pa4X use a single core ARM processor with C64+ DSP (the C64+ remembers me the early Commodore 64 computer).

The DM3725 was developed circa 2008 released on 2009/2010 we are talking about a 10 years old single core ARM processor.

Today processors like the dual ARM core AM5728 have a dual DSP unit with thirty-two 16 × 16-Bit fixed-point multiplies per cycle versus single ARM core and DSP unit with four 16 x 16-Bit fixed-point multiplies per cycle on DM3725.

In other words AM5728 have x8 eight times more speed in DSP processing power the reason why DM3725 is to week to run all Pa3X functions.

Is not a question of money for licences... a product in the price range of 4500 dollars is ultra expensive and should cover all the required licences.

www.facebook.com/alfredokiwi

www.alfredoblogspage.blogspot.com.ar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: