Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How are you liking your Minilogue?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 2:10 pm    Post subject: How are you liking your Minilogue? Reply with quote

The title says it.

Also, has the Midi CC issue been fixed? I'm just wondering if this synth now just sitts on your stands and is left alone much? I have to admit that my King korg doesn't get nearly enough use. That's one of the things that's holding me back regarding getting a Minlogue.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
moho

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had mine for a month now and wish I could leave it on the stand but its just too easy to have fun with.
Not sure what Midi CC issue you refer to I love that nearly every control has a CC number and I used them to make a patch randomizer, not that its difficult to find new sounds its just that its too easy to get carried away while programing, spark up the drum machine start jamming and wave goodbye to 3 hours.
So all in all I think I'm liking my Minilogue a lot Very Happy
IanD

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got mine on Friday and not had enough time with it yet. So far I love how intuitive it is.
Also love the step sequencer, it reminds me of my old JX3P
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moho wrote:
Not sure what Midi CC issue you refer to

The issue in which MIDI CCs are assigned in a very non-standard fashion. For example CC1 (modwheel) is adjusting something else, rather than it being an assignable modulation source. Also no support for CC64 (sustain pedal) at all - again it's assigned to a completely different parameter.

And then there's the lack of arpeggiator latching (something a sustain pedal would be VERY helpful for!)...

Love the sound of Minilogue, and the price point, but some of these decisions are bonkers, dunno what they were thinking.
djcactus

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heck I cant even get my hands on a floor model at the local store because they sell out so fast. The guy told me they stay a floor model for a bout 20 minutes before they have to sell that too.

It doesn't say anything about the quality but it definitely says something about how sought after the piece of kit really is.
psalm37

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:37 pm    Post subject: Help Reply with quote

Does anyone have a sysex of the factory sounds or know where I can get one...urgently needed. Thanks.
millahjovich

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got mine on Friday and not had enough time with it yet. So far I love how intuitive it is.
BobTheDog
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IanD wrote:

millahjovich wrote:

Is there an echo here?
rsaintjohn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: How are you liking your Minilogue? Reply with quote

jeremykeys wrote:
Also, has the Midi CC issue been fixed?

The latest firmware update (1.2.1, from last week) has finally fixed the MIDI CC issue, by reassigning a bunch of them to other numbers. The ML now plays much nicer with other gear as a result.

Arpeggiator latch was also added.

Still no support for a Sustain Pedal, though.
KorgNeubie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely love it! It is a feature-packed synth and, although I'm new at this, the sounds it creates are amazing. I connected it to a low-end Yamaha keyboard and that has added flexibility. The most important thing is to download the Korg Librarian, which will allow for 3rd-party presets to be loaded. I do wish there were a sustain pedal option...I'm still searching and haven't given up. Otherwise, it's amazing!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: