Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pay attention on this OS bug !!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 2:43 pm    Post subject: Pay attention on this OS bug !!! Reply with quote

As first I let you know that if you alter any in MENU/Style Controls/Fill Mode settings and then "write Current Style Settings"
(unlocked icon) then those settings are not ever saved !!!

Pay attention on this OS bug !!!

- While in STYLE Play you goto MENU/Style Controls and click on "unlocked" icon in case you want to lock these settings
(that actually can't be saved ) then Pa4X will freeze until you restart it !
- After Pa4X restarts and you try to pick any style to play (factory or User) then Pa4X freezes again and seems that can't
be recoverer without a factory Restore ...

Do Not Panic ... Your Set hasn't been destroyed and do the following to recover Pa4X functionality :

After restarting Pa4X , by default a style has been saved as "My Setting" so before doing anything goto MENU/Style Controls
unlock icon next to Brk setting and done ...

Never touch this icon again until Pa4X OS is fixed , since this lock acts as "Global" and not as "Current Style" setting !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Antony
This "freeze" bug has been reported and is part of a fairly long set of posts in another topic.
We have established that this does not happen on all PA4X keyboards.

So this could be a hardware problem which I am sure Korg is now aware of if they read our posts.

Cheers
Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
This "freeze" bug has been reported and is part of a fairly long set of posts in another topic.
We have established that this does not happen on all PA4X keyboards.

Pete , my reference is only for recovering from this issue , this is a strictly OS v1.2 bug , happens to any
Pa4X (OS v1.2) owner I know so far and can be easily tried by everyone , just following the steps as described
above , since now we all are aware of antidote Wink

karmathanever wrote:
this could be a hardware problem
If that could be even the slightest possibility , then this would be a real bad luck for all ...

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Antony

As per mine and other members posts regarding this - this problem does not occur on every PA4X.
My PA4X does not freeze and I have tried several permutations of lock/unlock/global lock etc..etc.. in style controls - no freeze - no problem.

I too hope that it is not a hardware problem but it DEFINITELY is not a bug on every PA4X.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete , yes it happens to any Pa4X OSv1.2 with specific Global settings and this is the way I can reproduce it to some
SN close to mine AFAIK , I will upload later here Global file in a Global.SET that might help KorgPa to address it !

karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Antony, yes please do - I would like to know the GLOBAL settings.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
Daveg181

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reporting in another thread that my Pa4X was not freezing, this evening I switched on my keyboard and before I did anything else followed Antony's instructions above, low and behold the keyboard froze after switching the Fill Mode lock on and tried to change to another Style. As Antony states above if you restart your keyboard and unlock the lock before you do anything else then the keyboard does not freeze.

All I had done from reporting it was OK on the other post up until today, was to copy an MP3 onto my hard drive, make a songbook entry with the MP3 file, then saved a copy of the Rock Piano sound into User Bank 1 to have a slightly altered sound. I did this at the weekend, turned off my keyboard and had not switched it on again until tonight.

So trying to backtrack, I deleted the sound in User 1 and deleted the songbook entry but this didn't make any difference, it was still freezing.

Finally, I did a factory restore of the Global setting only and this put me back to the point I was at the weekend and no longer freezes, even if I switch the Fill Mode lock on or off I can change Styles. Also, if I follow the steps I did earlier I cannot reproduce the freeze again, its baffling me. Confused

Hope it helps.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daveg181 with factory shipped Global file Pa4X do not freeze ...

EDIT
For anyone & KorgPa OS developers that want to address this freezing issue , do the following :
- Download this file http://bit.ly/24saH26 where Test Global.SET & factory global.SET are included.
- Load "Test Global.SET" (only clear SETUP.GBL 6KB file)
- Goto MENU/Style Controls and click on "unlocked" icon to change at lock state and exit.
- All seem to work fine at present moment until you restart your Pa4X , then it will freeze when you
pick any style no matter of times you will restart Pa4X untill you follow my initial instructions.
- As last restart after your experiment , load included "factory global.SET" and your factory Global
settings will be restored.
- Goto MENU/Style Controls and unlock back icon by pressing it.
- Done

Also I repeat Fill Mode settings are not saved in style settings with unlocked icon
fill mode is still totally useless !

karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 2:26 am    Post subject: Testing the freeze Reply with quote

THANKS Antony

Confirmed (of course)

So I reloaded my personal SET which works fine and simply ONLY changed the GLOBAL style locks to match your TEST and it freezes!!!
I experimented with these locks but couldn't get SETUP.GBL to load - THAT FROZE TOO!!!

Factory restore did the trick.

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME WITH THIS - it will be great help to getting it fixed.

JUST A WARNING TO ANYONE WILLING TO TEST THIS:-
PERFORM A FULL BACKUP FIRST!! PARTICULARLY IF YOU HAVE CHANGED FACTORY STYLES.
I experimented with the global style locks and ended up where my PA4X would NOT load my safe SETUP.GBL - the load actually froze.
SO... BE PREPARED TO PERFORM A FACTORY RESET (NOT OS RELOAD!!!).

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete your Pa4X froze after loading your Global file because you didn't follow my last step to unlock icon there !
There is no need to proceed at Factory Restore and loose your SET , just load the factory global.SET I uploaded
and unlock icon , that's all , and all Pa4X users read my initial post to prevent this from happening !

karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This doesn't quite match what is happening on my PA4X but I have managed to get my PA4X to freeze - which is good as I was scared of a more sinister issue!!!
This at least means we all have the same issue.

I will perform more tests later.

Following your above suggestions, I chose to try and freeze my PA4X using my current SETs (not currently causing any freeze problems)
To freeze my PA4X, all I had to do was change the GLOBAL>>Menu>>General>>Lock "Style" locks to match your GLOBAL test SET (nothing else anywhere was changed neither did I use your "TEST" set) - I only changed GLOBAL>>Menu>>General>>Lock style locks in my own SET.
The freeze worked perfectly on reboot.
I did not have to change the STYLE MODE>>Menu>>Style controls>> FILL MODE lock at all.

My PA4X was not originally freezing at all even changing Style Mode>>Menu>>Style Controls (FILL mode) lock in style mode and the GLOBAL STYLE lock "FILL" - any combination did not freeze my PA4X.
I am still trying to figure out which GLOBAL lock (or combination) is causing the freeze.
There are a few permutations to go through yet.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any of these bugs are officially confirmed yet? Is it possible to create a clean thread on reported problems that are identified so far and lock it? So users won't be able to clog it with personal opinions, emotions and such? There's plenty of those going on and honestly it's extremely confusing ....

Then Pete can update the thread as more problems are found.

karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea Sam - the "bug reporting list" topic has gotten too out of hand.

Pete Very Happy

(PM sent)
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
"bug reporting list" topic has gotten too out of hand.

Every bug reporting list will be out of hand for two fundamental reasons :
- Nobody must comment others findings (especially simple End-users)
- Only genuine owners of Pa4X should be allowed to post there and only their findings.
Only by this way a topic can really help KorgPa OS developers to address all valid bugs !
All users that bought Pa4X are essentially supporting KorgPa just only by this action , therefore the pretending of
defending Korg has no meaning there !

BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:
Any of these bugs are officially confirmed yet? Is it possible to create a clean thread on reported problems that are identified so far and lock it? So users won't be able to clog it with personal opinions, emotions and such? There's plenty of those going on and honestly it's extremely confusing ....

Then Pete can update the thread as more problems are found.

+1
Pete, please do it... Very Happy

AntonySharmman wrote:
Quote:
Every bug reporting list will be out of hand for two fundamental reasons :
- Nobody must comment others findings (especially simple End-users)
- Only genuine owners of Pa4X should be allowed to post there and only their findings.
Only by this way a topic can really help KorgPa OS developers to address all valid bugs !
All users that bought Pa4X are essentially supporting KorgPa just only by this action , therefore the pretending of
defending Korg has no meaning there !

+1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: