Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Triton Extreme is slowly dying... looking for...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mezzopiano

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:49 pm    Post subject: My Triton Extreme is slowly dying... looking for... Reply with quote

Hi folks!

I'm a proud owner of a TEX 76 for about 7 years now, i got it from a friend, when i bought it its rear panels where broken.. (now they are gone, literally), the screen now is broken and has a huge spot/thing, but is functional, also recently i had a problem with the RAM and now i cant load samples because TEX doesn't recognize RAM dimms... etc etc

What i'm trying to say is that altough i love it, its time has come and i have to get a new workstation, i mainly use it for pop/rock stuff, organs, pads, strings, pianos

The question is: What can be a good keyboard to replace the TEX? I'm a long time KORG lover, i also use a Motif ES 8 on stage.. but i dont love YAMAHA way of things.. so, i want to stick to KORG for now...

I got a KROME last December but i sold it because i didn't like it..at all.. key action where a big NO for me, and some sounds sounded really "thin"

i'd love to have sampling capabilities.. i'd love to get around a KRONOS or OASYS.. but they are really expensive..

Maybe a M50? M3? Any suggestions?
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: My Triton Extreme is slowly dying... looking for... Reply with quote

Mezzopiano wrote:
I'm a proud owner of a TEX 76 for about 7 years now, i got it from a friend, when i bought it its rear panels where broken.

Did he throw it down the stairs?

Anyway... what's your budget?
Mezzopiano

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: My Triton Extreme is slowly dying... looking for... Reply with quote

Synthoid wrote:
Mezzopiano wrote:
I'm a proud owner of a TEX 76 for about 7 years now, i got it from a friend, when i bought it its rear panels where broken.

Did he throw it down the stairs?

Anyway... what's your budget?

Well, the rear panels were broken just a little bit, now it REALLY looks like it went down the stairs..

My budget is between $700-1000
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The M50 doesn't have a sampling function. The M3 does.

Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very happy with my M3, both for live and home studio use. Keep in mind though that many M3's suffer from touchscreen issues. I had to replace my screen 2 years ago.
Mezzopiano

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synthoid wrote:
I'm very happy with my M3, both for live and home studio use. Keep in mind though that many M3's suffer from touchscreen issues. I had to replace my screen 2 years ago.

I had a problem with my TEX touchscreen so i had to change it once, so at long as it isnt a screen issue, it will be fine..

Looks like the M3 is winning Smile
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mezzopiano wrote:
Looks like the M3 is winning Smile

It's a great keyboard... especially the Karma feature and drum tracks.

When you find one for sale, check all the buttons and touch screen and make sure the module will raise and lower properly.
draobyek

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a Triton Extreme 76. It was all busted up, and at that time to big for my setup, so i bought M3. M3 is OK, some things are really useful in live situations. Then after a few months i powered up the old Extreme and decided to sell M3 because it will never be Triton Extreme! Not even close. Swapped my Extreme 76 for 61 and although it is falling apart i will continue using it until it falls apart completely, and then i will buy another Extreme. And so on and on until Korg decides to actually make a decent instrument for decent amount of money...
In other words, you can try other and newer Korg synths, and maybe you will be able at some point to convince your self that your new synth is great, but deep down inside you will be miserable. Buy another Triton extreme! Nothing can replace the balls and the aggression this synth so proudly delivers...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: