Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

N. Circuit vs. electribe 2 initial thoughts
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NickZoll

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NC looks like a very powerful beast and there is only one think that does not allow me to buy one. Is the idea that everytime I want to tweak sound I have to use computer. So I bought system one instead and happy.

timbeaux wrote:
Now I am thinking of getting one again (especially you can now use the launchcontrol xl as extended control for it VIA USB #thumbsup). but first I need to get an TR8 Razz

I was thinking about toget one too but not sure. It sounds great but very limited in functionality.
gizmoismogwai

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who have iOS, one thing you can do to open the Circuit wide open is build a template in something like Touch OSC that gives you faders and knobs to control every single thing in the midi implementation chart. It took me a good hour or two to set up but now I can plug my iPad in and have almost every single parameter in front of me at once.

You can of course do this with almost any midi controller that has a lot of knobs but I like that Touch OSC makes my Circuit look like it came straight out of Tron.
MaartenNl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the novation circuit today. Was much smaller as i expected but without manual i was able to do a lot. Needed only for updating stuff, how chainging patterns and saving. Updated the firmware and with messing around i could change the pitch of each drum in velocity mode. What a cool device. But the lights are way to bright when its dark haha;) But the device is so attractive to mess around, and its very quick to learn, as i said, how stuff works without even looking in the manual. Great!!
Hugo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmoismogwai wrote:
For those who have iOS, one thing you can do to open the Circuit wide open is build a template in something like Touch OSC that gives you faders and knobs to control every single thing in the midi implementation chart. It took me a good hour or two to set up but now I can plug my iPad in and have almost every single parameter in front of me at once.

You can of course do this with almost any midi controller that has a lot of knobs but I like that Touch OSC makes my Circuit look like it came straight out of Tron.

Could you consider uploading the template? Smile
bladuck

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted3000 wrote:
It's a very mono machine. Mono samples, monarual synth voices, mono speaker. Only the master delay and verb are stereo. (But it's a very clear and clean mono!)

the chorus is stereo, that helps me a lot with my usage
bladuck

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: N. Circuit vs. electribe 2 initial thoughts Reply with quote

Ted3000 wrote:
The most baffling Circuit tasks arrive when you get sick of the factory stuff and want to blank slate it. You have to register your unit, install a USB driver, run a firmware update mode, register for the web-based cloud backup, and get the editor running.

This really suck ass. The Browser based librarian etc tools sux. ... a need to login, lags when using the “app” ... a need to have internet connection to load samples, force me to put my creativity to cloud ? Novation messed up this one on multiple points
bladuck

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mihata wrote:
the love for the Circuit is because its a powerful, intuitive instrument thought to be played in a non-linear manner with everything just a touch away as opposed to the E2 which is different more rigid and step-by-step tool which also has it strengths. Novation's communication and great love for the product is just a bonus here and korg should learn big time.

great points mate
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: