Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Petition for Firmware Update for E2 and E2S
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slug

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmoismogwai wrote:
man, I was hopeful that this petition would mean something to Korg but seemingly it does not. At this point it's been years since the things came out. Korg likely abandoned any effort to patch the electribes and these feature requests will probably be noted for the next product.

Its been just over 2 years, the EMX/ESX design was on sale for 10 years before Electribe2 was released.
Sulfur

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg UK has just announced a firmware update for the Minilogue saying:

"You've asked for it so we've got new updates for the minilogue's firmware & librarian as well as the monologue librarian fresh out of the oven today!"

It seems to me that we've asked convincingly for a new Electribe firmware too but... I don't know what to think.
Soundsgood

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sulfur wrote:
Korg UK has just announced a firmware update for the Minilogue saying:

"You've asked for it so we've got new updates for the minilogue's firmware & librarian as well as the monologue librarian fresh out of the oven today!"

It seems to me that we've asked convincingly for a new Electribe firmware too but... I don't know what to think.

Not much fixed in the Minilogue firmware:

ver 1.23
Fixed priority of voices in release stage.
iPad, Roland-D05, Elekrtron Digitakt, Elektron Digitone, Novation Peak
A lot of cumputer stuff!
Sulfur

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soundsgood wrote:

Not much fixed in the Minilogue firmware:

ver 1.23
Fixed priority of voices in release stage.

Ok, thank you.
I don't have a Minilogue so I haven't looked to the release notes of the update. I was surprised (or maybe impressed) about the "you asked, we did" statement, but your reply makes me reconsider my reaction.
immon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there was acknowledgement from a Korg rep here where they said the following:
"We are aware of the petition and are continuously looking at ways to develop future improvements to the Electribe 2 and Electribe 2 Sampler. This of course takes time, but i can assure you we are always listening to the users. Making the code open source is a cool idea too! Don't know how likely it would be though"
stlkr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if they could do changing IFX between prefilter and postfilter
hikayat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: Petition for Firmware Update for E2 and E2S Reply with quote

Cade wrote:
Well. If we want this Electribe 2 situation to change, a petition at Change.org may help. https://www.change.org/start-a-petition?step=description
I am starting a petition at change.org and would like input.

Please list what you would like fixed for the Electribe 2 and/or Electribe 2 Sampler.

The only thing I can think of that I would like changed is: to be able to use the entire capacity of the SD card for long stereo samples Sounds Good

Also, who do you think we should address the petition to:

the guy who seems the most personable (even though he is the chief Analog engineer): Tatsuya Takahashi
or go way up,.. to one of the Directors at corporate: Makoto Kobayashi

I don't simply want to fill the petition with a bunch of small fixes. I am talking major fixes/problems or limitations.
I want to make the fixes sound achievable to the engineers. However, if they can't do it, they should simply release a SDK for the software, and the fans will work it out. Cool

Edit: I was also thinking about sending the petition to some corporate distributors (it may help).: product_support@korgusa.com info@korg.co.uk korg@cmi.com.au and info@korgcanada.com
But I am really interested in finding out who the Chief Digital Engineer is at Korg.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: