Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe 2 petition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redmond Barry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really agree with getting Tats out of the petition. It reeks of bad taste and he has NOTHING to do with it other than working at the same company. It makes us look especially desperate. It needs to go.
thebiglebowski

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redmond Barry wrote:
I really agree with getting Tats out of the petition. It reeks of bad taste and he has NOTHING to do with it other than working at the same company. It makes us look especially desperate. It needs to go.

Lets not get hysterical. First of all – what do we know about Korgs corporate structure? Are you an expert? Or a board member maybe?

I agree that Tats should not be the main recipient of the petition. Its a mistake, but an honest mistake, not a „desperate move”. In the last 2-3 years this gentleman became Mr Korg, essentially. He is a recognised public figure. No one else at Korg speaks in Korgs name like he does.

There is no problem if he knows about the petition, the problem is that the petition is directly adressed at him. And the Electribe issues are clearly not his fault. That is unfortunate, but once again - I would call this an honest mistake.

I would not call that bullying, harrasment, or a ransom letter – as some people did. It would describe how this kind of attitude reaks, but there's no need to add fire to the discussion. Clearly you can't make everyone happy.
Redmond Barry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebiglebowski wrote:
Redmond Barry wrote:

Lets not get hysterical. First of all – what do we know about Korgs corporate structure? Are you an expert? Or a board member maybe?

I agree that Tats should not be the main recipient of the petition. Its a mistake, but an honest mistake, not a „desperate move”. In the last 2-3 years this gentleman became Mr Korg, essentially. He is a recognised public figure. No one else at Korg speaks in Korgs name like he does.

There is no problem if he knows about the petition, the problem is that the petition is directly adressed at him. And the Electribe issues are clearly not his fault. That is unfortunate, but once again - I would call this an honest mistake.

I would not call that bullying, harrasment, or a ransom letter – as some people did. It would describe how this kind of attitude reaks, but there's no need to add fire to the discussion. Clearly you can't make everyone happy.

Exactly. We don't know anything about Korg's corporate structure so we shouldn't address it publicly to the one person who we have a good idea didn't have anything to do with the product. I agree it's an honest mistake and there was no ill will behind it, if I came off strong it's just that I think that it really needs to be removed.
thebiglebowski

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redmond Barry wrote:
I I agree it's an honest mistake and there was no ill will behind it, if I came off strong it's just that I think that it really needs to be removed.

I hope that fixing it is possible! Maybe at least an update, with an paragrah of explanation.

Cade, can you check this out?
sl23

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by sl23 on Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Loudest

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it a little hypocritical that the facebook group considers that this petition does not match its rules, but have also led to the spread of the hack...(which nevertheless has visibly embarrassed KORG)
in my view, that is extremely stupid
whatever
Rolling Eyes
thebiglebowski

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loudest wrote:
I find it a little hypocritical that the facebook group considers that this petition does not match its rules, but have also led to the spread of the hack...(which nevertheless has visibly embarrassed KORG)
in my view, that is extremely stupid
whatever
Rolling Eyes

The FB group is a farse. The admin explained why he singlehandedly decided to remove the post with the petition link. Then some guy commented on it: „all hail the new democracy”. His comment was deleted Smile

The FB group clearly i just some guys sandbox, I wouldn't worry about it too much.
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few things:

First off, again, thank you so much Cade for taking the lead on this. You did an incredible job.

2nd thing, I am a proud member of the FB group. To be blunt, I have seen better engagement in the FB group than in Korg forums. That group has been so helpful and I have had a wonderful time helping others there. Some of you here I have met at the FB group!

3rd thing you should also know is that I have read the FB groups rules and regulations for posting. Ironically, posting about the Change.org petition does NOT violate any of the groups posting rules. Largely is doesn't because it is directly about and Electribe 2 or S2 issue, which is a prerequisite for posting.
So with that in mind, on to...

4th point, I RE-POSTED about the petition however with a custom graphic and the link is to this topic here Korg Forums. Maybe the direct link to change.org was the issue. Who knows.

Anyhow, we are at 300+ signatures right now!!!!!!
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
mihata

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.matrixsynth.com/2016/07/user-petition-for-korg-electribe.html

We are on Matrixsynth with the petition's full text posted. That should help! Now come on Synthtopia!
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on!!!! This is so awesome...Matrixsynth! Oh we're at 310 BTW!
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
mihata

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, what about someone post on Korg's corporate pages - global, US and UK ones?

Also people with twitter could be more active by mentioning the Matrixsynth link along with Korg it will make it hard to ignore
thebiglebowski

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMK wrote:

4th point, I RE-POSTED about the petition however with a custom graphic and the link is to this topic here Korg Forums. Maybe the direct link to change.org was the issue. Who knows.

It looks like this post was deleted. Also, the post where the admin explained why he decided to delete all petition posts – gone.

So there is no trace of the petition on this group whatsoever.

Meanwhile on the FB Groovebox Society group – the link is up, a lot of people showed support. And there is over 300 signatures allready on change.org

Seriously, you still think this FB group is so awesome?
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebiglebowski wrote:
As for including Tats as the main recipient of the petition: to some point I agree that this is wrong. He is involved in the analogue part of Korgs product line, he's is the face of the incredible success of the Volca line. He was propably never involved with the Electribes.

But on the other hand, he is the only one public Korg person people know and recognize. Thats why forwarding him this message is OK IMO, as long as he is not the main recipient. He is definitely not responsible for the issues addressed in this petition.

If there's a way to edit that - you should do that.

At first I didn't know who or how "Tats" was selected as the main guy on the petition. Or even why selecting the guy was a problem. Okay so he's the guy in the Youtube videos. Yeah, that makes sense. He may only focus on Volcas but he is (whether he likes it or not) the face of Korg...this is good because he'll be telling the rest of the departments about how Electribe users have petitioned the company.

There is no cool or un-cool way of getting a companies attention. There is only "Getting Their Attention!"

I see on the petition that 5 other people were also addressed which is great!

So moving on forward... 338 supporters!
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
thebiglebowski

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMK wrote:
There is no cool or un-cool way of getting a companies attention. There is only "Getting Their Attention!"

Touché!
immon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm feeling positive, but it is a shame that this campaign is not allowed on the Facebook page as it has 3000 subscribers. The admin did suggest to me that there was 'a secret' when he listed his reasons for deleting the post. I wonder if he has an actual connection with korg?

I've tweeted korguk anyway and for some reason they follow me on Twitter.
Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14

Jump to: