Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adam Holzman style Moog Lead sounds
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteelBreeze

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:33 pm    Post subject: Adam Holzman style Moog Lead sounds Reply with quote

Hello, is there a pack of synth lead sounds that sound similar to the sound in this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J4Mqx4jfl0

Or like other Minimoog\ARP\etc. synth leads like Rick Wakeman, Chick Corea and more. I might be missing something, but when I search for lead sounds I get videos\packs of Derek Sherinian\Jordan Rudess sounds only. Not quite what I seek.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I especially like the Jan Hammer like lead and will try to come close on my Voyager. I have to check out Adam Hozman's pot mapping idea especially.

I didn't understand the name of the guy who programmed the next lead synth after the Jan Hammmer sound completely (.... Thomas). What was his full name?

All in all I doubt you can get too close with the Kronos VAs: they just don't deliver the mixure of Moog-like like cutting through on one hand and sounding organic and smooth on the other hand. With the Polysix you get the needed warmth, but not the Moog edge and power, AL-1 rather causes ear bleed for my taste, when cutting through, than sounding analog and natural, and MS-20 is rather fine for thinner kinds of sounds.
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a patch I have from online (probably from Busch) called Chick Lead. With modification, it is getting close. I had to modify the envelopes, adjust cutoff, change triangle to sine for LFO, adjust mono parameters, add delay etc... but it is getting closer. I found that you can add ensemble as an IFX and it will soften up the attack and timbre.
jg::
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a tweaked program called BMA-SUPER MINI LEAD. It's not 100% Moog, but certainly in that direction, and always impresses band-members/audience when I pull it out. I can't remember where it came from.
SteelBreeze

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will surely check Chick's Lead
jg:: wrote:
I use a tweaked program called BMA-SUPER MINI LEAD. It's not 100% Moog, but certainly in that direction, and always impresses band-members/audience when I pull it out. I can't remember where it came from.

Can you please PM me that program?
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try these:
http://thekronosblog.blogspot.com
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I can get something sounding good, I will post the program.
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha - that's mine. (Brian Michael Anderson). Glad you like it. It was one of the first sounds I ever created back when I first got my Kronos.
::: Korg Kronos 88 ::: Alesis Fusion 8HD ::: Kurzweil PC361 ::: Roland V-Synth ::: DSI Prophet 12 ::: DSI OB-6 ::: Korg Prophecy ::: Moog Micromoog ::: Yamaha CP-30 ::: Alesis Andromeda ::: Moog Sub37 ::: Sequential Prophet 600 ::: Korg MS2000BR ::: GSI Burn :::

My Music
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeebustrain wrote:

Ha - that's mine. (Brian Michael Anderson). Glad you like it. It was one of the first sounds I ever created back when I first got my Kronos.

Sounds interesting. Where do we find it if it is freely available, or where to buy from if commercial?

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek Cook wrote:
jeebustrain wrote:

Sounds interesting. Where do we find it if it is freely available, or where to buy from if commercial?

I had uploaded it to korgpatches.com way back when, but I can never seem to get that site to load anymore. I'll see if I have a PCG of it lying around at home tonight and I'll share it. Although it's a pretty basic detuned double saw lead sound (bit of resonance, bit of glide to make it slippery) and a light delay. Compared to my actual Moog (Sub37, what I play live), it's not quite there (especially in hindsight - it was literally one of the first sounds I made), but it works in a pinch!
::: Korg Kronos 88 ::: Alesis Fusion 8HD ::: Kurzweil PC361 ::: Roland V-Synth ::: DSI Prophet 12 ::: DSI OB-6 ::: Korg Prophecy ::: Moog Micromoog ::: Yamaha CP-30 ::: Alesis Andromeda ::: Moog Sub37 ::: Sequential Prophet 600 ::: Korg MS2000BR ::: GSI Burn :::

My Music
laandodeman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeebustrain wrote:

This makes me curious. Could you give us a hint on how this lead sounds? Smile
SteelBreeze

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got a Kronos X in monday (Serious, not April's fools or something), and got to test Burning Busch's Chick Corea leads. Superb.
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the program that I created in use.

Here's a snippet of our first song of the night - trading with the sax player.

http://goo.gl/pjLDmr
SteelBreeze

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aron wrote:

Sounds real great, aron!
levioter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aron wrote:

Great Aron ! Very nice sound and playing !
proof that Kronos could do it !

Cheers Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: