Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with Transferring Styles to Pa4X

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 10:28 pm    Post subject: Problem with Transferring Styles to Pa4X Reply with quote

Hi,
I am transferring some styles that are from Pa3X and Pa900.
I did transfer some of them successfully but I am stuck with 2 styles.

I have 2 styles from Pa3X and Pa900 that do not play/sound correctly after transferring into Pa4x.
The style from Pa3X plays/sound correctly when it's loaded from the whole SET into Pa4x and the style from Pa900 plays correctly in my Pa900.

Here is the procedure that I am doing exactly for transferring both styles into my Pa4X:
1- From my Flash Drive, open the Pa900 SET > open Style folder > Select the style (for example Style A) > Load it.

2- Open Sound folder > Open UserDK.PCG > Select/Load the appropriate sounds (I use the "Korg Pa Manager's Report" for detecting what sounds the Style Tracks are using).

3- Going to Style Record mode > Assign the appropriate sounds to the Drum and Percussion Tracks > Write the Style > Exit the Style Record mode > Play the Style but it does not sound correctly.

I did successfully the same procedure for transferring some other styles from Pa3X and Pa900 set but not for these 2 mentioned styles.
I would appreciate it if somebody can explain what's going on or am I missing any steps.
Thanks.
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone experienced this issue about transferring styles?
I really need to fix this problem because I am very dependent for my job to these styles.
I am wondering if this is not a bug, but not sure.
@Paolo, please help if you read this post, you are the only person we have here from Korg.
Appreciate any reply or info.
Thanks
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with Transferring Styles to Pa4X Reply with quote

BR wrote:
The style from Pa3X plays/sound correctly when it's loaded from the whole SET into Pa4x

If that style plays normal when you have loaded the whole "SOUND" file , then you have missed sounds
that participate in style tracks ! easy to realize and definitely not any bug there !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with Transferring Styles to Pa4X Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
BR wrote:
The style from Pa3X plays/sound correctly when it's loaded from the whole SET into Pa4x

If that style plays normal when you have loaded the whole "SOUND" file , then you have missed sounds
that participate in style tracks ! easy to realize and definitely not any bug there !

Thanks AntonySharmman for your reply.
I was guessing the same thing that the reason could be some missing samples.

Now I am wondering why some samples are missing or not loaded when I load the appropriate PCG individually.

Isn't the PCG supposed to load all related samples if I am not mistaken, correct?

I had similar issue with some other styles in my Pa900 when I was trying to load individually some PCG's.
So I am trying to understand probably my procedure of transferring individually some styles is not correct in both keyboards and there may be another way to do it that I ignore.

Thanks for any explanation.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I repeat once again : If loading the whole SOUND file and style works properly then this automatically means
that all samples are loaded and that's a rule there , so what happens in your case ?
You are not loading all the required samples because you miss to partially load some sounds and when you
load a single sound only the relative of this sound samples are loaded not all PCM samples of SET !

I don't know if PCG manager's report list has all the required sounds of style tracks to guide you but you definitely
miss some of them ! (not to mention time-sliced samples)

I've loaded hundreds of very complex styles ,all with custom PCM resources from my Pa3X commercial packs
and never lost a single midi event or PCM sample in Pa4X up to now !

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
I repeat once again : If loading the whole SOUND file and style works properly then this automatically means
that all samples are loaded and that's a rule there![/b]

Thanks AntonySharmman for the explanation and clarification.
Since I am adding/transferring some styles to my existing set (in the Pa4X), does it overwrite my existing sounds if I load whole SOUND file for the transferred styles?
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that will overwrite and delete your existing sound banks !
You can never merge two or more SETs automatically in PaSeries , you have to manually load sounds
one by one to an existing SET , in vacant possitions and all sample references will be automatically loaded !

I suggest the following workflow to restore those 2 styles :
- Save your existing Pa4X SET
- Load all SOUND file and two styles from Pa3X SET that contains them
- Explore in Record mode all Intro/var/fills/Brake/Endings of those 2 styles and note all non factory sound references
- Load back your Pa4X SET , load those styles only from Pa3X SET
- Read your notes and browse Pa3X SET for all those custom sounds , opening each Sound Bank 1-4/DK and
load them one by one in empty positions (change possitions only if Bank possitions are occupied)
- Edit those 2 styles in record mode and assign the new sound possitions that were changed
- Done

BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
Yes that will overwrite and delete your existing sound banks !
Agree. This assures me that loading the whole Sound will delete my existing sound bank, thanks for confirmation.

Quote:
You can never merge two or more SETs automatically in PaSeries , you have to manually load sounds
one by one to an existing SET , in vacant possitions and all sample references will be automatically loaded !
Agree. This is exactly what I did so far, manually loading sounds in the vacant slot/location.

Quote:
- Explore in Record mode all Intro/var/fills/Brake/Endings of those 2 styles and note all non factory sound references
My procedure that I am doing write now is exactly like yours with the difference that I used "Korg Pa Manager" software to make
a Report of all Intro/Var/Fills/Brake/Endings of those 2 styles (It's number 2 in my previous post).

Let me just try your suggestion by bypassing the "Korg Pa Manager" software and using the Pa4X Style Record Mode and get back to you.
Thanks.
kenackr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BR

I'd be interested in hearing about what happens too. Please include me in your response.
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenackr wrote:
BR

I'd be interested in hearing about what happens too. Please include me in your response.
Sure, you are welcome to give your opinion.
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:

Explore in Record mode all Intro/var/fills/Brake/Endings of those 2 styles and note all non factory sound references

BR wrote:

Let me just try your suggestion by bypassing the "Korg Pa Manager" software and using the Pa4X Style Record Mode and get back to you.
Thanks.

I did go by taking note of the Tracks with samples of the style with its V1,2,3,4 and tried to load these sounds but unfortunately it did not sound correctly. I know this is because the samples are not loaded with PCG's but the thing I am not still convinced why the same procedure works for other styles but not for some of them although the later play correctly when they are loaded within their own set.
I've already experimented the transfer styles last year with my Pa900, at that time I did everything manually, took notes of all my style tracks, about 18 pages of A4 size paper and I transfered successfully 80% of the styles.
Anyway I spent too much time and gave up and will move on and find other 3ay to replace my missing styles.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BR wrote:
I am not still convinced why the same procedure works for other styles but not for some of them although the later play correctly when they are loaded within their own set.

This can happen in a badly developed set with messy multisamples , where either some same ID multisamples were overwritten
by a newer one and KSC container hasn't actually recorded the new used samples of those MS nor some MS share the same
samples or time-sliced samples (or frequently the existance of 'grayed" samples that can't loaded and dissorder the samples
sequence when MS is loaded) !!!
You can test this loading the whole ALL.SET and then in SOUND/RECORD/delete all unsused samples where then some styles will also
loose their track sound resources !
In that case those Styles can not recreated without loading ALL.SET or BKP file and the fault is charged exclusively to style creator and
not at Pa4X and unfortunately you have to correct faulty tracks of those styles manually and heal your SET !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: