Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E2 & E2S updated (1.19 & 1.16)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well s**t.

I just ordered a Circuit. I can't believe it.

If the electribe fits in the Circuit's shipping box, may the good lord stay my eBay hand. It's itchy after today's pointless firmware update.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0lrBKACJMA
1_inch_punch

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"haha..

I'd like to hear KORG defenders (on this forum) now......

From my point of view :
they are indefensible.
Quite simply.

this was my first device that I bought from Korg Arrow Last device that I will buy from Korg"

really?

there has been a reported sighting of an electribe at the recent New order Vivid concert.

Don't let the door slam yr butt on the way out- might knock yu flat on yr face

Smile
mihata

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted3000 wrote:
Well s**t.

If the electribe fits in the Circuit's shipping box, may the good lord stay my eBay hand. It's itchy after today's pointless firmware update.

Got the Circuit 2 days ago - it's the cure against Korg FW waiting anxiety and forum lurking - due to it being soo inspiring and fun you just stop thinking about the E2 sadness. Eventually I will come back to it and use it again as it's still a different machine and Circuit for sure cannot replace it but now everything is much more relaxed:)))
captain johnson

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mihata wrote:
Ted3000 wrote:
Well s**t.

Got the Circuit 2 days ago - it's the cure against Korg FW waiting anxiety and forum lurking - due to it being soo inspiring and fun you just stop thinking about the E2 sadness. Eventually I will come back to it and use it again as it's still a different machine and Circuit for sure cannot replace it but now everything is much more relaxed:)))

I would strongly recommend buying one or two volcas and hooking them up to the EMX/SX 2.
mihata

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

captain johnson wrote:
mihata wrote:
Ted3000 wrote:
Well s**t.

I would strongly recommend buying one or two volcas and hooking them up to the EMX/SX 2.

Here's the thing - i had the Volca Keys, it was a great sounding box and fun for dub-techno chords etc. I was also super-hyped for the FM one...
BUT - Korg announced the thing 6 months ago and still it's arriving in Europe in the end of July! Then came my idea - instead of filling Korg's pockets, sold the damn Volca, skiped buying the FM and instead I bought the Circuit. 1xCircuit is so much more than 2x even 3x Volcas. With the recent price drop, editor and sample import, sturdy hardware, great pads, great sound, the list goes on. Honestly Volcas are cool and I'm a fan of everything Tats does but those flimsy pots and the 1 bar sequencer, also sound is quite limited. Further on, having 3-4 boxes takes the focus away from truly mastering them. Maybe the Sample is cool for a drum machine due to its lo-fi sound but hey, I have the Microgranny instead and the PO-12 with its monster sound and 16 pattern chaining (: And here comes the last big reason for me - Korg's f***ed-up attitude towards their customers that is truly insulting and nor Tats, nor Minilogues, nor Electribe Pro would ever buy me again. Go and check the Novation fb page - interaction is going on, people talk directly with other people responsible for the development, they are certain the box will be even further improved, people are happy and ultimately - loyal to the brand. You simply cannot put price on this.
captain johnson

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg is a much bigger company than the 'local' english boys at novation. Roland don't interact that much either......that doesn't mean they shouldn't. But maybe the bigger the fish the less interactive....

Regarding volcas, hook them up via midi from E2 to get 4 bar patterns an turn them into sound modules. boss! You can use the belkin rockstar on the midi out of E2's to send midi note/clock to a few volcas. Super boss.
mihata

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

captain johnson wrote:
Korg is a much bigger company than the 'local' english boys at novation. Roland don't interact that much either......that doesn't mean they shouldn't. But maybe the bigger the fish the less interactive....

Regarding volcas, hook them up via midi from E2 to get 4 bar patterns an turn them into sound modules. boss! You can use the belkin rockstar on the midi out of E2's to send midi note/clock to a few volcas. Super boss.

To sequence the Volca Keys polyphonically you need a Poly part on the E2, which you cannot keep away from stealing the voices, so practically you're not gaining anything here - just changing/layering the sound of the E2 with sound from the Volca.
captain johnson

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mihata wrote:
captain johnson wrote:

To sequence the Volca Keys polyphonically you need a Poly part on the E2, which you cannot keep away from stealing the voices, so practically you're not gaining anything here - just changing/layering the sound of the E2 with sound from the Volca.

Actually You can select voice mode on the volca itself not E2. Set the midi channel on Volca, then on the E2 channel set the osc to something like HH closed, turn part volume down and audio thru on. SHAZAAAMMM voice stealing reduced Wink
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

captain johnson wrote:

I would strongly recommend looking at this screencap of the Circuit synth editor, and imagine 2 of these synths plus a 4-part drum machine and master effects section running on a glorified battery op launchpad. 8 bars? Custom sample uploads? 3 ADRS? Wavetables? Filter Tracking? TWENTY MODULATION SLOTS? Real polyphony? Cheaper than a Volca Beats and Volca Keys combo? Cheaper than an E2? Nah, can't be true...

Last edited by Ted3000 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
captain johnson

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh! have they implemented after touch yet? or auditioning sounds without having to sequence?

I prefer Volca sample and Bass as my additional instruments to EMX2. just my pref Cool
RobCT

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:39 pm    Post subject: Electribes are not dead Reply with quote

Hey guys

The Electribes are not dead. While I'm sure many of us wish korg would provide more updates and "fixes" or add features, I think most of us still love what they can do.
I have created a Facebook group for those out there with the Sampler Version as a place to exchange and share Sample Packs for the Es2 .

https://www.facebook.com/groups/541901179322897/

Feel free to join and share !
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

captain johnson wrote:
Meh! have they implemented after touch yet? or auditioning sounds without having to sequence?

I prefer Volca sample and Bass as my additional instruments to EMX2. just my pref Cool

Why would you need, want, or expect aftertouch on a pad-based groovebox instrument? Aftertouch is for hotshot real time keyboard shredders who can't spare a hand to turn a knob. Do the electribes have aftertouch?

No, the electribes don't have aftertouch. Or real envelopes. Or a post-distortion gain. Or deep modulation. Or much synthesis, really.

There's nothing that aftertouch could provide that one of 20 modulation routings wouldn't leave in the dust.

This really isn't about how great the Circuit is. It's about Korg's total lack of ambition to improve what has turned out to be a little bit of a creative dead end.

Circuit has another round of improvements coming up. Korg can't even implement keyboard tracking or a wet control for the delay. But they sure can block potential OS swaps!
Cade

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bloomes wrote:
well, it seems to be the perfect time to push on with the petition.. Wink

I agree.
Korg Electribe 2 Sampler, Keith McMillen Instruments K-Mix, Korg Volca Bass, Cyclone Analogic TT-303, Novation Ultranova, Roland System-1, Roland JP-08 Boutique, Roland SH-201, Focusrite Saffire PRO 14, Korg Gadget v3 on iPad Air, Reason 10 on ZenBook Pro
captain johnson

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted3000 wrote:
captain johnson wrote:

Why would you need, want, or expect aftertouch on a pad-based groovebox instrument? Aftertouch is for hotshot real time keyboard shredders who can't spare a hand to turn a knob. Do the electribes have aftertouch?

No, the electribes don't have aftertouch. Or real envelopes. Or a post-distortion gain. Or deep modulation. Or much synthesis, really.

There's nothing that aftertouch could provide that one of 20 modulation routings wouldn't leave in the dust.

This really isn't about how great the Circuit is. It's about Korg's total lack of ambition to improve what has turned out to be a little bit of a creative dead end.

Circuit has another round of improvements coming up. Korg can't even implement keyboard tracking or a wet control for the delay. But they sure can block potential OS swaps!

You're right, the electribes could have had more, im still hoping they can tbh! but using them with volcas is great, simple but effective. The aftertouch thing seems to be a gripe for reviewers in places too. Wink the modulation on E2's is way handy I agree. Maybe Im too simplistic but I like the limitations in a way but I hate the voice stealing, using the volcas as sound modules through EMX solves a lot of this for me.

I kinda get why they are locking the software update thing, they have to protect their products FW, however some people are hopeful this means there is an actual big update coming as they are solidifying the update system.......
sl23

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by sl23 on Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: