Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

track status confusion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stalian87

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:26 pm    Post subject: track status confusion Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I'm very new to the kronos 2 and this is probably a silly question but here goes:

in combi mode, if I set one of the track's status to INT (which is default) the keyboard shouldn't transmit any midi data out...well this is what the manual states. But whatever I do, the kronos sends out midi data. why is that? is this only for karma tracks? or am I simply being stupid?

Thanks,
Sal
voxg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sal, the Kronos always sends MIDI output on the global channel. It will also send on other channels for additional timbres that are EXT/2 or BOTH.

What I do when I'm using my Kronos to control other synths is that I set them to a different channel. If it's a multi-timbral synth, I mute channel 1 (the global channel on my Kronos). That way, channel 1 is ignored by the other synth(s), but I can still control 15 channels of external timbres as needed.
stalian87

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, gotcha. Thanks very much! I knew it'll be simple! Smile
geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I used my Triton to run a computer set of VST's that Global Channel MIDI was a problem. I ended up changing the Global Channel to 16. I tend to work from channel 1 and upwards. Channel 1 is my piano channel from my controller that defaults to ch 1.

Changing the global channel has no effect on what plays internally in the Kronos. By default, Global Channel is selected and the Kronos doesn't care which channel that is. Changing the Global channel does effect what is transmitted.

I just re-integrated the computer to the Kronos and determined I had to set the receive channel in the VST to a channel other that the Global Channel. I switched it to channel 15 and now it communicates properly. This was because the VST has 128 programs and I work from the setlist. That limited me to only 16 program changes as I only need the first page. I move setlist slots around every week and needed the VST program to be tied to the Combi, not the Setlist slot. Changing the Global channel allowed me to set a timber in the combi to select any of 128 programs.

Geo
N.I. Komplete 11, Omnisphere 2, VB-3.
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Yamaha P-80 Weighted Keyboard. NanoPad2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: