Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg keybed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackvine

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 1:59 am    Post subject: Korg keybed Reply with quote

It is horrible. Legato comes to easy: It's hard to play so that the attacks are heard on each note in a fast run. You get slurs when you don't want them. Not cool.
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Do you encounter it on all programs?

It can be that you selected a program which is in mono mode, meaning one single voice is sounding all the time. Even worse, if the trigger type of a mono voice is set to single, the slightest overlap of notes, may even skip the attack phase of the AMP EG.

-> reconfigure the program to poly mode,
-> if you want to keep it in mono mode, try to set the trigger type to multi.

Bye
blackvine

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do I do any of this? What page of the manual is this on? All I want to do is play right now. I want the notes to come off right. I have no idea on what to do. Nothing said so far lead to the results. How do I set the triggering? How do I set the poly? This is so counter intuitive it sucks! MY GOD.
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

p35 of the manual. In the menu system:
* p03 Voice, Parameter A: assign for choosing between mono/poly.
* p03 Voice, Parameter D: trigger type: single or multi in case you've chosen mono in the assign mode.
You can also try decrease the attack time and reduce the sustain level of the amp EG a bit.

You will need to study the manual carefully and experiment with the different parameters to understand how the sound engine works and generates its sounds. It is definitely a NOT a 'play-right-away' synth. It is a virtual analog, hence the huge amount of parameters and steep learning curve. It becomes 'play-right-away' once you created and tweaked your own set of programs to your own taste. If you can not find yourself doing that, then consider looking for another synth, although that one will also come with a lot of parameters to tweak...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: