Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I CAN'T UNDERSTAND IT.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RC

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 5:42 pm    Post subject: I CAN'T UNDERSTAND IT. Reply with quote

After reading all of the complaints and bug issues, on the Pa4x, I have to put my two cents worth in. Look at my post on the Pa3x site "LCD SCREEN WENT BLANK". I am waiting for a part for 7 Mos from Korg. Cannot use it.
Buying a Pa4x is like going to a car dealer he says I will sell you this car at full price. It has a v8 engine but only four cylinders are working, The transmission is a five speed but only three gears are working. You pay me full price and we will fix it later on. In the mean time you drive it the way it is. I'm sorry but after the trouble I have had with the 3x, Reading the complaints on the 4x I CAN'T UNDERSTAND IT. If I offended anyone I'm Sorry but at this point I am so frustrated with Korg I had to get my opinion in.
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 3:09 am    Post subject: no parts Reply with quote

RC , I feel bad for you ,,
you are right, the pa3x had it all , the pa4x has great sound but the OS is like the pa800 OS 1.0 ,,,,I was the same as you , I need a sound board for my Pa3x and korg did not have any , or any repair shop , everone said we have , but still no sound board ,but like you 7 Mos later no parts for your LCD screen ,I think one year from now if I had to get a part for my pa4x , it will be the same ,we don't have that part any more ,my next move is to buy the voicelive 3 ( then I wount lose all the thing I use in the harmony ,korg keep takeing thing away )and just get one of the cheep keyboard like pa600 ,look a pa600 is $1100.00 and a voicelive 3 is $500.00 now I have $1600.00 and when the keyboard brake down , I wount be able to get parts for so I can get one more new Pa600 and still save money,and the voicelive will still have all the stuff I need in it ,, i am not happy anymore,this will be my last high end keyboard from korg, so RC what do you do now wait for how long, please tell us if you get the part, the pa3x is discontinued products,it just now on the web site now,, look we can get parts for it ,,
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear RC - I reckon your dealer should replace it!!!

Good luck...

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we will fix it later on. In the mean time you drive it the way it is.

RC thats it in a nutshell, I am in contact with my distributor about all this, simply its not good enough and I am starting to loose patience with Korg especially given that their Tech Support seem not to want to answer their customers, its band enough being bogged by this various issues but to ignore your customers is Bad Form
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys - this keyboard has a warranty and if parts are not available in a reasonable amount of time then surely you have a right to "full replacement" or refund.

Hope you get it resolved soon.

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
RC

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Keyboard has a one year warranty which has expired. Therefore you have no rights. Here in the USA the only people you have to rely on in Korg USA. They are sanctioned by Korg to be their representative. They have a monopoly here because they are the only persons that you can obtained the parts from. I would imagine that Korg no longer has parts for the3x because it has been discontinued. They have to rely on someone else to make the parts. Korg USA advised that the parts are coming from Asia somewhere. However in a seven month period I could have swam there got the part and swam back.
Dmkeys

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two separate issues that you are raising here.

1) The availability of spare parts/time it takes to get them
2) Korg USA customer support

In my experience, both of these are bad and need Korg's attention. In fact, after having a PA2X and PA3X, I was so unhappy with both that I resolved to switch to a Tyros 5. But, then I went and sat behind the Tyros 5 76 and discovered that the physical size of the unit was just too big, and would present problems both in transportation and in some smaller venues, where it simply would take up too much space.

With regard to obtaining spare parts... I've spoken to authorized Jorg techs, and they have the same complaint. Apparently, Korg does not keep enough parts in the USA, and ships parts via boat, along with their instrument shipments, which take months to arrive. As a working pro, if the motherboard on my PA3X fails, as happened, I much prefer to pay FedEx shipping from Europe or even Japan, rather than waiting extra months for the part to arrive by boat. I'm not alone on this. It's just bad customer service. Similarly, when the LED lights on my PA2X failed, a known issue due to a bad parts supplier, I shouldn't have to wait months for the replacements to arrive.

With regard to Technical support/customer service...

IN each of these cases, I reached out to Korg USa, and received a response or two, so I know that they were receiving my messages, but then they simply stopped responding to emails. In the case of my PA3X, as the motherboard was failing and it was exhibiting increasingly unstable behavior, I sent several messages describing changing behavior, and asking for help, which, after their initial response, were ignored.

I've since switched to the PA4X, but the lack of the promised Songbook editor, even so many months after release, and the lack of communication about it, is not leaving me confident that Korg USA understands the importance of good communication.

I'm generally happy with the improvements in the PA4X thus far, but I've been waiting for the "imminent" release of the editor to hopefully be able to organize/transfer my style banks; something that will take many hours manually, and involve lots of "record keeping" while doing so. However, due to said lack of communication, I have no idea if the editor will even allow me to do that when it is released. And, the fact that there won't be a Mac version is also annoying.

I'm hoping Korg becomes more customer friendly to arranger players in the UAS, but thus far am not seeing any signs of that happening.
mstodola

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the way Support works in Italy. I also have a General Music SK76. Getting support for that keyboard was impossible. They kept changing the operating system with updates but if you had a problem emailing them or calling them was a waste of time. They would never even once reply. If I needed a part, it was a deep black hole. I'm wonder if Korg bought up General Music. Feels the same.
Bernie9

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, at least the Song Editor is here.
Hammond SK1
stephenm52

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bernie9 wrote:
Well, at least the Song Editor is here.

Plus one!! Smile
kenackr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RC,

Is the Official Korg Protocol to contact the Korg distributor in the country you live in or Italy? I don't know and I'm not ashamed of asking. Just wondering if you were talking to the horse's mouth or his tail, being made in Italy and all.

Could there be a communication problem there?
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mstodola wrote:
It's the way Support works in Italy. I also have a General Music SK76. Getting support for that keyboard was impossible. They kept changing the operating system with updates but if you had a problem emailing them or calling them was a waste of time. They would never even once reply. If I needed a part, it was a deep black hole. I'm wonder if Korg bought up General Music. Feels the same.

So typicall for Italy....

Same goes for Ketron, Physis/Viscount and studiologic... They are all renown just like General Musik for their bad support.... Which makes the rest of the world think three times before buying Italian instrumenst...

Seems tough that Crumar/Gsi is an exception to this rule...
Hungnguyen

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone of you try to buy Korg's Parts from this website?

http://www.guitar-parts.com/catalog/korg/korg-touch-screens-lcds
Paolo@Korg
Korg Italy

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Please do not contact Korg Italy for replacement parts, because we don't manage them. Replacement parts are to be asked through your Distributor and their Technical Service. Unfortunately, I can't check and see why times are so long for this particular issue.

Paolo
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I e-mailed Korg Canada a few weeks ago about replacement contact switches for my ec-5 pedal. I got a prompt response, but was told they no longer have any.

They suggested for me to buy a new ec-5 pedal. I don't think so. That would be like buying a new pair of shoes because the laces broke on my current ones.

I don't think they should be anything too unusual, so maybe a hunt around a few computer repair shops will turn some up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: