Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is going on KORG???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Loudest

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bloomes wrote:
if i remember correctly you can also load an e2sSample.all file with "import sample". does it work?

Thank you very much!! I had totally missed that!!
it's a big new for me Shocked
Loudest

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bloomes wrote:
who is experienced in creating a petition? lets collect the 10-15 most important issues - maybe in an other thread?
i'm shure when this petition is spread over the internet, there are many users who will sign it!

a petition...
I asked for it everywhere since I bought my E2S and I understood that Korg
1) did a sloppy job with the firmware
2) do not count to improve it

I even have tried myself to contact directly the different services.
Silence.

I am glad to know the existence of #askkorg above (I did not knew)
perhaps we could take the opportunity for a mass mailing of requests, yes, indeed.

I am all for it, of course.

- copy/paste for bars
- 8 bars pattern
or at least no pattern gap when switching
- faster boot and loading times from SD card (e2s)
- follow the playback position on the pads
- blinking leds in Part Mute to know the tracks who actually play
- streaming for long one shot samples directly from the SD card (e2s)
- display the steps in the Step Jump mode
- ability to enter MIDI notes via an external MIDI keyboard in the Sequencer mode
- Add additional resolutions: "8 binary" for example (which could already give us 8 bars ... to 8th ..)
- Choose the record resolution
- more ergonomy :
direct access to step edit (double tap on sequencer for example..the button blinks when the mode is active)
same thing with "Part Erase": double tap on this button, it blink, and we can erase directly a track (instead of a progressive erasure who depend of the playback position)

to name but a few....

plus,
as far I am concerned, the use of the four buttons on the right as a momentary buttons for custom shortcuts would be pretty sweet...
like on this video:
https://youtu.be/LIJgzNoplv8
(16-bars patterns = dream
and the number of the current bar could be displayed dynamically on the screen)

as you can tell English isn't my first language so it can't be me who formulates all that...
Smile

Last edited by Loudest on Thu May 19, 2016 7:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
Loudest

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and of course :
release the SDK for the ES2/E2 (like for the Volca Sample) and make this open source so people can do some great apps for samples management, patterns editors etc.
thebiglebowski

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1_inch_punch wrote:
sure you arent a novation ring-in?

You are a perfect representation of the attitude which „inspired” me to call this forum a sad place.
thebiglebowski

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys,

Can we slow down and move this to a new thread where we can work on the petition draft and collect all of our requests?

Maybe we should divide them into two groups:
- Bug fixes
- New feature requests (and lets be realistic with those)

Edit: once again, for reference - the DSI Tempest petition:

https://www.change.org/p/dave-smith-help-make-the-tempest-a-priority-for-dave-smith-instruments
Loudest

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebiglebowski wrote:
once again, for reference - the DSI Tempest petition:
https://www.change.org/p/dave-smith-help-make-the-tempest-a-priority-for-dave-smith-instruments

indeed, it seems to be a more serious method like that
good idea Wink

who? where? when? how?
I'm in!
Very Happy
Exclamation
farfisa

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll sign the petition.

Re: #AskKorg

This was an Ask Tats session on Twitter, not Korg in general. There were a few Electribe questions. Tats is obviously in a different product group to the Electribe team. He was quite short on any E2/E2S responses, which I think is understandable. Not his problem. Although, imagine if his team took over Electribe development. I'm sure some well thought out features would be implemented or fixed.

My guess is Korg is a rather siloed company, with some cultural differences adding to the complexities. They make some excellent products, and some bizarre ones (Liverpool Professional Arranger - Looks like it's out of an Austin Powers movie, and I'm sure it sounds like it too!).

I think Twitter sessions like #AskKorg are great, however if you are going to open yourself up to a public forum, you must be ready to cop the good and the bad, and be genuinely responsive.

Re: Petition

Would be interesting to see how many people actually sign it. Put your money where your mouth is. Fingers crossed Korg does something. I won't be holding my breath.

I've made peace with my E2 for what it is. Hacked it to an E2S, lots of fun to play, really frustrating workflow. Reverted back to E2, bought a Volca FM and together they are wickedly fun. Added DJTT Chroma Caps and labeled the Shift functions, now heaps better.

BTW, I'm saving up for a Pioneer Toraiz, or if it sucks, an Octatrack. Unless Novation release a fully fledged Circuit Sampler (highly likely IMHO).

Cheers!
Cool
christeti

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a hacked Electribe 2 and much prefer it as the sampler now. I installed the blank system file and it is much more useable for my needs now. I was ready to sell it since I couldn't find much use for a lot of the goofy sounding patches. The device makes more sense to me if I can pitch shift samples and greatly alter the way they sound with all the effects/time stretching. I dont have much need for 20 different kick samples and horn clips. It is pretty perfect that I can just export a WAV file and import it to Pro Tools.

A guy who played on some record for my band now works at Korg so I sent him the thread to see what he thought. He told me he was going to forward it to some other people at Korg who might be able to help. So hopefully this works out.
Loudest

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad to hear all of that
maybe it will finally (!) move a little... Smile

I hope so.

Because with just several improvements (only in term of firmware) the E2 / E2S could go from the "pretty shitty boxes" status to "awesome tools"!

(I have never seen a device with a potential spoilt as that ...)
jpeg

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sampler is nice Im happy I sold my e2; its a nice machine but I would prefer to have had those sounds and filters integrated into the sampler.
Cade

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 9:41 pm    Post subject: thinking about starting a petition Reply with quote

I am considering starting a petition, and would like some input on the most needed changes for either (or both) units.

Post ideas for fixes/changes/additions here: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=688611#688611
Korg Electribe 2 Sampler, Keith McMillen Instruments K-Mix, Korg Volca Bass, Cyclone Analogic TT-303, Novation Ultranova, Roland System-1, Roland JP-08 Boutique, Roland SH-201, Focusrite Saffire PRO 14, Korg Gadget v3 on iPad Air, Reason 10 on ZenBook Pro
christeti

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone notice a popping sound when manipulating and playing back samples? This is even after I am using a sample I have cut and faded properly in Pro Tools. I will adjust the sample start with the knob on the unit that let you put the sample in reverse, etc. I keep running into the issue of the device making a clicking sound when the sample starts, much like when an audio file isn't correctly faded in a DAW. Any idea how to fix this, or if a more recent firmware update will fix this?

I tried searching for this on the forum and all I found was someone talking about headroom in the unit, which is not the right answer whatsoever for this problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: