Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Foot switch up and down

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marceys

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:39 pm    Post subject: Foot switch up and down Reply with quote

Hey all,

I am looking for a way to control my setlist during live gigs.
I have made several setlists for the projects i’m in and would like to step through my patches.
Going up or going down is assignable but i haven’t found a way to do it both with a 2 switch from boss for an instance.

Is this something that could be done with the Kronos2, i think it would be very usefull to be able to switch up and down without using your hands and continue playing.

Hope someone got some advice for this!

Greetings,

Marc
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately as you noted, you cannot have both Program Up and Program Down assigned -- it's one or the other.

I'd advise you to arrange your Set List slots to accommodate always using Program Up. This way you can advance slots using your footswitch, but you'll just have to arrange the slots so that you re-use a program.

Either that or just label and color each slot so that it's easily visible at a glance. It's pretty quick to just touch the screen to go to the next section.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A programmable MIDI Foot Controler as Behringer FCB 1010 could do the job.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend going with psionic311's idea. It is what I do. Major advantage? You won't get lost in patch changes. If it's in a unique Set List slot you can give it a name that makes the most sense to you. It mostly depends on the complexity of your patches/arrangements. So lets say you have 3 Set list slots as follows:
Verse 1
Pre-Chorus 1
Chorus 1
The next part of the arrangement calls for a Verse. Instead of trying to back up to Verse 1, copy it, insert after Chorus 1 and rename it Verse 2. Always moving forward. This would also allow you to have specific notes, lyrics, etc for each slot.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hey all,

I have made several setlists for the projects i’m in and would like to step through my patches.
Going up or going down is assignable but i haven’t found a way to do it both with a 2 switch from boss for an instance.

Is this something that could be done with the Kronos2, i think it would be very usefull to be able to switch up and down without using your hands and continue playing.

Greetings,

I've searched inside the forum : there have been some threads about the FCB 1010 with Kronos :

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=108012

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=68283&highlight=behringer+fcb1010

And here is a video where a FCB is used for effects. But you can program it as you want :

Citizen Dan Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:25 am    Post subject: Re: Foot switch up and down Reply with quote

marceys wrote:
Hey all,

Greetings,

Marc

Marc,
I use the Set List function differently than many users, but it works great for me at gigs. Instead of setting up the songs within an individual set list and having to re-arrange that every time we change the order of songs, I use the Set List as essentially a song title. (ie set List 001 is named "Third World MAn" for instance) Then within this Set List (or song in my case), I set up the various combis/programs, etc. for that particular song. I play in a Steely Dan tribute band and there are lots of changes in some of the songs. As an example, within the song Third World Man, there are sections where the strings get layered onto the EP sounds in the upper register. I created two combis - one with just the EP, the second with the EP/Strings layered. I then copied and pasted those alternately in the Set List(song) so I can seamlessly switch with the foot pedal. (You can do this with SW1 and effects to turn on/off layers, but you still have to take your hands off to hit the switch - I can just keep playing). The down side to this method is choosing the next song. It is cumbersome on the touch screen to hit the down arrow and find the Set List(song) that you want. To automate this, I have my iPad connected to the Kronos and use Unreal book (you can use ForScore as well) to set up my Set Lists. With unreal book, when I select the next song, I have it set up to send program changes to the Kronos and my Novation so instantaneously I am ready for the next song. It has been a great system. I can be holding down the last chord of the previous song, go the next song on the iPad and since the Kronos won't change sounds until you release the pedal or play something else, you can hold that, then immediately start the next song (assuming your drummer or guitar player are ready!!).

Let me know if that might work for you as well or if you have questions about sending the program changes from the iPad
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just discovered a feature that wasn't in the original Kronos --

GLOBAL mode / Controllers / Function Assign

Now you can assign incoming MIDI CCs to anything a foot switch can do.

Program Change Up/Down
Octave Up/Down
PADs
Tap Tempo

If you only have electrical foot switches, you can only do one Switch function.

But if you have a MIDI foot switch, or any other MIDI controller, you can do multiple Switch functions. So you can program *both* PC up and PC down, or both Octave up and down.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: