Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Er-1 question and help.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
59burst

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:25 pm    Post subject: Korg Er-1 question and help. Reply with quote

Hi, I'm new to the forum and would like to say hi to everyone. Very Happy

I am trying to do something very simple with the device, yet I have no idea and how to do this, however can be very simple for someone with experience.

I am trying to do a 2 maybe 3 bar sequence and the only effect being used in the pattern I am creating with the audio in button. I am basically making my own pattern tremolo for guitar. I would also like to make a 1 bar clic track at the beginning of my pattern. That it! No drums or any other sounds. Just an audio in pattern.

So, basically if I press play, I wish to hear the clic track for 1 bar, then have the pattern play. (2 bar pattern in a loop)

I'm really novice with thing, so I'll need some Sloowwww step by step instructions.

Cheers!
thesigma

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need two patterns. 1 with a 1 bar click, and the audio in FX if desired, and the second 2 bars with FX.

hit play on the count in and then change the pattern to the FX, it will switch at the end of the click pattern, and then the FX pattern will play and loop indefinitely.

Maybe make the click pattern 2 to 4 bars to give time to do the switch, if you only want 1 bar of click just program the last bar. I say this because I assume youll need to start the pattern, move the dial to setup the pattern change, and get ready to play your guitar with the count in.

You could also setup a song in song mode with the two patterns but IMO te method I describe is less hassle.

Korg gear I've used extensively:
M1, Triton Pro-x 88, SG-1D, NanoPad, NanoKontrol
59burst

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank for the reply.

You'll have to guide me step by step. All I know is that
When I press play, some random drum beat comes out. I turn the jog
Wheel and get different beats. I'm really new at the thing.

Can you break it down in steps?
thesigma

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://i.korg.com/uploads/Support/ER1_OM_633743469531320000.pdf

Link to the manual.

You want to delete two patterns and make two new ones. pretty easy. Give the manual a look and If you have specific questions or thngs you dont understand I'll be glad to help. I'm not near mine at the moment so the manual is probably better than my memory.

apapdop
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to look at this problem in terms of energy/time expenditure.

The energy/time required for somebody to explain to you, in tiny, tiny steps, how to solve your problem is far greater than the energy/time required for you to sell the er-1 and buy a tremelo pedal instead.

Volca Sample, FM, Beats, Kick. OP-1, Monologue, Pocket Operators. And an ipad.
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get familiar with the shift button and functions under the 16 step buttons.
Set click pattern length with this..to 2.(maybe that's shifts and step 7?)
You can tell how many bars a pattern is with red light at end of 16 step buttons - it has 1234 with lights.Playback will jump along these if pattern is 2 or more bars.Or it'll stay in 1.
Make a empty pattern, by turning off all red lights ,then create your click on one bar pattern.
I'll leave the whole creation process ,assuming you know how,or can work out ,how to set up your gate with audio in keys. You just need to switch patterns manually ,in pattern mode ,from click to gate/tremelo pattern, by turning large encoder ,as mentioned.
The ER-1 is simple to create patterns,you'll work it out.Everything lights up red or is off.It's all written on the front.
It's a bit mote tricky if you used song mode.
Good luck.
59burst

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I have to be in song mode to cut and paste my patterns?

Example:

1 bar clic intro, pattern 1, pattern 1, pattern 2, pattern 1, pattern 3, pattern 1??
thesigma

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not really cut and paste, but basically yes, if you want it done automatically song mode is the way to go. Song mode is basically a 'pattern sequencer" you tell it which pattern to play each "step". so if you want 1,1,1,2,3,2,4....etc song position 1=peattern 1, 2=1, 3=1, 4=2, 5=3, 6=2,7=4....etc.... dont forget to write the song. Now the fun part is after that you can live record knob movements over the song, I think it will record mutes and notes as well but I don't use the song mode much honestly.

Otherwise you do it manually in pattern mode by turning the big dial, or you can use Pattern Set mode and assign patterns to the step keys which you can then change by pressing the step keys (in pattern set mode).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: