Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe Sampler won't boot with SD card inserted

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cpkcpk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:07 am    Post subject: Electribe Sampler won't boot with SD card inserted Reply with quote

I just got an E2S from eBay and it won't boot up with e2sSample.all files from the SD card. I've tried 4 different cards, formatted them from the electribe, updated to the newest OS and done a factory reset, but it still only boots normally if there is no card inserted.

Importing and exporting individual samples and .all files works fine, but it just hangs on the boot screen when I reboot. After a few minutes it loads up with just the factory samples. The only way I can get it to load is to quickly eject the card and insert it again after powering it on.

Anyone experienced this before? Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
cpkcpk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: Bought a new 8GB Sandisk Ultra Class 10 card and it works fine! Smile
Guess they are picky about which cards they accept, as the other 4 all work fine in my computer and cameras. Hope this helps if anyone runs into a similar problem!
Cade

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+Rep Very Happy
Thanks for this. A very similar thing happened to me this past weekend. I put in a microSD/SD formatted (like the rest of my blank cards) with a custom e2ssample.all file, and blank patterns file, and the Electribe just hung on the "splash screen" without loading. Unplugging it, holding power, nothing worked with that card (older microSD in SD adapter). Eventually, I had to pull the batteries out to even turn it off. I tried another time with the same card, and it froze again. It booted fine with a different blank card. I couldn't figure out what the issue was.

Nice to know it was the card, and not my unit. Smile
Korg Electribe 2 Sampler, Keith McMillen Instruments K-Mix, Korg Volca Bass, Cyclone Analogic TT-303, Novation Ultranova, Roland System-1, Roland JP-08 Boutique, Roland SH-201, Focusrite Saffire PRO 14, Korg Gadget v3 on iPad Air, Reason 10 on ZenBook Pro
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: