Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Connect Korg Triton LE to pc via USB-MIDI cable

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alastyr0212

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:35 am    Post subject: Connect Korg Triton LE to pc via USB-MIDI cable Reply with quote

Hi guys. I need to connect my Korg Triton LE 76 to my pc. I have an USB-MIDI cable but i can't find drivers for connect. I try to use Ableton to connect Triton LE to PC but i'm not able to use it. Anyone can help me?
MrSteveVee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no drivers for the LE as such, all the LE can do is send or receive MIDI via the MIDI 5 pin ports. If you are using a MIDI 5 pin to USB converter cable, you need to determine the make of the converter cable and look for drivers for the converter cable.
Alternatively just buy a generic MIDI to USB converter on Ebay that is compatible with your PC as its the PC that is causing you the problem not the LE. I use one and it works just fine
alastyr0212

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this cable: http://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B00K4UXH5Q?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
I can't understand how i have to set up Ableton to work with Triton Le.
MrSteveVee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I do not use Ableton and I have only played about with DAW's a little but from my understanding there are two things you need to do.

The first is, you need to configure Ableton to comminicate with the Digiflex USB MIDI convertor connected to your PC. Within Ableton setup there will be a MIDI configuration parameter settings. You need to go into these and configure it to communicate with the Digiflex USB MIDI convertor. This I believe is probably your main problem and asking for help on the Ableton forums will get you faster results than asking on this forum.

Once you have set up Ableton to see the USB MIDI device you can connect the LE and you should be able to send MIDI from the LE to Ableton. If nothing happens just try a factory reset of the LE (Save all your settings first) and try again

At this stage your LE will just be a dumb keyboard, Ableton will not know what type of keyboard is connected

The second thing you need to do is configure Ableton so that it knows that the keyboard conected is the Triton LE. Within the Ableton there will be a method to state what type make and model of keyboards is connected to the MIDI cnhannel that you have configured the Digiflex on. If Ableton can read an XML file that contains this type of data here is a link to the Korg LE XML parameter files for the programs and Combi's.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j6mon1cjpfowq1x/Triton_LE_Progs.txt?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/763qaqglc0gbsp9/Triton_LE_Combi.txt?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i6zh1gdtv421qfb/Triton_LE_XML.zip?dl=0

Again, the best place to ask how to do configure this is on the Ableton forums.

If you still cannot get ot to work. Go to the Abletomn forums and ask these two basic questions. They will be able to help you a lot better than this forum.

1) How do I configure Ableton to use the Digiflex USB to Midi adaptor
2) How do I configure Ableton to use a Korg LE keyboard

Steve V
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: