Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using an EHX Freeze guitar pedal for smooth transitions?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
keeverw

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:05 am    Post subject: Using an EHX Freeze guitar pedal for smooth transitions? Reply with quote

I REALLY like my M3, and it's honestly only missing one feature that (for my needs) would make it even preferable to a Kronos.

This feature is the ability to smoothly transition between patches.

Forgive me for starting a similar thread to one I recently created but I had a new idea and the other thread was dead and I wanted this to get noticed so I could get some feedback.

Speaking of feedback have any of you seen this guitar pedal?

It's essentially an audio version of a sustain pedal.
And at a glance it seems to be the simplest way to accomplish what I am aiming for. The ability to play a patch. Then sustain the sound while changing patches then release the previously sustained sound when I start to play the next sound.

My previous best idea was to just purchase a small synth for pad duty only and play everything else on the M3. I had settled on a Novation Mininova but I haven't purchased one yet.

This might be a good alternative and even give me some other options like sustaining a chord and playing over it.

Am I missing something here? Other than being forced to run in mono are there any other drawbacks I'm missing here?

I actually tried this concept before with a TC Electronics Ditto looper pedal but it wasn't a seamless loop which is what you need for a sustained sound. The EHX Freeze boasts seamless sustaining and from the videos I've seen it delivers that.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not even worth comparing to the glory that will be revealed to us." Rom 8:18
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: