Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loopman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:55 pm    Post subject: Need Help Reply with quote

Hello,
I'm looking for the best Korg synth to create evolving pads, soundscapes and everything related to a serious Ambient music. ( I have in my mind Richard Barbieri) , I'd need of a synth which allows me to create layers of evolving sounds,
also I would like to have two possibilities:
1) a seamless sound switching between the Korg synth internal sounds
2) To be able to change performances/songs seamlessly without any cut-off in envelope or effects, because my Main Target is to end one song/performance and to start another without stopping

Am I dreaming? There is a similar Korg synth into the reality?

Let me know all your suggestions and Ideas

Thank You Very Much
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Closest is Kronos. It has by far the most sound design possibilities and several good ambient soundsets readily available.
It does seamless soundswitching from one sound to another. If you switch to a third, the first cuts off. Mostly that's not a problem, but since it's important to you I thought I'd mention it. No other synth does anything better (or even as good) by the way.
It doesn't allow you to switch freely between performances and songs during playback but it does allow you to run a song and while it's running, switch the "active track" (the one or ones you're playing). With sixteen midi tracks and sixteen audio tracks, this can get you pretty far. Again, no other hardware synth does anything better.

EDIT: By the way, none of these features are in any way possible on an "analog synth" so I'm not sure why you posted in this forum?

Last edited by SanderXpander on Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:19 am; edited 3 times in total
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep SanderXpander is right on as always!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I notice you have posted questions about the Radias elsewhere on this forum.

I agree with Sander re Kronos, although adding a Radias to a Kronos adds to the sonic possibilities. Quiklok do some useful rack mounts e.g. the RS/10 which is table mounted, although they also do a floor mounted stand that could allow rack mounted synths/mixers/MIDI switches and the like to be mounted separately but conveniently behind a keyboard, such as the Kronos, on a keyboard stand.

Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been looking at standtastics arms and rack mounts, they seem fairly universal with some uni strut type stuff we use in the electrical world.
loopman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip,
the Quiklok RS/10 seems to be good for the Radias, but It's table mounted, I'm looking for a rack stand like the RS/10 to be mounted on a regular Z or X stand, like the Quiklok QL-642 or Z-71 or WS-421 too.

Maybe two of the StandTastic rack mount kits should work fine with a regular keyboard stand?

Any further suggestions?
Thank you so much
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: