Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teenage engineering
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:28 am    Post subject: Teenage engineering Reply with quote

I know the PO devices have been beat to death but on a whim and trying to get my kids working on their rhythm I bought the PO12. I can honestly say I have played with it more then they have. Seriously it is a fun little device and whats nice is how portable it is.
jeftones

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use my po12 more that the other pocket operators i own, those being the three in the 10 series. I find the po12 is incredibly versatile and i will often sit in bed noodling around on it. i love the kick and the hats especially.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HA thats funny mine sit on a guitar amp right next to the bed.
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a PO-24 Office, the noise series drum machine. It's great fun and would love to add a PO-12 to the collection.
The Office is clocked by a Volca Kick, but I'm going to have to try running it from a gate out of something just to see if it'll bump along to rhythm I send it if the voltage is correct.
Jamming with the Office with a friend, I had a lot of success creating patterns using realtime recording and then jamming with the fx, while changing up pattern chains on the fly. Really fun, definitely was the star that day. I was clocking it from my VBeats, which really only did kick duties.
One thing I have noticed is sometimes the clock pulse will start to bleed through when it's not running even if it's still in SY2 mode. Starting it and stopping it again will fix it though.
I also like the clock on it.
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any OP-1 love here.
It now has sync out and then record the whole shabang onto the tape.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of wanted one but the price was to steep when I looked at it. I also didn't like the keyboard. But I think it sounded quite good.
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a fun box.
Only problem with the keyboard is it lacks velocity. But it has a Giro for mod ,so tilt for expression.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know about the gyro, thats pretty cool.

I would actually like some more of the PO products. The Po12 is the only one I have. I find the battery compartment hanky and if you are not careful it will loose connection and wipe your unit. But the new po32 looks quite interesting and the robot always seems to be sold out. I still think the op1 would be fun to have just went with other options because of the kittle weird keypads.
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the OP-1, I was really put off by a synth worth over 1000aud not having MIDI in. I'd grab one if it did.
I'm also a little hesitant to buy a PO-32 as it requires a computer to program (I really don't like using computers for music, really, really don't like it as I end up not making music and tweaking computers or getting distracted by the Internet and forums!) It's cute and all with it's fax technology for patch transfer, but in the end, I don't want buy a hardware player for a software synth.
SM Pro Audio make this box called the V Machine. It runs VSTi's in a box you can take on stage with you without needing a laptop.
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point, I wonder how long and for how many software OS updates they will keep the program operational. Does make one think twice about it.
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so close to jumping in the car and going to the store for a PO Arcade or a PO Rhythm or both. I really like those little things, just have to make sure I'm not just grabbing them for the kawaii (cute) factor. They still have to do something I can't already do, even if it is sequence some sounds I don't have elsewhere. The FX sequencing is a great way to 'play' them live and that alone is a good reason to own one PO.

If I could do everything that Microtonic does on the PO-32, I'd grab one. Can't get enough little drummachines! I'd like to think that Sonic Charge would support the software for a good amount of time, considering they are a plug-in maker. But that said, Arturia forums will reveal a few disgruntled Spark 2 owners....
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the po-32 is the most jammable for fx live. It doesn't write permanent,but will revert back to the saved loop after fills,while the 12 writes changes permanent.
I havnt either but would go for the 32 for its features.Also I believe they have a growing user base sharing sounds.
(I also don't care for using the software).

Intersested to see the two new POs and what they do.
I have a feeling one may be a hardware Bitspeak ! Instant buy for me.
Others speculate and hope for a sampler.
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spheric El wrote:
I think the po-32 is the most jammable for fx live. It doesn't write permanent,but will revert back to the saved loop after fills,while the 12 writes changes permanent.
I havnt either but would go for the 32 for its features.Also I believe they have a growing user base sharing sounds.
(I also don't care for using the software).

Intersested to see the two new POs and what they do.
I have a feeling one may be a hardware Bitspeak ! Instant buy for me.
Others speculate and hope for a sampler.

Yeah maybe if I could access a vast library of sounds for the PO32 I'd get one, though I thought that would be the case with Patchblocks, that I'd be able to use access a library of patches that were useful, but that never was realised.

Where did you read about two new PO's coming, can't find anything anywhere? I would expect another two, as that seems to be the MO for that line, but just can't find any info on if and when. A speech synth would be great. So would a little box that sampled and then used said samples for a granular synth (yes like the microgranny but only one that works and doesn't require me to fiddle with it to make it work or send it back to have it replaced with one that was tested before it was sent).
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm always on Operator-1 forum megamarkd.
Can't tell you exact thread right now.If I find it l'll post back ,but it may be some time.
It'll be called something like " PO-s something New ".
You can select POs on the left to help find it.
Though I remember it was a genuine teaser and they include the new Mic feature - which may suggest the same programmer collaboration.
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we go megamarkd. I said it would take some time..

https://www.operator-1.com/index.php?p=/discussion/3600/new-pocket-operators-coming#latest
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: