Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sample Overwrite

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Depeche Moog

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:45 pm    Post subject: Sample Overwrite Reply with quote

Hi guys, hopefully someone can help. I recently bought an Extreme second hand and started sampling / creating combi's etc only then realized that the original sound bank had been altered. I was wondering if there is a way to get it back to factory preset (which I know how) but keep Combination Bank N (which has all my multisamples / Combi patches that i have created intact???
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A combination can't access multisamples directly so you must have a custom program bank somewhere as well.

You need to save a PCG file, easiest is to just save all banks to a custom file. Then load the factory PCG file. Next, open (not load) your backup PCG and navigate inside until you have selected your combi bank N. Now click load and you'll be prompted for a location - you can put it in any empty combi bank you like. Do the same thing for your program bank that has the multisample stuff in it, but be aware that if you change the bank from where it used to be, you'll need to adjust your combis.
Depeche Moog

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
A combination can't access multisamples directly so you must have a custom program bank somewhere as well.

You need to save a PCG file, easiest is to just save all banks to a custom file. Then load the factory PCG file. Next, open (not load) your backup PCG and navigate inside until you have selected your combi bank N. Now click load and you'll be prompted for a location - you can put it in any empty combi bank you like. Do the same thing for your program bank that has the multisample stuff in it, but be aware that if you change the bank from where it used to be, you'll need to adjust your combis.

Thank you Sander, I will give it a go
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: