Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Petition for Firmware Update for E2 and E2S
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMK wrote:
Latest feature vote count:

7 votes 4, 82
4 votes 1, 30, 60, 64
3 votes 9, 17, 48, 65, 76
2 votes 2, 8, 21, 28, 45, 46, 54, 67, 72, 74, 80

Alright, this completely gives us a full 22 based on how people voted on their top five new electribe features: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=104700

I corrected my post on this. 8 and 30 have been on my master list. I just forgot to add them in "here" in my post.
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

h.vel wrote:
Thanks for the breakdown, SMK...we need to count the votes at the end again.

I am just keeping an updated tally for everyone else who's curious.

We are now up to 22 features that got more than 1 vote. Possibly more, I just saw a new set of 5, I'll add up a new total when I see 4 more request posts or update in another day.

I'm guessing that those with only 2 votes will need to go through the poll system to weed out the least requested feature from that pool.

BTW I do agree with that request 1 and 82 are the same. Maybe we might want to take one of these out of the vote?
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
captain johnson

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a request for more on screen data/info?
h.vel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMK wrote:
I'm guessing that those with only 2 votes will need to go through the poll system to weed out the least requested feature from that pool.

I do not agree. Maybe 25 people voted in the poll, not much. But we can see a tendency.. So if there would have been more voters we would have much higher rates.

Additional: if Korg is really interested in this petition (wo knows?) and like to fix issues they have a great overview what people need. Maybe there will be a second update (who knows?)?

Anyways, our thoughts also could be helpful fur further projects (E3?). This petition is a lot of work, I think we shouldn't cut it extremely. Maybe a list of "top 15" - and a "common list" (with 15 requests)?

SMK wrote:
BTW I do agree with that request 1 and 82 are the same. Maybe we might want to take one of these out of the vote?

No, a song mode is not the same like a 8 bar pattern (it has been already discussed). The "pattern chain" request is the evolution of one of the biggest complainments ever: no 8 bar patterns. Since someone told here that the current 4 bar patterns are hard coded so 8 bars are not possible to implement, the request has changed in "pattern chain". Absolutely 2 different things! Maybe the 2 requests should be named (also to make it better understandable for Korg):

1. Song mode
82. 8 bar patterns (or at least pattern chaining)

Last edited by h.vel on Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:31 am; edited 3 times in total
h.vel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

captain johnson wrote:

Did you read the poll? Not so hard to find:

20. On-board Graphical Sample Editor
41. Revise display screen to display more information (knob values, FX info, etc) - minimum waveform representation on the screen - for quick editing (E2S)
76. When changing a parameter the display should show if the current value isn't the original value anymore (like on the EMX/ESX)

Though issue 41. already contains issue 20. Maybe issue 20 could be deleted and its votes go to 41.?
captain johnson

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

h.vel wrote:
captain johnson wrote:

Did you read the poll? Not so hard to find:

20. On-board Graphical Sample Editor
41. Revise display screen to display more information (knob values, FX info, etc) - minimum waveform representation on the screen - for quick editing (E2S)
76. When changing a parameter the display should show if the current value isn't the original value anymore (like on the EMX/ESX)

Though issue 41. already contains issue 20. Maybe issue 20 could be deleted and its votes go to 41.?

Yeah I did read it using my eyes, however the above seemed to be aimed at ESX which i dont use. cheers.
h.vel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

captain johnson wrote:
Yeah I did read it using my eyes...

It was not meant unfriendly. Peace.

I understand issue 41. as a common request (for E2 and E2S). The waveform representation is just a part of it. However, I guess it's better to vote for this (and maybe some other requests), than voting for nothing.
immon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again to all involved with this. I have voted for sure but I'll be happy with any improvements at all.

Anyway to my mind the whole point of this exercise is that by collating user requests (whatever they may be) we may be able to create a bit of momentum on social media by pushing our change.org plea. Its definitely worth a shot and i'll be resharing it once complete.

Very Happy
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't stop thinking of new fixes.

Who else here believe that we need that ability to export a complete pattern to wave?

85. Export current pattern to wave. This would be particularly helpful for those using the E2 to create sample sounds for their electribe sampler or of course make sounds in your sampler.

And the brain never shuts off...

for the Sampler,

86. Sample time selection. As part of regular options you can set how long the sampler records based on step length. For example; if you set the length to 1 the sampler would only sample 1 steps worth of sample time. If you set it to 8, it would be 8 steps worth. If you want 2 bars worth of sample time then you set the length to 32.

This would be so useful. Yet I keep forgetting about.
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
mihata

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When is the petition being released, shall we put a deadline for voting?
Cade

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mihata wrote:
When is the petition being released, shall we put a deadline for voting?

I thought I would wait another few days to see if there are any more votes. Essentially, it closes Friday, and it will have been a full 2 weeks.

I also wanted to see if Korg had any developments to the instrument at Summer Namm 2016 (this coming weekend), before finalizing.

I am working on the petition in this thread: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=691671
and welcome suggestions and comments.
Korg Electribe 2 Sampler, Keith McMillen Instruments K-Mix, Korg Volca Bass, Cyclone Analogic TT-303, Novation Ultranova, Roland System-1, Roland JP-08 Boutique, Roland SH-201, Focusrite Saffire PRO 14, Korg Gadget v3 on iPad Air, Reason 10 on ZenBook Pro
MaartenNl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mentioned this earlyer, but when playing around with the electribe this seems like a kind of bug:

87: when in one of the menus like groove depth, key, scale, groove type and some others; the display should NOT show any other value like when you turn level, pan, cutoff or another parameter, OR immediately switch back to the menu when hitting the main selection dial.

Some example problems: you can't increase level while simultaneously adding or removing groove depth.

You can't change cutoff and key simultaneously.

You can't change bar length (not sure what the name was, but its 1 - 16 steps) and change other values together.

I think groove settings and other settings in the menu where meant to just set right for each track and then leave it. But adjusting certain menu settings on the fly add a lot of new creative options to the electribe, like snare rolls, but changing cutoff and groove depth is not possible together...

I am sure there are some other menu functions that can be used live in the fly,mouth I can't recall them right now, I have to sleep..
Sulfur

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously it's late to add it to the list but there's another issue that I have been facing these days that is somewhat illogical for me and is related to the alternate function on pads 13-14 and 15-16.

I mean, you can enable or disable it, but in the first case why is it active even when the second part of the pair is muted? For example, I could wish to sequence a closed hi hat track on part 13 and occasionally would like to change some beats with an open hi-hat sequenced on part 14, but even if the latter is muted the former doesn't sound in the corresponding steps (i.e. the alternate 13-14 turned on mutes part 13 steps where part 14 steps are active even if this part is not playing). Obviously if you turn off alternate 13-14 you will end up having both hi-hats playing together when unmuted. So you should turn it off and manually mute one part while unmuting the other and vice versa. That's just unpractical.
jackbomb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my suggestion for a future upgrade is side chain from an internal part or from external input, i think it's the only lack
Smile
gizmoismogwai

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man, I was hopeful that this petition would mean something to Korg but seemingly it does not. At this point it's been years since the things came out. Korg likely abandoned any effort to patch the electribes and these feature requests will probably be noted for the next product.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: