Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E2 & E2S updated (1.19 & 1.16)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
o.w.t.m

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject: Circuit purchase in 3,2,1 Reply with quote

Sad day. see ya Korg...
PubCat512

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:11 pm    Post subject: Cheers! Couldn't have said it better. Reply with quote

Re-Member wrote:
sl23 wrote:
Finally people are starting to see what utter cunts korg are! What do they hope to achieve by alienating their user base? Strange!

How is Korg alienating their user base? If I remember correctly, someone here actually bricked their unit trying to do the OS swap thing. To me, it seems that the whole point of this latest update is avoid having a series of bricked units returned to them, which I'm sure is already happening.

If people want to act like a bunch of cheap skates and get outraged over the lack of features they feel entitled to on a budget instrument, well, the lesson here is to thoroughly research a product first before purchasing it, or wait and save additional money for whatever alternative is out there. Part of buying real hardware music gear is learning that there will always be some limitations to work around.
Beer Cheers! Couldn't have said it better.
https://www.reverbnation.com/pubcat
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care anymore if Korg blocks the hack. It was fun, but sketchy and certainly bricked a few units. Fine.

I do care about vaguely documented firmware being released with no fixes or features added, at a time when people are desperate for improvements.

I also care when that firmware gets pulled down with zero explanation, and the old one put back up - with no communication about what happened, why they rolled back, and any issues for people who updated.

It seems sloppy. Korg seems like a sealed environment, they're simply not here to serve the customer - just to dictate and sell things. The electribe feels increasingly like a dead end with some real baffling omissions.

I'm pretty close to abandoning the electribe. The Circuit is doing more with less, and Novation seem to have passion and employees who use and love the gear.

Wake me up when Korg puts a little more effort into the electribe OS.
PubCat512

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted3000 wrote:
I don't care anymore if Korg blocks the hack. It was fun, but sketchy and certainly bricked a few units. Fine.

I do care about vaguely documented firmware being released with no fixes or features added, at a time when people are desperate for improvements.

I also care when that firmware gets pulled down with zero explanation, and the old one put back up - with no communication about what happened, why they rolled back, and any issues for people who updated.

It seems sloppy. Korg seems like a sealed environment, they're simply not here to serve the customer - just to dictate and sell things. The electribe feels increasingly like a dead end with some real baffling omissions.
Circuit, has us spoiled mate! Yeah, I agree other companies
I'm pretty close to abandoning the electribe. The Circuit is doing more with less, and Novation seem to have passion and employees who use and love the gear.

Wake me up when Korg puts a little more effort into the electribe OS.
Lol! Novation and Isotonik Studios, and their top notch communication/community for the Circuit, has us spoiled mate! Very Happy
Other companies could certainly learn a thing or two from what great things Novations' Circuit is doing. I love mine!
However, I own: 6 Electribes, a KP3, the mini kaoss pad 1and2, all the kaossilators except for the pro, a kaoss pad quad, all the volcas except for the bass, the SQ1, aaaaaaand last but not least, An MS2000B! I'm having a wonderful time with the new ES2 (the bloody thing runs on 6 AA batteries, forchrissake!), for what it is.
That's what is the main goal for me. Having fun. Not draining my bank account.
I agree that they should fix the bugs that they can fix. I'm not going to hold my breath, but it would be a hell of a thing if they came with the ruckus on another update. Bet! We'll see what shakes. In the meantime, I'm still saving money for the Minilogue, and a new drum kit...etc...Geez, it never ends, does it? Cool
https://www.reverbnation.com/pubcat
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been over a month since 1.19/1.16 popped up and then vanished without a trace. Does anyone know what's going on?
captain johnson

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted3000 wrote:
It's been over a month since 1.19/1.16 popped up and then vanished without a trace. Does anyone know what's going on?

Good question, I've noticed the noise issue with audio thru isn't as 'resolved' as the previous 1.18! I hope the next patch is rock solid!
Poumtschak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMK wrote:
Hmmmm maybe, just maybe, there is another update coming around the corner that is so huge that in order for it to install properly this minor update is needed to be installed first before "The Big One".

Are you a precog'? Laughing

Quote:
System requirements

If you are using electribe sampler version 1.15 software or earlier, update to version 1.16, and then update to 2.02.

If you are using electribe version 1.18 software or earlier, update to version 1.19, and then update to 2.02.

If its mandatory, how hard was it to put the needed file in a special folder along with the 2.02 update?
Took me a while to understand there was a previous version section now.
Doh! d'oh!
thebiglebowski

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poumtschak wrote:

Except 1.16/1.19 are nowhere to be found @Korg's.
If its mandatory, how hard was it to put the needed file in a special folder along with the 2.02 update?

Rolling Eyes

Its there. Click the 2.02 update. On the bottom of the page you'll find a „previous versions” link. Click it an it has all versions going back to 1.17 (in case of the E2 synth)
Poumtschak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebiglebowski wrote:
Its there. Click the 2.02 update. On the bottom of the page you'll find a „previous versions” link. Click it an it has all versions going back to 1.17 (in case of the E2 synth)

Yup, I figured it out eventually. Thx. Embarassed
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2.02 scratches someone's itch, but I don't use my tribe that way.

SHIFT PARAMETER ON INSERT EFFECTS OR BUST 2016!
knobfun

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there no way to check what OS version is currently on an Electribe Sampler (black)...? Like a simple start up with "Shift" button pressed or whatever?

It seems from the 2.02 update info, the only way it displays the current OS is if you have a card inserted with a possibly newer OS on it...

Thanks...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: