Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe 2 petition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sulfur

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loudest wrote:

This is possible via the Pattern Chaining (but you need to recreate an instance of the Pattern 1 when you want it to be played only once...)

That said, I agree that they could do things much simpler ....
they have a pretty complicated mind! ...
It was enough to give the ability to make a simple list, just like the one you just gave
(1,1,1,2,1,2,3,1,3,4,4,4,4,2,5)
and we could have the patterns that we wanted, and repeat them as we wanted,
with a simple "playlist" (+ eventually, the possibility to loop the whole playlist...)

So and so. For a structure like the one I said I think it would still be less complicated to change patterns manually than set all the chains and duplicate patterns.
They are two features that would overlap each other but I still think that there are some subtle differences and cases that would make sense to have them both.

Loudest wrote:

the same guy (my new friend on FB Smile)
post another comment on my post:
It's not an idea, it's a request from the person who the petition is aimed at.
To withdraw it as it is and follow Korg's recommendations would be most wise.

For sure it would be more convinient to Korg... Rolling Eyes
thebiglebowski

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loudest wrote:

the same guy (my new friend on FB Smile)
post another comment on my post:
It's not an idea, it's a request from the person who the petition is aimed at.
To withdraw it as it is and follow Korg's recommendations would be most wise.

Wait, I don't follow – did you talk direcllty to Bradshaw, or with the guy who hijacked the Facebook E2 group and acts now as Bradshaw's spokesman? Can't you see how ridiculous this sounds? Smile

This guy should be reported to Facebook. What he's doing is just abuse of his admin privileges. You seriously think he's a trustworthy person?

What a mess. I remember the previous admin was a cool laidback dude.

I would recommend to stick to the original plan. Send the petition when we think there's enough signatures, and let Korg decide what they want to do with it. Not some randome guy from Facebook, FFS. Don't feed the trolls!
immon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like song mode is a waste of time.

We have the event recorder, we have pattern chaining and we have 'audio export'. These are decent options for building longer structures. Of course the most important method for longer musical pieces is actually to do a manual performance.

I would prefer resources to be spent on other things. My new want is for enhanced midi. I'd love to be able to midi map mutes to an external controller.

That said everyone has different priorities.

I will say this though, I love my electribe more and more each day, especially after the latest updates.
Loudest

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebiglebowski wrote:

Wait, I don't follow – did you talk direcllty to Bradshaw, or with the guy who hijacked the Facebook E2 group and acts now as Bradshaw's spokesman? Can't you see how ridiculous this sounds? Smile

This guy should be reported to Facebook. What he's doing is just abuse of his admin privileges. You seriously think he's a trustworthy person?

What a mess. I remember the previous admin was a cool laidback dude.

I would recommend to stick to the original plan. Send the petition when we think there's enough signatures, and let Korg decide what they want to do with it. Not some randome guy from Facebook, FFS. Don't feed the trolls!

yes I agree, we do not have to follow the recommendations from this guy
I paste here his comments below my post for the petition (for those who do not have Facebook)
that's said, I do not even know if Bradshaw has really said this (and I can not check since I'm not in this FB group anymore...)
but if that is the case, it means that KORG reacts to the petition ...
Telengard

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

immon wrote:
I feel like song mode is a waste of time.

That said everyone has different priorities.

I used to love the ability to lovingly craft a song on the EMX with motion capture (automation) that would be stored over the entire song not just per pattern and being able to have the song stop when finished and mutes being recorded to the song not the pattern.

It allows me to bring a song to the next level as I can keep coming back to it to modify little bits until it really shines. I know I can do the same thing by performing the song over and over and changing things that way, but if I don't perform the song for a while I might have trouble coming back to it and adding what I have learned to it.

I also don't have a lot of hours to just keep repeating a performance to get the song I am look for so I end up taking things out in to Ableton to arrange things. But with song mode I could do most of the arrangement on the electribe.

This is just MY reason for wanting song mode.

Last edited by Telengard on Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Hosh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long time lurker posting. I originally posted the petition link to the FB group. Bit of background:
It was taken down, I PM'ed the admin guy and asked whether he'd taken it down and why, he didn't even bother to reply. He removed the link several times afterwards when others posted even though there was a lot of interest and discussion first time round. After that he has criticised the petition in his own posts on the group, and then shut down other people who disagreed with him and closed posts.

It seems ridiculous to me to start engaging with this guy now about the petition. Who cares what this dude now says about it or what his views are? Who cares to hear someone who shuts down any alternative views about it on the FB group, particularly when the petition is so positive overall about the two machines?

Korg can quite easily make the suggestion about limiting requests directly on here or in an email to the OP if they feel it is beneficial.
DemonLlama

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a point (say at 1000 votes) when the petition is officially sent to KORG? Although I think they have read about it already...
Cade

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DemonLlama wrote:
Is there a point (say at 1000 votes) when the petition is officially sent to KORG? Although I think they have read about it already...

Yes. Perhaps when 1000 is reached. Possibly after signature momentum has slowed significantly or when there is enough of a lapse after a software update, and a need to remind Korg of the additional fixes the user community desires.

Also: I plan on printing it (in English and Japanese) and sending via registered mail to the Korg execs listed on the petition page.
Korg Electribe 2 Sampler, Keith McMillen Instruments K-Mix, Korg Volca Bass, Cyclone Analogic TT-303, Novation Ultranova, Roland System-1, Roland JP-08 Boutique, Roland SH-201, Focusrite Saffire PRO 14, Korg Gadget v3 on iPad Air, Reason 10 on ZenBook Pro
Loudest

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cade wrote:
or when there is enough of a lapse after a software update, and a need to remind Korg of the additional fixes the user community desires

+1
jpeg

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so regarding the sampler now that the song mode has been addressed what are the top 3 priority fixes for the sampler?

Surely the main focus has to be sample management? I should be able to connect my electribe via USB to my computer and drag and drop to pads or memory locations on the card or in the device itself.

Also samples should stream from the memory card a la sp505 and 303, etc
Sebberdii

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be great, if the sampler had the same record function as the ESX, were it starts sampling, when incoming audio is detected.

Truncate could be great to, like the ESX, were it deleting start and end from the samples
Loudest

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpeg wrote:
so regarding the sampler now that the song mode has been addressed what are the top 3 priority fixes for the sampler?

Surely the main focus has to be sample management? I should be able to connect my electribe via USB to my computer and drag and drop to pads or memory locations on the card or in the device itself.

I copy/paste what I said on another thread, I think (for the Sampler) the priorities would be :

-an improvement in term of file management (copy, paste, duplicate files, create folders, delete, rename etc.)
I do not want to use a computer for this kind of things
so we could save our sample-sets (and also our pattern-sets) in several .all files

- pre-listening directly from the SD card, so we could work from a blank .all file and import only the samples we need for a project
so we could have gigabytes of wav files at our disposal, straight from the sd card (this would overcome the global limit of 24Mb since it would become the limit PER project...)

(actually, I think these two requests go hand in hand, and we should express only one request for that)

and last but not least:
- waveform representation and automatic zero crossing snapping function (essential for a good loop point adjustment)

Sebberdii wrote:
Could be great, if the sampler had the same record function as the ESX, were it starts sampling, when incoming audio is detected.

Truncate could be great to, like the ESX, were it deleting start and end from the samples

yes, it could be great
I have never owned the ESX, but if the old lineup can propose this kind of function, we should have the same ones in the "2016" lineup...
Steeplemouth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked the petition and it is at 647 votes. Are votes still coming in or has it plateaued?
musicmagus
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpeg wrote:

Those are fine ideas but sometimes the hardware itself could prevent these from being implemented.

Regarding sample management, simply bing able to rename allsample and allpattern files on save and also being able to choose or create a destination folder would definitely be possible with a software update and ultimately useful for creating/managing sample sets on the unit itself with no computer needed.
musicmagus
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sebberdii wrote:

I think the e2s truncates if you save and reload the sample?
Not really sure, have to test it again.
I remember complaining about no truncate when I first got it and someone pointed that out to me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 9 of 14

Jump to: