Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Minilogue noise sound

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STM

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:48 pm    Post subject: Minilogue noise sound Reply with quote

Hi there,

When the Miniloque is on and not played on I can hear a noise sound through my monitors.

Does anybody know what the problem can be?

Thx in advance!

Steve
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on the type of noise, but there's a decent chance the answer is "analog goodness from the days of yore".

Is it your only synth doing this? Have you tried using a different wall socket, or putting a DI between synth and mixer?
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try disconnecting the usb cable if any attached.
Emmanuel G.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my minilogue is also noisy, a little bit, but on many tracks it becomes noticeable.

I know on my part, it may be electrical (I live in an old building, and I'm pretty sure the electrical network is not properly grounded here)

getting better jack cables did help a little bit tho

the delay will, however, noticeably increase the noise on higher settings
tim7

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The unbalanced outputs of the Minilogue are vulnerable to all sorts of interference. There are some things you can do to test if the noise is coming in from the mains:

- With the synth connected up as normal, listen on passive (non-amplified) headphones. Then disconnect everything from the synth except the power and headphones, and see if the noise level changes.

- Try running the synth from batteries (this means attaching a 4mm jack to a 9V battery clip -- watch the polarity!). Again, disconnect everything except the headphones.

If either of these improves the noise, it may be worth investing in a mains filter. If the grounding is suspect then an isolation transformer may help.
Boom-Q

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tim7 wrote:
The unbalanced outputs of the Minilogue are vulnerable to all sorts of interference. There are some things you can do to test if the noise is coming in from the mains:

- With the synth connected up as normal, listen on passive (non-amplified) headphones. Then disconnect everything from the synth except the power and headphones, and see if the noise level changes.

- Try running the synth from batteries (this means attaching a 4mm jack to a 9V battery clip -- watch the polarity!). Again, disconnect everything except the headphones.

If either of these improves the noise, it may be worth investing in a mains filter. If the grounding is suspect then an isolation transformer may help.

hi, i have significant noise too, though it is white noise, not like an ungrounded hum. maybe i have 'dirty' power? (old house too)

would one of these work? the polarity should be good?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/niceEshop-Pack-5-5mm-Battery-Connector/dp/B00DSKA2XE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1469185905&sr=8-2&keywords=9v+battery+clip+4mm
diegomontana

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:21 pm    Post subject: Minilogue noise problem Reply with quote

Hi
I've got the same isuue.

Background noise through the headphones and jack.

Tried a few things, but nothing resolved the problem:

Only connected by headphones.
Ferrite clamshells
Different places (my home and the store where I bought it)
Usb was an issue too,increasing the noise,but when I used I different USB cable the extra noise disappeared, but the usual noise was still there...waiting for me...

After tried all of this, we checked out the korg mini ms20 at the store. With the korg ms20 mini there was no noise at all,nothing. After this test the guy from the store send it to the technical service (in Spain,where I live). 3 weeks later the Tec. Serv. Said that they didn't find anything wrong with the unit, so they send it back to the store.
The guy from the store is going to send it again to a higher level technical service in Spain.

At this moment I'm very disappointed with korg, cos the answer I was expecting, from a huge company like this, should be sending a new unit ( checking before that its OK).

I'm thinking about getting a monologue, but this issue is putting me off.

Well at this point, If anyone can help with this issue it will very much appreciated.

Thanks for your time
himster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject: Noise Minilogue Reply with quote

I had a noise problem... it came from the USB. Switching out the USB Hub to a different make and model made the difference.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: