Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems adding tracks in sequencer mode
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
myanowitz

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:19 pm    Post subject: Problems adding tracks in sequencer mode Reply with quote

I like to compose by playing a piano program along with the preset drum beat.

After I come up with a riff, I press enter and record to quickly move to the sequencing mode.

I'm able to record the riff.. However, when I try to record additional tracks (like a bass line), oftentimes the original track seems to get lost).

(BTW, I do click locate to ensure the sequencer goes back to the beginning of the track).

What am I doing wrong?
What's the easiest way to :
noodle on a piano program with the preset playing,
record the piano riff along with the drum preset,
record a bass line
keven108

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what the problem could be. I tried recording a second track after opening the sequencer via quick set up and it recorded fine without having to make any adjustments.

You might want to check the manual (if you haven't already), for some good info on how to work with the sequencer, or check the video tutorials for a quick step by step guide.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you also pressing record and write from program mode for setting up the bass line as well? I wonder if that will displace the orignal piano track set up like that.

When i find a program or combi to record, I go to sequencer mode and drop down the top right screen selection tab and select "copy from program" or "copy from combi". It automatically opens up to the last program or combi opened in those modes. Then you can set up tracks that way.
I also do it the hard way by entering the track and pulling up the sound banks and scrolling through them to search and audition right in the track.

Try doing the piano track they way you are doing it and then try doing the bass track the way i described doing it via the drop down tab optins.
Some times the multiple options for getting the same results are not mere redundancies but one option is a way to get around limitations the other option has.
Jetwoman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Question about copying combi to sequencer Reply with quote

I copied a combi to sequencer and then wanted to add another track with another instrument sound. I added the track and selected the sound, but the sound won't play. I just can't figure out what I am doing wrong. I went back to the combi and tried to add another sound to that, and it seems that the same thing is happening. I obviously am doing something wrong but cannot figure out what it is...whether editing in combi or in a combi copied to sequencer mode. Thanks for any help.
Schmooster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you 'copy from combi' it fills tracks 1-8 or 2-16, if you have added a '2nd' track (to track 2) then you've changed the combi parameters. You can ONLY add MIDI or Audio tracks to unused combi tracks in the sequencer - is what you're doing, or are you over-writing tracks with data in them? It could be automation data which may explain the total loss of sound. Programs should only fill one track but this may not be the case if you also copy the drum track along with it.
If you go to track edit you can see which tracks contain data, then name them accordingly. Be wary of effects routing also if you've opted to copy that across with combi's.
Jetwoman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject: Adding tracks to combi copied to sequencer Reply with quote

Tracks 1-7 are the combi I am copying to sequencer. I want to add another sound using track 8. I am trying to do this with the copied combi in sequencer. I assign the instrument to track 8 but when I try to play it, no sound comes out. Can't figure out what is going on? Should I be able to with a combi that has been copied into sequencer?
keven108

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried going to Track Parameter tab and set the status to INT and assigned the midi channel to one that is not being used?
Jetwoman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:27 am    Post subject: Copying combi to sequencer Reply with quote

Yes. I tried that. Didn't make any difference. I also muted all the tracks and played them one by one and some of the other assigned tracks didn't play. I will try to contact Korg support. Maybe they can help. I wish there was a really good how to manual for this. Do you know of any?
keven108

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, no, sure don't.
MrSteveVee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya,

I'm still new to the Kronos so bear that in mind. I Did these steps and it appears to work ok. Note This is Kronos 2 latest 3.1 operating system

1) Pick a combi
2) Press Enter and record to switch Combi to sequencer record
3) switched on Karma and Drum track buttons
4) Recorded a few bars
5) Switch off Karma and Drum beat buttons
6) Play to check if all ok

At this point after the record look at Play/Rec->Midi Prog/Mixer tab. You will see some tracks set to record, Some set to play and some set to mute. The recorded are what was the tracks you recorded to, the play are the Karma tracks routed from the key input

Assuming that your initial recording was perfect, lets assume you want to add another track with a new instrument. We cannot use any tracks that we recorded on and we cannot use any that was used by Karma therefore we can only use one of the muted tracks

7) Switch all the tracks set as Rec to play otherwise you will record over your initial recording

you will now have all tracks set to either play or mute

8 ) Switch the first Mute track to rec
9 ) select the instrument you want to use either manually or copy from prog etc
10) Go to the track Parameter->Midi Tab
11) Switch the track status you have chosen from Off to Int
12) Go back to the Play/Rec->Midi Prog/Mixer Tab
13) select the track to play on. This is the box at the top of the screen , third row down that probably states Midi track 01:Midi track 01. Use the little arrow, this will open up the drop down, select the midi track you have chosen to record on
14) Play a note and you will only hear your new instrument (if not you have missed as step)
15) press the rec/write and then start recording, your previously recorded stuff will play and you can play and record the new instrument
16) Repeat 8-15 for each new instrument

hope this helps

Steve V
Jetwoman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Adding tracks to combi copied to sequencer Reply with quote

Can you add a new track to a pre set combi in combi mode? It appears to take the program, but no sound comes out. I will try your copy to sequencer step by step and try it there. But would also like to know if preset combis can add program to unused track.
pete.m

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obvious stuff, I know, but have you left the record mode on 'overwrite', rather than switching to 'overdub'?
Jetwoman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Copying combi to sequencer and editing combis Reply with quote

Mr. Steve your suggestion worked! I can do that in either combi mode or sequencer and the instrument sound came through. What I wasn't doing was copying from the Program. And mabe some of your other steps. Thanks!
Jetwoman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject: Copying combi to sequencer and editing combis Reply with quote

I get mixed up between overdub and overwrite. I believe I tried it on both but will make note.
Sonic Bodhi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrSteveVee wrote:
Hiya,

I'm still new to the Kronos so bear that in mind. I Did these steps and it appears to work ok. Note This is Kronos 2 latest 3.1 operating system

1) Pick a combi
2) Press Enter and record to switch Combi to sequencer record
3) switched on Karma and Drum track buttons
4) Recorded a few bars
5) Switch off Karma and Drum beat buttons
6) Play to check if all ok

At this point after the record look at Play/Rec->Midi Prog/Mixer tab. You will see some tracks set to record, Some set to play and some set to mute. The recorded are what was the tracks you recorded to, the play are the Karma tracks routed from the key input

Assuming that your initial recording was perfect, lets assume you want to add another track with a new instrument. We cannot use any tracks that we recorded on and we cannot use any that was used by Karma therefore we can only use one of the muted tracks

14) Play a note and you will only hear your new instrument (if not you have missed as step)
15) press the rec/write and then start recording, your previously recorded stuff will play and you can play and record the new instrument
16) Repeat 8-15 for each new instrument

hope this helps

Steve V

Okay, but when I play a note I get the new instrument along with the last voice of the combi- so how do I get around that??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: