Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help connecting to my PC (for M50 Editor / Synthesia)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Syn9001

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:56 pm    Post subject: Help connecting to my PC (for M50 Editor / Synthesia) Reply with quote

I recently purchased a Korg M50 88 and so far am blown away by it (my first keyboard) but I'm having a difficult time using it on my computer (PC, Windows 7 through USB cable.) I looked over several manuals (seriously, how many manuals does this need?) and followed the directions:
-Installed all drivers, VST, etc.
-Went to Global > Midi > Turned off local control (also tried it being ON), set midi clock to external USB, enabled Midi Filters... and yes, I saved the settings!...

These are the only things it tells you to do... from there, it just explains how to set the knobs and buttons that I don't current need to function for anything.

My computer recognizes that the m50 is plugged in, but it doesn't register on the M50 Editor or Synthesia. Can anyone help me figure this out please?
Ovidius

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Syn9001,
I would sughest you to avoid M50 Editor at all (in every use case). It is not necessary and I had just trouble with it, it was not making things easy (it might be just my experience - maybe I did not get the concept).

For Synthesia VST will not be used for input, just plain MIDI device (actually M50 Editor opens MIDI device and does reading and writing on it; it is the providing its output to DAW). In Synthesia there should be dialog where you can choose input MIDi device. If Korg M50 is there, then select it. If not, you might need to install Korg MIDI driver (I think this one is not necessary as well).

If you want to listen to sounds that M50 produces and Synthesia does not send MIDI back to keyboard (= you play and hear no sound from keyboard) then on M50 turn Local control On again. You do not need to turn MIDI clock off for this case.

I haven't used Synthesia yet, but it seems like fun. I will give it a try! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: