Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe 2 Petition help
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mihata

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kurgast wrote:
Hi,
my name is daniel from german.

I dont know if anybody notice this here but 335 people vote on a german site called sequencer. Maybe its posible to compile the results. At least i think its important to work together. I also will post a comment in the other forum. I tried it a few times. I dont know why it is but I still make the same mistake by registrating and it dont work. So i cant write anythink.

http://www.sequencer.de/synthesizer/viewtopic.php?t=106141

greetings

Hey Daniel, could you maybe post a link with the petition on the german blog?
https://www.change.org/p/tatsuya-takahashi-help-make-a-software-update-for-the-new-electribes-a-priority-for-korg-inc

Let's join forces!
Cade

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest version of the petition is here: https://www.change.org/p/help-make-continued-software-updates-for-the-new-electribes-a-priority-for-korg-inc

I will print this and send it (also transmit the email versions), when there are no more changes or additions.
Smile
Korg Electribe 2 Sampler, Keith McMillen Instruments K-Mix, Korg Volca Bass, Cyclone Analogic TT-303, Novation Ultranova, Roland System-1, Roland JP-08 Boutique, Roland SH-201, Focusrite Saffire PRO 14, Korg Gadget v3 on iPad Air, Reason 10 on ZenBook Pro
Loudest

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cade wrote:
The latest version of the petition is here: https://www.change.org/p/help-make-continued-software-updates-for-the-new-electribes-a-priority-for-korg-inc

I will print this and send it (also transmit the email versions), when there are no more changes or additions.
Smile

Hi Cade,

I suggested the petition (since 24/48h) on a french forum quite active
perhaps you should wait a little before to send the petition ... I have the impression that it has allowed the signatures to increase slightly in the last hours ...

I tried to reorganize a little the requests of the petition.
these are the same requests but grouped by categories. I also grouped what directly concerned the sampler or the synth version.

I did not renumbered them, voluntarily, I kept the numbers in the disorder so that you can easily find the corresponding requests.
Some were separated (bis numbers) for more clarity (there was also a duplicate entry...)
I hope it will be clear to you.

These are the current issues and problems:

1. Voice Stealing: Unfortunately, even when no fx and no polyphony is activated on the units, just 10-11 tracks can play simultaneously without voice stealing. It doesn’t seem reasonable that muted parts or IFX use CPU power and steal voices when not playing. For instance, when only 4-8 IFX are used in a pattern, the Electribe 2 seems to unnecessarily calculate all 16 IFX.
2. Note cutoff on pattern change: When switching patterns, the notes and effects from the previous pattern stop playing. This causes issues with the live-playing capability that the units were designed for.
3. Re-triggering glitch: There is a noticeable digital click or pop sound at the initiation/beginning of the sound (synths and samples) when re-triggering notes.
5.  Audio and MIDI glitch when saving: When saving a pattern while the instrument is playing, the audio and MIDI clock have noticeable glitches, making it nearly impossible to save a new pattern while playing live.
6. Fix Noise (high pitched noise [~13kHz]) when audio in is enabled, and the hum when power save mode is enabled on the unit with audio in.
7. Fix problems introduced with latest update: The shortcut to clear name using "<" and going back in menu group using the "<" key were removed due to the introduction of undo.  Possible solutions could be to use the Shift+Exit or Shift+Part Erase.

These are the current recommended improvements:

For the E2 Sampler
8. Pre-listening of samples directly from the SD card.  This would enable users to work from a blank .all file and import only the samples needed for a project.  This would overcome the global limit of 24Mb since it would become the limit per project, and the entire SD capacity could be utilized. 

9. Enable access to the “sample import” menu more direct.
A simple way to achieve this would be: long press on a pad + Menu/Enter = direct access to the SD card file tree (in other words: [Samples] folder),
then choose the sample with the main encoder,
press play/stop for pre-listen/stop, press again Menu/Enter to load the selected sample on the selected pad
(and possibly "Exit" button to cancel the operation and go back to the main screen) 

10bis. Waveform representation on the screen and automatic zero crossing snapping function (essential for a good loop point adjustment, to avoid click/pop noises on looped samples)

31. Add a truncate and a time stretch function for sample editing.

For the E2 Synth
19. & 37. Have the step edit for Oscillator edit just like in the Electribe 2 Sampler.

For both units
FILE MANAGEMENT
34. Add the ability to save and load different pattern sets (.allpattern files) and associated sample sets (.all files) to and from the SD card
and an improvement in terms of file management (copy, paste, duplicate files, create folders, delete, rename etc.).
It would be preferable not to have to rely on a computer for this kind of thing, and make the Electribe really standalone
so we could save our sample-sets (and also our pattern-sets) in several .all files, with different names.

EDITING
14. The units should have the ability to copy/paste bars/notes around the whole machine.

12. Improve the step sequencer as the current workflow is clunky and often problematic.
Recommended: make the step sequence menu circular so you can left arrow from the on/off screen to the velocity screen and implement a step record function as was present in previous Electribes.

26. Direct access to editing various modifications/parameters of each step.
Recommendation: maybe a second mode with the Sequencer button (like the Part Mute button with Solo mode)
[example]: press Sequencer button once, it lights, and the Electribe is in Sequencer mode (just like it is now),
press the Sequencer button again, it blinks, and we are in step edit mode (with circular menu)
press again it goes back to normal Sequencer mode (again, just like the Part mute button) .

24bis. The units should have the ability to nudge notes.

32. Key transpose in sequencer mode and make transposing of whole parts easier.

STEP JUMP
27. Units should display the steps in the Step Jump mode (just like in the Sequencer mode). This is essential to see where the steps are we want to jump. 

16. Unit should have synced step jump so it stays in time on release, because the step jump is so powerful and unique to the Electribe, but it goes off time to other sync'd midi devices if it's even a little off.

20. The units should have the Step Jump actions and changes recorded and reflected in the sequencer in NORMAL record mode.

PERFORMANCE
13. Pads should blink in Mute mode. This is essential to know which track is currently playing in mute mode.

22. The units should have the ability in Mute mode to press/hold the Mute button to select tracks/pads and chose record mute on/off,
and add freely assignable mute groups instead of only 13/14, 15/16 being able to be set to cut each other off.  
This should be possible to set for any pad combination.

28. Direct access to part erase.
Recommendation: Press once, the Electribe acts just like it is now.
Press again, the Part Erase button blinks and we can erase directly (and completely) a part (by pressing the corresponding pad). 

11. Revise the arpeggiator to include Up/down, random, and scales.

17. Units should have the ability to loop individual bars.

18. Units should have the option for per part play speed: allow a single part to be played at half speed / quarter speed or other option.

DISPLAY
10. Revise display screen to display more information: knob values; FX info; ADSR graph; - for quick editing.

15. Decay and release could be separated. A simple way to implement this would be to use the shift key to edit the release amount.

23. The units should have a visual display of scales and chords played on each part.

33. LFO's should be parameterized by musical values.

21. The units should have the ability to set velocity numerically for each part; 1-127.

GLOBAL
36. Create shortcuts for Pattern "Chain Repeat" and Pattern "Chain To".

4. Song mode is lacking: One of the greatest features of the predecessors (older Electribes) was the ability to create entire songs by setting the unit to automatically play patterns in a specific order to build a complete song.

29. Add the ability for per part MFX send level.

30. Add the ability to be able to assign the X-Y pad to do different modification parameters and save that setting with each Pattern.

35. Revise the manual to include details about MIDI implementation and the unit’s voice architecture as well as any improvements.

MIDI IN/OUT
24. The units should have the ability to enter notes or chords from an external MIDI controller in sequencer mode.

25. The units should have the option for MIDI local on/off and/or midi thru and MIDI channel choice per part (should allow part layering).

38. Have the units send CC automation values to MIDI out.

Idea
there are still a few requests that seem unclear (at least, personnally, that I do not understand...)

23. The units should have a visual display of scales and chords played on each part.
???

It seems really debatable, many hardware devices don't use musical values for their LFO​​...

21. The units should have the ability to set velocity numerically for each part; 1-127.
we can already adjust the level individually for each part
can you precise what you are referring to here?

and also
4. Song mode is lacking: One of the greatest features of the predecessors (older Electribes) was the ability to create entire songs by setting the unit to automatically play patterns in a specific order to build a complete song.
really it seems difficult for Korg to consider such a request after implementing the patterns chaining ....
even if it's not exactly the desired song mode, this closely resembles...
perhaps we should avoid making this suggestion... (imho)
Idea
Cade

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loudest wrote:

...edit...

Idea
there are still a few requests that seem unclear (at least, personnally, that I do not understand...)

???

It seems really debatable, many hardware devices don't use musical values for their LFO​​...

and also
really it seems difficult for Korg to consider such a request after implementing the patterns chaining ....
even if it's not exactly the desired song mode, this closely resembles...
perhaps we should avoid making this suggestion... (imho)
Idea

Thank you very much for the help and organization. I have posted the updated one here: https://www.change.org/p/help-make-continued-software-updates-for-the-new-electribes-a-priority-for-korg-inc

I am not exactly sure what some of the requests mean, and perhaps someone else can answer, but I'll try:
23. I think this goes into the category "screen improvements" and it would be just a visual representation of the notes played when playing in "chord mode"
33. I agree, but a few people voted for this one, so I included it. I think it would be a cool feature, but not a deal-breaker.
21. I guess this refers to pad velocity, rather than sound volume. However, I agree they really affect the same thing (volume).
4. I agree, but every time I bring up removing it, others (that are used to the song mode of the older electribes) provide arguments to keep it.

Loudest- Thanks again for the help. I really appreciate it. Cool
Korg Electribe 2 Sampler, Keith McMillen Instruments K-Mix, Korg Volca Bass, Cyclone Analogic TT-303, Novation Ultranova, Roland System-1, Roland JP-08 Boutique, Roland SH-201, Focusrite Saffire PRO 14, Korg Gadget v3 on iPad Air, Reason 10 on ZenBook Pro
Loudest

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cade wrote:
Loudest- Thanks again for the help. I really appreciate it. Cool

You're welcome! Wink
Hoping most of all that it will be clearer for KORG and that it removes any residue of ill will that may stop the development of these machines
I really think there are pretty smart suggestions on this list, and I hope they will think again because it is important to satisfy users when their requests are constructive.
Let's make sure that it goes in the right direction

Cheers
Sulfur

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cade wrote:
Loudest wrote:

21. I guess this refers to pad velocity, rather than sound volume. However, I agree they really affect the same thing (volume).

Volume and dynamic are not the same thing. They could be, in a way, if we're talking about internal sequencing but, if you are going to sequence an external gear, velocity could affect sound too. Also you can't rise the volume up to an infinite amount. Having a fixed value of 96 "eats" some volume (if you understand what I mean) and affects the dynamic of the mix and of the instrument too. I mean for sure you can change it later to whatever value you want but if you want a sequence to play at a specific velocity value it would be more practical to set it only one time through the menu than changing it later in every step through the step editor. Sometime I find myself compelled to change all the velocity values of a part and it's really annoying and time consuming. In my opinion, being able to set the value freely, before sequencing, would give a faster workflow and other advantages too.
Loudest

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sulfur wrote:

Volume and dynamic are not the same thing. They could be, in a way, if we're talking about internal sequencing but, if you are going to sequence an external gear, velocity could affect sound too. Also you can't rise the volume up to an infinite amount. Having a fixed value of 96 "eats" some volume (if you understand what I mean) and affects the dynamic of the mix and of the instrument too. I mean for sure you can change it later to whatever value you want but if you want a sequence to play at a specific velocity value it would be more practical to set it only one time through the menu than changing it later in every step through the step editor. Sometime I find myself compelled to change all the velocity values of a part and it's really annoying and time consuming. In my opinion, being able to set the value freely, before sequencing, would give a faster workflow and other advantages too.

yeah I got it with the explanations of Cade
Wink

I precise that I didn't say that these features are not important
I only made a list of features that I don't understand but this is more a matter of wording I think
I tried to step into the shoes of the folks at Korg inc. when they will read the petition
if they don't understand a few requests at the first read I really doubt they will give a second chance....
Sulfur

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loudest wrote:

Wink

Ok, sorry.
Maybe I misunderstood. Since Cade agreed with you and thought of velocity as a matter of volume too, I thought that the difference wasn't clear to him either and I pointed out to both of you why we would need to be able to set any velocity value as default. The purpose of my reply was purely positive and I thought that maybe my explanation could lead to a better understanding and wording too.

In the end we're all here to make the electribes grow.
softroom

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon a simpler/slicker implementation for chain mode would be to simply hold a start then end point pad within a pattern set. (Like the way the TB-303 used to chain patterns.) That way you could chain those patterns you put in a pattern set freely into structures up to 16 steps long, but easily select individual patterns, make smaller chains etc. all very dynamically.
Loudest

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sulfur wrote:
I pointed out to both of you why we would need to be able to set any velocity value as default. The purpose of my reply was purely positive and I thought that maybe my explanation could lead to a better understanding and wording too..

Yes
You're perfectly right

no problem Wink
kirkwood

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Electribe 2 Petition help Reply with quote

Not sure where the voiting was for this...

This one was pretty important to me...

+Add the ability to carryover mutes between patterns.

+Volume carryover would be amazing too.
Cade

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Electribe 2 Petition help Reply with quote

Sulfur wrote:
Loudest wrote:

Wink

Ok, sorry.
Maybe I misunderstood. Since Cade agreed with you and thought of velocity as a matter of volume too, I thought that the difference wasn't clear to him either and I pointed out to both of you why we would need to be able to set any velocity value as default. The purpose of my reply was purely positive and I thought that maybe my explanation could lead to a better understanding and wording too.

In the end we're all here to make the electribes grow.

Thanks for the thorough explanation. it is very much appreciated. Cool

softroom wrote:
I reckon a simpler/slicker implementation for chain mode would be to simply hold a start then end point pad within a pattern set. (Like the way the TB-303 used to chain patterns.) That way you could chain those patterns you put in a pattern set freely into structures up to 16 steps long, but easily select individual patterns, make smaller chains etc. all very dynamically.

Sounds good, but I am not sure exactly how to word it for the petition, or even if we should include the suggestion. *shrug

kirkwood wrote:
Not sure where the voiting was for this...

This one was pretty important to me...

+Add the ability to carryover mutes between patterns.

+Volume carryover would be amazing too.

It would be nice, but, unfortunately I don't think the "mute" values (-/+) can be stored/carried over with the pattern. Not sure if it got more than 1 vote. Confused
jpeg

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think the petition seems unfocused and nit-pickey, also are the items for each unit listed in order of priority? and has the priority of item been agreed?

or is it simply the case that you are putting everyone's requests on the feature request list?

Its good that the lists are separate for the sampler and the synth, but I think the requests should be more concise and in order of most wanted.

You could also have an honorable mention feature list that people may not feel are priority but some users would like lodged with Korg anyway.
Cade

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpeg wrote:
1.I still think the petition seems unfocused and nit-pickey, also 2. are the items for each unit listed in order of priority? and has the priority of item been agreed?

3.or is it simply the case that you are putting everyone's requests on the feature request list?

4.Its good that the lists are separate for the sampler and the synth, but I think the requests should be more concise and in order of most wanted.

5.You could also have an honorable mention feature list that people may not feel are priority but some users would like lodged with Korg anyway.

Laughing
1. Thanks for your candid assessment. Anxious Could you please identify exactly where it sounds unfocused or nit-picky to you? (I'm not saying it doesn't, I would just like your input, as any sincere help refining and clarifying is truly appreciated).

2.Unfortunately, what is a priority to some, others could give a flying f*ck about, and vice-versa. I mean "LFO's should be parameterized by musical values" and "ability to turn off recording input note quantize" Eh? Face palm
Obviously we can't make everyone happy. d'oh!

3.Clearly, I am not putting everyone's request on the list, or it would be over 80 items long: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=104361&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=114
A significant amount of requests with one (or less) votes were trimmed.
[if it were up to me, I would only have about 15 items on the list] Sad

5. Really? Laughing An "honorable mention feature list"? That is seriously laughable, (IMO) and would possibly just make Korg take us less seriously. Applause

4.Please feel free to have a go at restructuring and reorganizing it then. Rolling Eyes
Loudest

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpeg wrote:
are the items for each unit listed in order of priority? and has the priority of item been agreed?

let's KORG decide what is a priority among the requests
(because unfortunately there is still the option that it be none of them...)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: