Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RH3 Japan boards always better?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpweis01

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:49 pm    Post subject: RH3 Japan boards always better? Reply with quote

Hey everyone, I'm currently trying to purchase to Korg Sv-1 73BK and have been reading about all these problems with the older RH3 keybed. I've found a few used ones in what appears to be pretty decent condition but am curious about something: I've found some that have an "RH3 from Japan" sticker on them but still appear to have gaps between the B/C and E/F keys in the photos. I can't go and try them out in person before I buy (I'm mainly looking online, etc..) so my question is do you all think these will still have the improved RH3 keybed despite these gaps? Or do the gaps imply more about which type it is than the actual sticker. Any input would be appreciated, thanks!
Akos Janca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, my SV-1 73 BK is almost four years old, it has the "RH3 keybed from Japan" sticker. There are slightly bigger distances at all BCs and EFs. I bought it brand new, I'm using it regularly but not every day.

The unevenness is so small that I didn't recognize it until I saw a post much later here on the forum. Now I checked my old photos - it was there from the beginning. Measuring now, the usual gaps between the white keys are approx. 1 mm, while the bigger gaps (BC, EF) are 1.5 mm. So, it's a tiny difference only and it never caused any problems. Playing the SV-1 has always been a joy.
jpweis01

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks for your reply! Good to hear cuz I've been reading a LOT of stuff about different problems w/ the keybeds on these boards that have made me nervous to purchase one, especially used. But it definitely fits my wants/needs for a "piano board". So just to be clear, despite those (barely noticeable) gaps you haven't had any of the problems w/ notes cutting out & broken keys that plagued a lot of the older style SV-1s?
Akos Janca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, I never had any problems with my SV-1. I have been using it normally.

But I think to buy a used instrument without trying it is risky.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: